Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis (+ 8 1/2) at Houston

oldunclemark

I'm surprised it isnt double digits, to be honest..

This is now a must game for Houston or they can lose the top seed.....

......The Colts have three wins over sub.500s on the road and they struggled in all 3 games..

This spread has to get over 10 to take the Colts.....who have been outscored badly on the road most of the season...

Houston was disgraced on national TV Monday night and they'll be looking for someone to take it out on..

The Colts can lose here and still make the post-season...

It isn't the game where Colts could or should secure its playoff berth. But we have to keep Luck clean...or cleaner to make it close. Even bills and Lions made it hard for Texans, so it is up to ourselves.

There is always a first time...

The worst thing that happened to the Colts upset chances was the butt whipping NE gave Houston Monday...

...very concerned about Luck in this one

The worst thing that happened to the Colts upset chances was the butt whipping NE gave Houston Monday...

I'm concerned about Luck every game...and not without a reason. We simply can't give him enough time to throw or to make plays.

I don't know yet how MNF would affect Texans...will they fall in despair? Or they think Colts are easy to beat and snub us? Or they want to secure their first place and put everything on the table?

We will have to play smart and focused.

I'm concerned about Luck every game...and not without a reason. We simply can't give him enough time to throw or to make plays.

I don't know yet how MNF would affect Texans...will they fall in despair? Or they think Colts are easy to beat and snub us? Or they want to secure their first place and put everything on the table?

We will have to play smart and focused.

Houston's season and pride is on the line.....and they're back home. Look for this spread to widen later in the week.,.

when was the last time the Colts won at Houston?

Houston's season and pride is on the line.....and they're back home. Look for this spread to widen later in the week.,.

when was the last time the Colts won at Houston?

i don't know, to be honest.

I don't expect win, and it isn't a life/death struggle for us...so we should stay smart...nothing else. I would hate a blowout...

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

I too am worried for Luck, he's taking a fair old pounding this season.

It's one of those games where we'll either squeak a miracle win or get blown out, we don't seem to know anything in between, so you might as well take the Texans and if they don't make the spread more than likely the Colts have won so it's all good :)

I too am worried for Luck, he's taking a fair old pounding this season.

It's one of those games where we'll either squeak a miracle win or get blown out, we don't seem to know anything in between, so you might as well take the Texans and if they don't make the spread more than likely the Colts have won so it's all good :)

If we get out of town with no further Injuries....I'll be happy...

we might cover 10 1/2 or 11...but 8 1/2 isnt enough

If we get out of town with no further Injuries....I'll be happy...

we might cover 10 1/2 or 11...but 8 1/2 isnt enough

Injuries is our biggest worry so yes no more ouchies would be good.

Maybe I don't get how "the line" works? I thought it meant that the Texans had to win by 8.5 points or more if you "buy/lay" them. So if you did have such a bet, based on our previous form in these games they'd either blow us out (win money?) or we'd beat them else not lose by that money (lose money but better Colts performance).

Injuries is our biggest worry so yes no more ouchies would be good.

Maybe I don't get how "the line" works? I thought it meant that the Texans had to win by 8.5 points or more if you "buy/lay" them. So if you did have such a bet, based on our previous form in these games they'd either blow us out (win money?) or we'd beat them else not lose by that money (lose money but better Colts performance).

If you take Houston, they have to win by 9 for you to win the bet..

If you take the Colts..they could lose by 8 and you still win... :)

I believe the Colts were 5 1/2 points favorites last week and they won by 4.....so if you took the Colts, you lost

That's kind of how I figured it, I only ever bet against teams I support, my own little superstition.

For example last time my Football (UK) team played in a final I bet against them to lose to the amount that would cover my tickets/travel/day out if they did go on to lose. Of course a draw tie (in normal time) would have scuppered me completely :P

and NE and the Bears blew us out.......when was the last time Indy won at Houston?

You talk like we have some kind of loooong losing streak against houston on the road. We lost the last 2 times with a totally different team, and a totally different quarterback, coaching staff and players. New England is almost an automatic loss for everybody at home. The Bears and the Jets losses were earlier in the year when we were still finding a team identity. We've grown a bit since then. We are a better defensive team, we've know how to play in tight games, and we even learned a bit about playing in shoot outs against the Lions. Blocking is our biggest issue, but even in games where our blocking is bad we've found ways to win those. If Luck can limit the turnovers to no more than one we've got a pretty good shot. Have a bit more faith, you've been a bit of a pessimist lately!

This is certainly not one that any sane person would expect a Colt win. However, every year there are tons of games won by teams that, on paper, shouldn't have a shot at winning. Honestly, I see a chance of winning if we take the game up a notch. Luck has to play mistake-free ball - these games with four or five horrendous mistakes followed by three or four incredible plays he's been having aren't going to be a recipe for a victory in Houston. But, while the loss at NE makes every game until the end of the season meaningful for Houston, it also hopefully exhibited some of Houston's weaknesses. They looked beatable...but Indy's going to have to play like they did in the second half against GB...

You talk like we have some kind of loooong losing streak against houston on the road. We lost the last 2 times with a totally different team, and a totally different quarterback, coaching staff and players. New England is almost an automatic loss for everybody at home. The Bears and the Jets losses were earlier in the year when we were still finding a team identity. We've grown a bit since then. We are a better defensive team, we've know how to play in tight games, and we even learned a bit about playing in shoot outs against the Lions. Blocking is our biggest issue, but even in games where our blocking is bad we've found ways to win those. If Luck can limit the turnovers to no more than one we've got a pretty good shot. Have a bit more faith, you've been a bit of a pessimist lately!

krunk.....Come on man....the spread is 8 1/2.

we didnt come close in NY. Chicgao or NE.....

... I dont have faith we'll win ......I'm very agnostic about Colts-Houston :D

..and everyone is....truth be told....

Don't count me in that "everyone is". I do believe we can win. The spread speaks to what someone believes about a game. Spreads can certainly be wrong because they are based on peoples opinions of a team. There's nothing factual about a spread.

It isn't the game where Colts could or should secure its playoff berth. But we have to keep Luck clean...or cleaner to make it close. Even bills and Lions made it hard for Texans, so it is up to ourselves.

actually if the colts win this weekend against houston they secure a playoff spot. and second if they beat houston in houston it will make week 17 match up that more interesting because it would put the colts back 1 game and a chance to win the division.

Yes, bad but expected. Nobody goes to Foxboro in December as a visitor and comes out victorious. If they had played at Reliant, likely a much closer game. We have been poor on the road. Texans should handle us on their turf. Should... the operative word. You never really know. And I too hope. :)

You were also pessimistic about our chances vs the Lions, Jacksonville, Tennessee, etc, etc. It's getting old...

I'm surprised it isnt double digits, to be honest..

This is now a must game for Houston or they can lose the top seed.....

......The Colts have three wins over sub.500s on the road and they struggled in all 3 games..

This spread has to get over 10 to take the Colts.....who have been outscored badly on the road most of the season...

Houston was disgraced on national TV Monday night and they'll be looking for someone to take it out on..

The Colts can lose here and still make the post-season...

We covered the spread in two road games. The (basically) same Texans team killed two very different Colts teams at their place the last two years. Then they lost in Indy. This tell us nothing about this years Colts since we're nothing like those last two teams. But it does tell us something about the Texans. They're consistent in their inconsistency.

I actually see last night as possibly causing the opposite reaction. The Texans could just as easily be tight, they know that the #1 seed can be taken away, the division which until now they had walked away with not wrapped up. The Texans history, albeit a brief one, doesn't exactly contain tons of examples of closing, success as the front runner. The Colts aren't supposed to be here - the Texans were supposed to already have the South wrapped up. If there is any pressure Sunday, it will be on the Texans to do what everyone, including themselves, expected to do.

The more I watch Schaub, the less I see a QB ready to make a Super Bowl run. I don't think he looked good at all last night - tight, pressed, throws into double coverage (that early pick was a bad read, and under thrown, and changed the game). I hope the Colts slow down Foster and I'd like to see Schaub be forced to win it. I have my doubts he can perform on the biggest stages. Last night was a chance for the Texans to 'arrive', and they failed miserably. They themselves called last night the biggest game in franchise history.

We covered the spread in two road games. The (basically) same Texans team killed two very different Colts teams at their place the last two years. Then they lost in Indy. This tell us nothing about this years Colts since we're nothing like those last two teams. But it does tell us something about the Texans. They're consistent in their inconsistency.

That is deep :thmup:

You were also pessimistic about our chances vs the Lions, Jacksonville, Tennessee, etc, etc. It's getting old...

Come on man....You made that up... :)

I picked us to beat Jax and Tennessee..and we got a miracle at Detroit...

are we defined by how much if a cheerleader we are...

Got to say what you think....before you say what you hope

lets not forget Jaxsonville lost in OT Like Lions in back to back weeks & Texans would of lost to lions if not that dumb rule when Coach shwatrz called a challenge when not allowed on an obvious tackle or fumble and the result was then an unchangeable TD for houston & penalty on Lions on kickoff, if not for that would be another texan loss making it 3

never know that dumb challenge flag may if Texans lose another and Broncos win out alter seeding as if both have same record then texans have the tiebreaker, beating them early in seasonm as chemistry was developing on offense and D was getting use to Del Rio style

I believ a blown call in a packer Seatlle game with fake refs also affected seeding or could

amazing how a bad call can change a teams season

I think this is a win-win situation. I hope the Texans play like they did last night. If the Colts win, we got a shot at the division title. If the Texans win, I still think the Colts are going to make the playoffs, plus it keep Houston in front of NE for home field advantage. You always have to have a backup plan. My #1 hope is that Colts win the Super Bowl. If that fails, my backup plan is the Patriots don't! lol

I actually see last night as possibly causing the opposite reaction. The Texans could just as easily be tight, they know that the #1 seed can be taken away, the division which until now they had walked away with not wrapped up. The Texans history, albeit a brief one, doesn't exactly contain tons of examples of closing, success as the front runner. The Colts aren't supposed to be here - the Texans were supposed to already have the South wrapped up. If there is any pressure Sunday, it will be on the Texans to do what everyone, including themselves, expected to do.

The more I watch Schaub, the less I see a QB ready to make a Super Bowl run. I don't think he looked good at all last night - tight, pressed, throws into double coverage (that early pick was a bad read, and under thrown, and changed the game). I hope the Colts slow down Foster and I'd like to see Schaub be forced to win it. I have my doubts he can perform on the biggest stages. Last night was a chance for the Texans to 'arrive', and they failed miserably. They themselves called last night the biggest game in franchise history.

I'm liking your thinking here............our last two games in Texas have been uglier than the last kardashian...

..but you have a school of thought here...

Here are my thoughts...

1. Houston and the Colts have had a similar schedule this year, with the exception of the Broncos in week three--a team that was just learning to play together under Manning, and the Ravens who are up and down.

2. They lost to New England and the Packers, and eaked out a win over the Lions and the Jags in a shoot out. They have shown that passing teams can go toe-to-toe with them.

3. Our strength is their weakness. They play man defense and our receiving corps is very fast and efficient. If we can allow Luck to have time, we stand a good chance.

4. We have been doing well against the run.

5. Davis will be asked to cover Johnson- our best bet to stop him.