Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Upcoming free agents interested in playing with Colts

Brooklyn Colt

rc4bp313j5afq1pokarf_normal.jpeg

@nfldraftscout

Already hearing from upcoming free agents who say they'd like to go play with Luck and the #Colts. Players are taking notice.

apparently the guy is a respected writer so maybe this holds some weight but if its true I am really excited for the offseason..I'm pretty sure most players in the league have taken notice and wishing they could be apart of this squad. Negotiations should be pretty easy when its time to lure in the free agents that Grigson has his eye on.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure every player who is a free agent is saying I want to play with this team as long as they are the highest bidder. We have seen that the prized DE who used to play in Texas last year went to Buffalo instead of staying with his warm weather team. You think Williams said, I want to go play with Ryan Fitzpatrick, please make it happen? Highest bidder gets the prize in almost every FA case. I want a RT, RG, SS and a DE since Freeney will be gone and Jerry isnt cutting it. That's a lot of money to spend in FA though, let's see how Griggs works it.

CB Cary Williams and S Jarius Byrd as far as free agents on defense.

OT Branden Albert and G LeVitre as far as offense

hopefully land 3 of the 4..other needs will find in draft

I've seen Cary Williams' name mentioned a few times - just gonna let it be known that he really isn't good. I live with a Ravens fan, and watch most Ravens games with him.

Pretty sure every player who is a free agent is saying I want to play with this team as long as they are the highest bidder. We have seen that the prized DE who used to play in Texas last year went to Buffalo instead of staying with his warm weather team. You think Williams said, I want to go play with Ryan Fitzpatrick, please make it happen? Highest bidder gets the prize in almost every FA case. I want a RT, RG, SS and a DE since Freeney will be gone and Jerry isnt cutting it. That's a lot of money to spend in FA though, let's see how Griggs works it.

I've stated it before, IMO Grigs will seek for young, promising FAs, who have great potential and can serve Colts for longer term. He did an excellent job this offseason, I think he will do it again next year, but higher level.

I've seen Cary Williams' name mentioned a few times - just gonna let it be known that he really isn't good. I live with a Ravens fan, and watch most Ravens games with him.

he probably isn't playing well anymore because Chuck is not there anymore..the Ravens defense has regressed as a whole since Chuck left and back in August we was trying to get him before we got Vontae..

he probably isn't playing well anymore because Chuck is not there anymore..the Ravens defense has regressed as a whole since Chuck left and back in August we was trying to get him before we got Vontae..

Let's not blame the coordinator for him losing track of receivers and getting burned regularly. Since Webb has been out, Williams has been #1 CB and has been exposed as just being not very good. He wasn't great last year against #2 receivers, horrible this year against #1s.

RT - Phil Loadholt

RG - Geoff Schwartz

DE - Ropati Pitoitua

DE - Desmond Bryant

NT - Aubrayo Franklin

OLB - Anthony Spencer

CB - Keenan Lewis

SS - William Moore

Most of these guys shouldn't be too expensive. Spencer and Moore would probably cost the most, but probably not more than 7 or 8 mil a year. The 3 Dlinemen and Schwartz would be around 2 mil a year, and Loadholt would get a contract that looks like Eric Winston's 4 year/22 contract. This offseason could honestly make our team elite next year, especially since Luck and all the other rookies will make their sophomore jump.

what scares me is Grigson was in charge of the Eagles when they put together the so called "Dream Team"...how did that turn out??? lol I'm afraid of bringing in high dollar FA who will mess up our team chemistry....will be a very fine line.

The colts aren't the eagles. The Eagles have always had a since of corruption, Indianapolis is a boring town, with a boring quarterback. The media hates Indianapolis because we are so boring

what scares me is Grigson was in charge of the Eagles when they put together the so called "Dream Team"...how did that turn out??? lol I'm afraid of bringing in high dollar FA who will mess up our team chemistry....will be a very fine line.

grigson was never in charge when in philly

He was Director of Player Personnel the year they built the Dream Team...there was an article about how that team was built, and he was one of the masterminds.

i think it's well know that andy reid has final decision in football matters....with howie roseman being #2.

I've stated it before, IMO Grigs will seek for young, promising FAs, who have great potential and can serve Colts for longer term. He did an excellent job this offseason, I think he will do it again next year, but higher level.

Yeah he did do a fine job at getting the lower teir FA's who were available but he didn't have any money to work with. This season will tell his vision, does he uncover undeveloped talent rotting on bad teams or does he go for high dollar superstars looking to cash in on contract year success? I don't mind seeing him pay top dollar on proven talent in an area of need (oline) but I don't want to see us get caught up in contract year wonders who have name recognition.

We need a RT and at least a RG. Those two FA guys should cost around 7 mil/yr for 5 years each if they are in the top group. We will need a top notch DE and those are 10 mil/yr guys but will there be one of those guys avail or do you pay freeney 5 mil/yr for 3 more and draft one? Need a safety and a top flight one will cost you another 7-9/yr but does a Byrd type guy warrant that, is he that good and does he fit our system?

Griggs has a lot to figure out an do it smart. Spend the money in the right places and makes sure these new players fit our system and not just a big signing. Can't wait!!

I wouldnt mind picking up Adrian Wilson from Arizona...they're going to have a mass exodus of players and he's already said he wants to go.

Dashon Goldson of 49ers and Keenan Lewis of Steelers for DBs

Matt Slauson of Jets, Louis Vasquez of Chargers for OL

Richard Seymour for DE/DT

All these moves should put us back in contention again.

You can't tell me that if we were in that position at that time we wouldn't have taken those same free agents. You never know how well a free agent will mesh with a new team.

You can't tell me that if we were in that position at that time we wouldn't have taken those same free agents. You never know how well a free agent will mesh with a new team.

Agreed. I think Grigs still did a decent job with the dream team because as we can see it didnt work but most of those contracts are expiring very soon.

Jake Long - IF his injury issues are a non-issue he's the biggest prize this off season. There was a report that Long won't be franchised by the Dolphins because of something in his contract. A healthy Jake Long along with Castanzo, find a solid starter at guard and our Oline is solid for next year!

I heard the Adrian Wilson rumblings too. He'd look nice playing Safety for us.

He put up the same numbers as Ladarius Webb the past two years. he had 18 pass defensed last year with 78 tackles, this year he has 13 pass defensed and 4 interceptions and 62 tackles already plus he has the size at 6'1.dude can ball he just doesn't get credit with ed reed in that secondary

RT - Phil Loadholt

RG - Geoff Schwartz

DE - Ropati Pitoitua

DE - Desmond Bryant

NT - Aubrayo Franklin

OLB - Anthony Spencer

CB - Keenan Lewis

SS - William Moore

Most of these guys shouldn't be too expensive. Spencer and Moore would probably cost the most, but probably not more than 7 or 8 mil a year. The 3 Dlinemen and Schwartz would be around 2 mil a year, and Loadholt would get a contract that looks like Eric Winston's 4 year/22 contract. This offseason could honestly make our team elite next year, especially since Luck and all the other rookies will make their sophomore jump.

thanks