•  

Photo

Upcoming free agents interested in playing with Colts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
113 replies to this topic

#1 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Posted Image@nfldraftscout
Already hearing from upcoming free agents who say they'd like to go play with Luck and the #Colts. Players are taking notice.

apparently the guy is a respected writer so maybe this holds some weight but if its true I am really excited for the offseason..I'm pretty sure most players in the league have taken notice and wishing they could be apart of this squad. Negotiations should be pretty easy when its time to lure in the free agents that Grigson has his eye on.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2544 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

Well, considering that we are almost playoff contenders and have tons of dollars...we may lure valuable UFAs to our roster. There are still lot of needs.

COLTSTRONG

#3 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5949 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

CB Cary Williams and S Jarius Byrd as far as free agents on defense.
OT Branden Albert and G LeVitre as far as offense
hopefully land 3 of the 4..other needs will find in draft

#4 Brian Casserly

Brian Casserly
  • 3366 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

Already hearing from upcoming free agents (who have agents explaining to them how much cap space the Colts will have next season and that Indy might be the place where they can cash in) who say they'd like to go play with Luck and the #Colts. Players are taking notice.

Regardless, good sign.

* After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the New England Patriots $250,000.00 for cheating and stripped them of their 1st round draft selection in the 2008 NFL draft. ** After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the New England Patriots' head coach Bill Belichick $500,000.00 (the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 93-year history) for cheating.

#5 jwilli69

jwilli69
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Pretty sure every player who is a free agent is saying I want to play with this team as long as they are the highest bidder. We have seen that the prized DE who used to play in Texas last year went to Buffalo instead of staying with his warm weather team. You think Williams said, I want to go play with Ryan Fitzpatrick, please make it happen? Highest bidder gets the prize in almost every FA case. I want a RT, RG, SS and a DE since Freeney will be gone and Jerry isnt cutting it. That's a lot of money to spend in FA though, let's see how Griggs works it.
John Williams

#6 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

OT Branden Albert and G LeVitre as far as offense
hopefully land 3 of the 4..other needs will find in draft

I've seen Cary Williams' name mentioned a few times - just gonna let it be known that he really isn't good. I live with a Ravens fan, and watch most Ravens games with him.

#7 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2544 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Pretty sure every player who is a free agent is saying I want to play with this team as long as they are the highest bidder. We have seen that the prized DE who used to play in Texas last year went to Buffalo instead of staying with his warm weather team. You think Williams said, I want to go play with Ryan Fitzpatrick, please make it happen? Highest bidder gets the prize in almost every FA case. I want a RT, RG, SS and a DE since Freeney will be gone and Jerry isnt cutting it. That's a lot of money to spend in FA though, let's see how Griggs works it.

I've stated it before, IMO Grigs will seek for young, promising FAs, who have great potential and can serve Colts for longer term. He did an excellent job this offseason, I think he will do it again next year, but higher level.

COLTSTRONG

#8 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3029 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Can Grigson pull a miracle drafting 21+ in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th rds.?
And CAP $$$ disappears pretty fast resigning your own.

#9 USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

UFA's know we have the cash this off season and that we are an up and coming team once again. Hopefully guys we sign will be here for the chance at winning more than just wanting a pay day. Grigson should be able to weed them out.

#10 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2544 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Can Grigson pull a miracle drafting 21+ in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th rds.?
And CAP $$$ disappears pretty fast resigning your own.

I wouldn't be surprised, if a good handful of our player would be cut next year. Especially if Grigs/Pagano find better option for a spot that is currently occupied.

COLTSTRONG

#11 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 13534 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

wow
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#12 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

I've seen Cary Williams' name mentioned a few times - just gonna let it be known that he really isn't good. I live with a Ravens fan, and watch most Ravens games with him.

he probably isn't playing well anymore because Chuck is not there anymore..the Ravens defense has regressed as a whole since Chuck left and back in August we was trying to get him before we got Vontae..

