Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How do you feel about.....

gnet550

How do you guys feel about Dwayne Bowe. He is going to become a free agent and from what I have read he is likely done with the Chiefs. He could be a big splash for the Colts. If you had him oppisite of Reggie, with TY in the slot, that is a sick pass catching trio. I know we need to spend more money on the O-line, D-line and a safety, but Bowe would be nice.

Luck has enough weapons and wasting money for another one when O-line, D-line, SS, CB, and probably an OLB, are so much more important to get this team where it needs to be, would be IMO absolutely stupid.

If would be a luxury pick up not a neccisity certainly. I'd hope they'd address the defensive needs in the draft and try to patch the existing holes with the FA money, even then we're still a work in progress.

As for Bowe himself, got talent but isn't always consistent and again has had attitude problems which this ball club doesn't seem to tolerate.

If would be a luxury pick up not a neccisity certainly. I'd hope they'd address the defensive needs in the draft and try to patch the existing holes with the FA money, even then we're still a work in progress.

As for Bowe himself, got talent but isn't always consistent and again has had attitude problems which this ball club doesn't seem to tolerate.

I'm not sure we are in the position to be throwing luxury money around to players that we really do not have a need for. Even though we have more money to spend than any other team in the league, that money still needs to be spent wisely in area's that need a serious upgrade and WR certainly in not one of those area's.

I notice this forum likes to "pass" on every single person becoming a FA, yet we want to go out and sign a bunch of people.

It's more of who keeps getting suggested. Skill positions that will require a huge chunk of money is not what this team needs. Offer up some good O-lineman and the majority would probably agree.

To me, it's a matter of "when" and "if." When we address our O-line needs and defensive needs, and if Bowe is still available, then yes, let's sign him. He'll make our receiving corps better. But if we haven't yet addressed our main needs as a team, then it doesn't make sense. In other words, Bowe would be the gravy, but not the meat and potatoes.

It's more of who keeps getting suggested. Skill positions that will require a huge chunk of money is not what this team needs. Offer up some good O-lineman and the majority would probably agree.

I'm not one to say we should sign this guy or that guy every time someone becomes available. If I feel they could make the team better then I'm all for it obviously. I'd rather us address the o-line and secondary for starters, then go to WR and whatever else needs tweaking.

I'm not one to say we should sign this guy or that guy every time someone becomes available. If I feel they could make the team better then I'm all for it obviously. I'd rather us address the o-line and secondary for starters, then go to WR and whatever else needs tweaking.

Yeah, I didn't particularly mean you, just an in general. I think many Colts fans are still stuck in the Bill Polian mindset of how to build a team. Meaning they always want more and more skill players. I have preached for yrs. that we need to build this team from the inside out and not the other way around. While it's nice to have that dangerous scoring options, our offense would be much more effective if we had a great O-line and D-line. With Wayne, Hilton, Avery, Brazill, Fleenor, Allen, and then add the possiblity of getting Whalen back next season and a very slim chance of getting Collie back. IMO our recieving corp. is set and there is no reason to spend a big chunk of money on a position were already good at. Even though we have a huge chunk of money next season, if we add 2 or 3 very good O-lineman, a good SS, a CB, and somebody to replace Freeney, that will take a lot of that money. Plus we should keep 7-9 million in the reserves just in case we need it in season.