Could there be a tie for ROY between Luck and RG3

USAFHoosier

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not anymore. RGIII is out.

While I'm almost certain he will not play this weekend, he still hasn't been ruled out as far as I know. Last I heard was "day to day". They shouldn't rush him back out there, got to protect the future of your franchise. I do think lost playing time might hurt RGIII some, he is still the media darling though. As much as I hate to say it Luck still has work to do to get that honor.

Griffin's going to play this weekend. If a concussion couldn't keep him out then a sprain isn't. I don't think there will be a tie, but then again, I have seen a lot of strange things this season.

I don't necessarily agree. In my opinion, players are more inclined to push themselves back to action with a head injury than a knee injury. It's not too difficult to ignore a concussion when your competitive spirit comes out; but it is a lot more difficult to ignore an injury when you have a sprained LCL and can't cut as effectively. With that being said, I agree a tie is highly improbable. NFL fandom is practically clamoring for the rubber stamp to come down and dub Luck or RG3 the next biggest thing. Despite the fact that we can all observe their productivity, we live in a society and culture in which labels are embraced and even needed to an extent. Sad but true. Go Colts and Go Luck! Finish Chuckstrong!!!

I don't necessarily agree. In my opinion, players are more inclined to push themselves back to action with a head injury than a knee injury. It's not too difficult to ignore a concussion when your competitive spirit comes out; but it is a lot more difficult to ignore an injury when you have a sprained LCL and can't cut as effectively. With that being said, I agree a tie is highly improbable. NFL fandom is practically clamoring for the rubber stamp to come down and dub Luck or RG3 the next biggest thing. Despite the fact that we can all observe their productivity, we live in a society and culture in which labels are embraced and even needed to an extent. Sad but true. Go Colts and Go Luck! Finish Chuckstrong!!!

Yep, the media is quick to slap labels on athletes. I'm sure by this time next year Johnny Manziel will be hailed as the next Tom Brady and Manti Te'o the next Ray Lewis lol. As far as the injury goes, yes, the competitive spirit is going to be the factor into Griffin playing. I'm sure he'll give it a go in practice and if he feels good enough by Friday, he'll be full go. He knows the position that his team is in, and he will want to be there every game to give them a chance. That's just what I think anyway.

Yep, the media is quick to slap labels on athletes. I'm sure by this time next year Johnny Manziel will be hailed as the next Tom Brady and Manti Te'o the next Ray Lewis lol. As far as the injury goes, yes, the competitive spirit is going to be the factor into Griffin playing. I'm sure he'll give it a go in practice and if he feels good enough by Friday, he'll be full go. He knows the position that his team is in, and he will want to be there every game to give them a chance. That's just what I think anyway.

Oh I certainly agree he will do everything he can to be out there. I just don't know if it's in their best interests. As for Manziel, thank God for the NFL drafting rules. We wont have to here about that for 2 more years haha.

I could see a tie happening but ties are just disappointing.

One player should have it, not two.

I wouldn't be surprised if RG3 didn't play, which he probably shouldn't so he can rest his sprain.

I think people are going to look at our win total as opposed to the actual stats and that is why Luck will probably win ROTY

Oh I certainly agree he will do everything he can to be out there. I just don't know if it's in their best interests. As for Manziel, thank God for the NFL drafting rules. We wont have to here about that for 2 more years haha.

Hahaha yep, thank God. :yes:

Are you serious?

By seasons end Luck will have 30+ turnovers and a completion ratio of less than 50%! IMO, right now he is behind both RG3 and Russel Willson!

If you think Russell Wilson is going to be Rookie of the year....you havent been paying close attention....

There are only 2 candidates....

Griffin's going to play this weekend. If a concussion couldn't keep him out then a sprain isn't. I don't think there will be a tie, but then again, I have seen a lot of strange things this season.

RG3 wont play this week.....Shanahan is saying 'day-to-day' so as not to tip off the other team as to who to prepare for...

Chill, people. RG3's father Tweeted (I know he shouldn't be he has been a little out there, so to speak) that his son's knee is fine and he is ready to play this Sunday.

Now, while RG3 and his father think he is ready, the coaching staff may have other ideas. Cousins is no slouch and can ball so they may want to rest RG3 and play Cousins against the lowly but very dangerous (3 wins in a row) Browns.

In any case, 1 week off shouldn't surprise anyone but don't be shocked to see RG3 on the field this Sunday.

If you think Russell Wilson is going to be Rookie of the year....you havent been paying close attention....

There are only 2 candidates....

ROFL - I've paid attention and not bought into the media hype! Luck is not having any where near a great year!

Rookie 'Passing' Stats

RG3 18 TDs 4 INTs 66.4% CMP

Wilson 20 TDs 9 INTs 63.0% CMP

Luck 18 TDs 18 INTs 54.9% CMP

Its not even close!!!

RG3 wont play this week.....Shanahan is saying 'day-to-day' so as not to tip off the other team as to who to prepare for...

Perhaps, but there isn't a whole lot of film to prep for Cousins regardless...As the guy above me said, don't be surprised if he does show up on the field.

It isn't going to matter whether or not RGIII plays this weekend. He is going to win ROY unless Luck makes a deep playoff run. That is essentially the only way Luck has a chance at this point. The media is in love with him, and it would take a lot for Luck to win, especially considering the number of turnovers Luck has right now.

ROFL - I've paid attention and not bought into the media hype! Luck is not having any where near a great year!

Rookie 'Passing' Stats

RG3 18 TDs 4 INTs 66.4% CMP

Wilson 20 TDs 9 INTs 63.0% CMP

Luck 18 TDs 18 INTs 54.9% CMP

Its not even close!!!

Virtually, everybody thats important in the ROTY voting would completely disagree with you. There are more important things than stats.

Why is the media in love with RG3? Well, for one, the NFC East is like Hollywood compared to the other divisions. Anything out of the ordinary the media will blow it up. Secondly, RG3 takes to this attention like duck to water. That's the recipe. And he has held up well so far due to his strict and focused upbringing.

I am not so sure yet RG3 will win ROY. I am keeping my eye on Russell Wilson. He might be the sleeper.

Virtually, everybody thats important in the ROTY voting would completely disagree with you. There are more important things than stats.

We all realize that, but the RGIII media-hype machine doesn't. They're going to give it to RGIII, Balzer. But I think we have the better QB, and I am more concerned about a possible playoff run than I am about some arbitrary award.

We all realize that, but the RGIII media-hype machine doesn't. They're going to give it to RGIII, Balzer. But I think we have the better QB, and I am more concerned about a possible playoff run than I am about some arbitrary award.

Oh, I agree completely. I think RG3 had it wrapped up early in the season with all the media love. My point to Hawkeyes was that there are not many that don't realize the importance that Luck has been to the Colts and even though his stats aren't great, he is 100% clutch and has shown that he can lead a mediocre football team.

That's debatable and highly subjective.

I will say this though, the only discernible weakness in RG3's game, besides inexperience, is his ability to protect himself when scrambling. Once corrected, he will be more of a handful than he is now.

That's debatable and highly subjective.

I will say this though, the only discernible weakness in RG3's game, besides inexperience, is his ability to protect himself when scrambling. Once corrected, he will be more of a handful than he is now.

Right now though, the only discernible weakness Luck has, isn't even his own. It's the line blocking for him, once the Colts have a good line that can run block and keep defenders off of him for more than 1 second, then his mistakes will go down considerably.

Oh, I agree completely. I think RG3 had it wrapped up early in the season with all the media love. My point to Hawkeyes was that there are not many that don't realize the importance that Luck has been to the Colts and even though his stats aren't great, he is 100% clutch and has shown that he can lead a mediocre football team.

If you can be objective for one moment, rewind 1-2 years and check ALL the games Stanford played and also all the games Baylor played (irrespective of opponent strength).

In both scenarios, both RG3 and Luck excelled at elevating their game and playing much higher than their teammates. They essentially lifted their respective programs from the dump and carried it on their backs. They were that good. No other QBs did it quite as effectively as RG3 and Luck over the 4 year time frame from 2008-2011.

They are now doing the same thing in the pros, at a different level. Different styles, different team composition but pretty much the same results, regardless of numbers or records.

At the end of the day both of these QBs have the potential to be Hall of Fame QBs. Their accomplishments and records speak for themselves.

If you can be objective for one moment, rewind 1-2 years and check ALL the games Stanford played and also all the games Baylor played (irrespective of opponent strength).

In both scenarios, both RG3 and Luck excelled at elevating their game and playing much higher than their teammates. They essentially lifted their respective programs from the dump and carried it on their backs.

You are right - when Luck left Stanford they went into the dumps ... no wait - they are still a top 10 team - how could that be objective? LOL!

My Freind you are so right.Im glad JM has to stay in school,IMO the media done him a terrible injustice,hope he is mature enough to overcome this and keep growing as a player and team member.Manti is not the next RL not exactly the same type of LB and Ray has proved himself for years.Im not a big media fan myself,i think they are very ...well lets just leave it at that :thmup:

My Freind you are so right.Im glad JM has to stay in school,IMO the media done him a terrible injustice,hope he is mature enough to overcome this and keep growing as a player and team member.Manti is not the next RL not exactly the same type of LB and Ray has proved himself for years.Im not a big media fan myself,i think they are very ...well lets just leave it at that :thmup:

haha yep, I think both those guys should be able to overcome the early spotlight being cast on them. The media can make or break you, unfortunately. My Like Tank is currently empty so here you go bud. :thmup:

In both scenarios, both RG3 and Luck excelled at elevating their game and playing much higher than their teammates. They essentially lifted their respective programs from the dump and carried it on their backs. They were that good. No other QBs did it quite as effectively as RG3 and Luck over the 4 year time frame from 2008-2011.

They are now doing the same thing in the pros, at a different level. Different styles, different team composition but pretty much the same results, regardless of numbers or records.

At the end of the day both of these QBs have the potential to be Hall of Fame QBs. Their accomplishments and records speak for themselves.

Im being as objective as I can be. RG3 is having a great season and he has elevated the Skins, but I am looking past the stats and seeing what Luck has had to do to get the Colts in the position they are in. It's amazing IMO that the colts are on the verge of making the playoffs with the roster they have. The O-line he has to play behind is so bad it's amazing that the guy has been able to do anything this season. I have said all along that IMO Luck has had the much tougher road to go down, with the pressure of following a legend and leading a team full of rookie's and scrubs. He's made mistakes, but it's because he has to try to make things happen and that is exactly what he has done.

I agree with you for the most part, but telling us to be objective and then saying that RGIII has no discernible weakness other than protecting himself is sort of ridiculous. I am not going to debate any further just because we already have one thread for that. Just out of curiousity, how many Colts games have you watched this season? Because I am guessing you haven't seen just how truly atrocious our O-line is.

Actually, I am a just homer without being a homer for the sake of being a homer!

In this fans eyes based on stats and not on media hype Luck is third, fourth maybe even fifth in this years rookie class.

Lol just checkin. I thought you were trolling, but just wanted to thank you for confirming it.

Proceed.