#13 Dan

Dan

• 1371 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

he probably isn't playing well anymore because Chuck is not there anymore..the Ravens defense has regressed as a whole since Chuck left and back in August we was trying to get him before we got Vontae..

Let's not blame the coordinator for him losing track of receivers and getting burned regularly. Since Webb has been out, Williams has been #1 CB and has been exposed as just being not very good. He wasn't great last year against #2 receivers, horrible this year against #1s.

#14 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4034 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

I can't see the list at work, can somebody copy and paste it please?

#15 The Peytonator

The Peytonator
  • 2898 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

RT - Phil Loadholt
RG - Geoff Schwartz
DE - Ropati Pitoitua
DE - Desmond Bryant
NT - Aubrayo Franklin
OLB - Anthony Spencer
CB - Keenan Lewis
SS - William Moore

Most of these guys shouldn't be too expensive. Spencer and Moore would probably cost the most, but probably not more than 7 or 8 mil a year. The 3 Dlinemen and Schwartz would be around 2 mil a year, and Loadholt would get a contract that looks like Eric Winston's 4 year/22 contract. This offseason could honestly make our team elite next year, especially since Luck and all the other rookies will make their sophomore jump.

#16 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

I trust Grigson to make the right moves going forward into the offseason.

He does his homework virtually on every player and it shows that he can find talent.

This offseason I expect the team to be looking at a lot of FAs.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#17 reyrey1332

reyrey1332
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

what scares me is Grigson was in charge of the Eagles when they put together the so called "Dream Team"...how did that turn out??? lol I'm afraid of bringing in high dollar FA who will mess up our team chemistry....will be a very fine line.

#18 vinatierifan4

vinatierifan4
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

what scares me is Grigson was in charge of the Eagles when they put together the so called "Dream Team"...how did that turn out??? lol I'm afraid of bringing in high dollar FA who will mess up our team chemistry....will be a very fine line.

The colts aren't the eagles. The Eagles have always had a since of corruption, Indianapolis is a boring town, with a boring quarterback. The media hates Indianapolis because we are so boring

#19 reyrey1332

reyrey1332
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

I agree with you, but that doesn't mean Grigson won't repeat his mistakes and try to buy all the top FA's...he went ape % with the Eagles when they had money to blow. Didn't workout too well for them...

#20 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8985 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

grigson was never in charge when in philly

#21 Zachris

Zachris
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

I would still support trying to get Mike Wallace if he is out there and replacing Avery with him.

#22 reyrey1332

reyrey1332
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

He was Director of Player Personnel the year they built the Dream Team...there was an article about how that team was built, and he was one of the masterminds.

#23 reyrey1332

reyrey1332
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

I would still support trying to get Mike Wallace if he is out there and replacing Avery with him.

I agree. I think we sign Wallace because of BA. Yes, I believe BA will stay with the Colts and turn down whatever HC offers he gets.

#24 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8985 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

He was Director of Player Personnel the year they built the Dream Team...there was an article about how that team was built, and he was one of the masterminds.

i think it's well know that andy reid has final decision in football matters....with howie roseman being #2.

#25 reyrey1332

reyrey1332
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

well, hopefully you are right then...because I don't believe in just stockpiling the top FA's...

#26 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2070 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Jarius Byrd & Antione Bethea? That'd be scary good!

#27 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8985 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

well, hopefully you are right then...because I don't believe in just stockpiling the top FA's...

i think you should be at ease. he was interviewed awhile back and stated he didn't believe in spending money just because you have it.

#28 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8985 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Jarius Byrd & Antione Bethea? That'd be scary good!

byrd will almost certainly get franchised if he doesn't sign a new deal

#29 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I wouldnt mind picking up Adrian Wilson from Arizona...they're going to have a mass exodus of players and he's already said he wants to go.

#30 jwilli69

jwilli69
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

I've stated it before, IMO Grigs will seek for young, promising FAs, who have great potential and can serve Colts for longer term. He did an excellent job this offseason, I think he will do it again next year, but higher level.

