Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Do we have any running backs this week?

CS Colts Fan    134

just saw this on rotoworld..

Delone Carter - RB - Colts

The Colts declined to update the status of RB Delone Carter (ankle) Monday.

Carter appeared to sprain his ankle during the third quarter of last week's win over the Titans. With Donald Brown (ankle) also sidelined, Vick Ballard is the only healthy member of the Colts' backfield. He racked up 20 touches for 104 yards against the Titans and had a one-yard touchdown plunge vultured by Carter.

Related: Vick Ballard

can we get Evans back if needed

PrincetonTiger    5,813

just saw this on rotoworld..

Delone Carter - RB - Colts

The Colts declined to update the status of RB Delone Carter (ankle) Monday.

Carter appeared to sprain his ankle during the third quarter of last week's win over the Titans. With Donald Brown (ankle) also sidelined, Vick Ballard is the only healthy member of the Colts' backfield. He racked up 20 touches for 104 yards against the Titans and had a one-yard touchdown plunge vultured by Carter.

Related: Vick Ballard

can we get Evans back if needed

interesting info

krunk    7,897

D. Carter..Donald Brown?

Vic Ballard..my man Robert Hughes of ND....

Come on now..some body's got to be healthy

anybody know?

Haven't seen any updates yet, but I have a good feeling Donald Brown will play on Sunday. It's been almost regular this season for him to play one game, and then be out the next one.

pacolts56    2,349

An excerpt from this column....if accurate....provides the backdrop of Jacobs' situation.....

http://sports.yahoo....31217--nfl.html

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today Sports, who provided blanket coverage of the Giants for many seasons, the only team that Jacobs is currently willing to play for is the Giants. By placing Jacobs on their suspended list for the rest of the season, the 49ers have blocked such a move until the 2013 offseason. Jacobs, however, is planning to file an appeal to either be reinstated, receive his remaining pay or his release."

Unfortunately....it sounds complicated enough to where I don't think it'll happen, or certainly cannot happen in enough time to help us this week.

krunk    7,897

The decision should be made today

Arvester(sp) may get some playing time

I'd be interested to see what Alvester looks like. For some reason Grigson consistently brings him back instead of totally getting rid of him like some of the other practice squad projects. I haven't got to see a great deal of film on him, but I do know he's about a 4.3 to 4.4 speed guy. We'll see I guess.

krunk    7,897

An excerpt from this column....if accurate....provides the backdrop of Jacobs' situation.....

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today Sports, who provided blanket coverage of the Giants for many seasons, the only team that Jacobs is currently willing to play for is the Giants. By placing Jacobs on their suspended list for the rest of the season, the 49ers have blocked such a move until the 2013 offseason. Jacobs, however, is planning to file an appeal to either be reinstated, receive his remaining pay or his release."

Unfortunately....it sounds complicated enough to where I don't think it'll happen, or certainly cannot happen in enough time to help us this week.

I think Jacobs was hoping the 49ers would cut him, thinking the Giants would pick him up. Looking ugly now.

Balzer40    4,236

He can't be traded anyway. The deadline has long since passed.

PrincetonTiger    5,813

I'd be interested to see what Alvester looks like. For some reason Grigson consistently brings him back instead of totally getting rid of him like some of the other practice squad projects. I haven't got to see a great deal of film on him, but I do know he's about a 4.3 to 4.4 speed guy. We'll see I guess.

agreed

pacolts56    2,349

He can't be traded anyway. The deadline has long since passed.

You're right....and if they did release him the Giants would probably grab him with Andre Brown on IR.

Crap.

Smonroe    7,572

Here's a summary for Alvseter:

"Adequate-sized, lean and narrow-framed, Alexander is a linear, upright runner with good timed speed and good hands out of the backfield (see Weber State, San Diego State). Lacks wiggle to make people miss and his run strength is just average. Not a physical blocker and career production is not special — generally gains what is blocked. Could have used another year of development, but left school early to help his family."

The "generally gains what is blocked" quote doesn't bode we'll, not with our line.

The Peytonator    2,022

Anyone have any updates on Brown? I thought he basically just sat out against the Titans as a precaution. Didn't think his injury would keep him out for too long. I like Ballard but Brown is the better back.

SteelCityColt    4,719

Don't make any plans.... :D

Ha well I'm a bit older, un-fitter and not any wiser then in my glory days and I've never played American Football, can I still play please? :P

I do however have extensive experience of smashing head first into large men trying to break the "gain" line so i probably have some transferable skills. I've never run the 40 dash, or indeed anything in yards but I was a county state champion at the 60 Mtrs if that counts?

Umm what else, oh yeah I have a low center of gravity, so I guess could be like a fat MJD?

I'm willing to play for no fee and I can supply my own underwear and supports.