Yeah he did do a fine job at getting the lower teir FA's who were available but he didn't have any money to work with. This season will tell his vision, does he uncover undeveloped talent rotting on bad teams or does he go for high dollar superstars looking to cash in on contract year success? I don't mind seeing him pay top dollar on proven talent in an area of need (oline) but I don't want to see us get caught up in contract year wonders who have name recognition.

We need a RT and at least a RG. Those two FA guys should cost around 7 mil/yr for 5 years each if they are in the top group. We will need a top notch DE and those are 10 mil/yr guys but will there be one of those guys avail or do you pay freeney 5 mil/yr for 3 more and draft one? Need a safety and a top flight one will cost you another 7-9/yr but does a Byrd type guy warrant that, is he that good and does he fit our system?
Griggs has a lot to figure out an do it smart. Spend the money in the right places and makes sure these new players fit our system and not just a big signing. Can't wait!!
John Williams

#31 chad72

chad72
  • 8856 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

I wouldnt mind picking up Adrian Wilson from Arizona...they're going to have a mass exodus of players and he's already said he wants to go.

Dashon Goldson of 49ers and Keenan Lewis of Steelers for DBs

Matt Slauson of Jets, Louis Vasquez of Chargers for OL

Richard Seymour for DE/DT

All these moves should put us back in contention again.

#32 Dan

Dan

• 1371 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Andy Levitre is a very good guard who is only 26. He's probably my most wanted FA.

#33 Benacci

Benacci
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

You can't tell me that if we were in that position at that time we wouldn't have taken those same free agents. You never know how well a free agent will mesh with a new team.
From Greensburg to Sarasota....Always a Colt Fan.

#34 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

You can't tell me that if we were in that position at that time we wouldn't have taken those same free agents. You never know how well a free agent will mesh with a new team.

Agreed. I think Grigs still did a decent job with the dream team because as we can see it didnt work but most of those contracts are expiring very soon.

#35 reyrey1332

reyrey1332
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I agree with the guy who likes Andy Levitre. We need him, and he is so good. He's one of my top picks I hope we can get.

#36 tyvon19

tyvon19
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

I hope grigs signs guys like Vontae, young with good upside. I am scared of having big name FAs with a lot of $$$ at stake either getting injured or not panning out. Not saying they wont but i like what grigson did trade for vontae.

Manning>Luck

#37 OJl

OJl
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Jake Long - IF his injury issues are a non-issue he's the biggest prize this off season. There was a report that Long won't be franchised by the Dolphins because of something in his contract. A healthy Jake Long along with Castanzo, find a solid starter at guard and our Oline is solid for next year!

I heard the Adrian Wilson rumblings too. He'd look nice playing Safety for us.

#38 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5949 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

He put up the same numbers as Ladarius Webb the past two years. he had 18 pass defensed last year with 78 tackles, this year he has 13 pass defensed and 4 interceptions and 62 tackles already plus he has the size at 6'1.dude can ball he just doesn't get credit with ed reed in that secondary

#39 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 13534 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

RT - Phil Loadholt
RG - Geoff Schwartz
DE - Ropati Pitoitua
DE - Desmond Bryant
NT - Aubrayo Franklin
OLB - Anthony Spencer
CB - Keenan Lewis
SS - William Moore

Most of these guys shouldn't be too expensive. Spencer and Moore would probably cost the most, but probably not more than 7 or 8 mil a year. The 3 Dlinemen and Schwartz would be around 2 mil a year, and Loadholt would get a contract that looks like Eric Winston's 4 year/22 contract. This offseason could honestly make our team elite next year, especially since Luck and all the other rookies will make their sophomore jump.

thanks
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#40 manning04

manning04
  • 828 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Would hope most of our Money is spent on the trenches. i thin having top of the line linemen can afford us to not spend too big in the secondary.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

COLTS TICKETS!

3-Game Ticket Packages Available

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates