Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the flood gates are open

CR91

the texans moral is crushed. this is the time to strike (stole a line from troy that was for you qwizboy haha). we have plenty of film of four different teams exposing this defense and while we might not have the same talent as three out of four what we do have is what the jags had familiarly of the opponent. this is gonna be some showdown in houston.

the texans moral is crushed. this is the time to strike (stole a line from troy that was for you qwizboy haha). we have plenty of film of four different teams exposing this defense and while we might not have the same talent as three out of four what we do have is what the jags had familiarly of the opponent. this is gonna be some showdown in houston.

I doubt their morale is crushed, if anything it probably made them more determined to beat the only team that can take away the AFC South. As this season has shown, anything can happen but don't look to the outcome of this game to indicate a weakness--after all, the Pats beat the Texans as bad as they beat the Colts.

The Colts can win, but it won't be easy.

I doubt their morale is crushed, if anything it probably made them more determined to beat the only team that can take away the AFC South. As this season has shown, anything can happen but don't look to the outcome of this game to indicate a weakness--after all, the Pats beat the Texans as bad as they beat the Colts.

The Colts can win, but it won't be easy.

there is no way the texans were not hurt by this. they were riding high thinking their the best and now they came crashing down to reality. well the pats killed us, but we did keep it interesting for a half :)

Familiarity is a dangerous thing, especially in division games.

That's the interesting thing about this game, though - there is no familiarity. This is a new Colts team with a new coaching staff, new offensive system, new defensive system. I'm not saying it helps either team; just pointing out the fact.

That's the interesting thing about this game, though - there is no familiarity. This is a new Colts team with a new coaching staff, new offensive system, new defensive system. I'm not saying it helps either team; just pointing out the fact.

thats true for the texans, but remember pagano faced this team in the playoffs and not much has change since then so you can be sure hes gonna have some insight in how to attack them.

Oh I'm not referring to the first game. The second game is going to be the key. Two times in two weeks, we will learn quite a bit about each other.

there is no way the texans were not hurt by this. they were riding high thinking their the best and now they came crashing down to reality. well the pats killed us, but we did keep it interesting for a half :)

I guess you've never been beaten badly at something.

Well I have and it made me that much more determined to not let it happen again....almost always worked.

I dont know, the first game on a short week will be tougher to handle if it comes down to the 4th qtr.

The Colts have to make it a 4th qtr. game in order to stand a chance. If we can do that, we might be able to squeak one.

If we let it get away in the 2nd and 3rd qtr. and it becomes a 20 pt. lead or something before the 4th qtr. starts, forget about it.

I guess you've never been beaten badly at something.

Well I have and it made me that much more determined to not let it happen again....almost always worked.

oh no I have, but its a two sided coin. not everyone can conquer that type of humiliation and convert that into determination. some people just fold

I dont know, the first game on a short week will be tougher to handle if it comes down to the 4th qtr.

The Colts have to make it a 4th qtr. game in order to stand a chance. If we can do that, we might be able to squeak one.

If we let it get away in the 2nd and 3rd qtr. and it becomes a 20 pt. lead or something before the 4th qtr. starts, forget about it.

If Indy takes care of the ball... I love the Colts chances.

They only have to get this one, though. Keep it close, win it in the end, then all the pressure is on the Texans coming to Indy for the finale.

I think fans give way too much creed into last weeks effect, locker room quotes, and other stuff. IMO, what really effects a team are the good and bad plays that happen in THAT game. Couple a few bad calls, with a poorly thrown ball that turns into an interception, add in a freaky bounce that goes into the other teams hands, and the game gets out of hand in one and a half quarters of play. Then the strategy changes and even good execution won't get you out of the hole.

We need to play 4 quarters of sound football, and be the higher percentage beneficiary of calls and bounces to win against a powerful Texans squad.

You don't think Houston is going to just give up after this loss?

I see the Texans as the favorite and will probably win this game. They have a good defense and offense. Coming back home and the Texans needing to win for the division crown, I don't like our chances.

But this game will be important to get familiar with each other. I think the series will split with Houston winning this week and Colts winning week 17.

Well of course I do hope they fall apart a bit. ;)

However, I probably one of the most optimistic Colts fans around half the time and have been VERY confident we could win some games this year when many didn't.

However, this is a tough one this weekend. Houston has not played at home in a while, tonight was their third road game in a row. We got blown out there the last 2 times we went.

I do think we can beat them in Indy but I am quite unsure about this weekend.

However, I was never really thinking of winning the division this year. If the Texans had lost to the Lions/Jags then I would have said it was open. It didn't work out that way.

I would be more then happy to be a 10-6, 5th seed this year. If we beat Houston either time I consider it a huge bonus but this might be bad timing for us right now too.

I won't be upset if we lose Sunday but I do hope we keep it close with a shot to win and come out of the game relatively healthy no matter what the final score is.

And if we lose we have bounced back well after a loss this season so the Chiefs will be good timing. I don't consider that a trap game either btw. That will be another MUST win and the team will know this. I don't consider either Houston game a must win. There are house money games that if we win then great but if we lose no biggie to me this season.......

JMO

Or they will be mad as heck they let this happen to them and play like it on Sunday and give us their best game of the season. Once again they face questions about being a legit championship team and the Colts are the road block for them and the AFC South Title. I expect a Texans team at their best on Sunday and that could be very scary. The Colts will need to respond with their best game of the season if not this could go the way of going to New England, New York, or Chicago.

Well maybe I will feel better later in the week. I dunno, I don't think Houston is gonna be the powerhouse for the next several years some think though cause I feel the D is overrated vs. GOOD QBs. It might be too soon for Luck this year but we will find out before the season is over.....

Next year though, my expectations will be higher, sooner. I think we will have the better QB/HC combo in Indy sooner then many anticipated...... I am not a huge Kubiak/Schaub fan. Never was and never will be.

JMO of course

Or they will be mad as heck they let this happen to them and play like it on Sunday and give us their best game of the season. Once again they face questions about being a legit championship team and the Colts are the road block for them and the AFC South Title. I expect a Texans team at their best on Sunday and that could be very scary. The Colts will need to respond with their best game of the season if not this could go the way of going to New England, New York, or Chicago.

My hope is that if we lose Sunday that we make the game interesting enough and can see some positivity for the rematch. Division games can be tough to call.

Many will point to Seattle/Arizona but God people, we will not get beaten like that. I promise.

You can look at Texans/Jags, Pats/Bills, 49ers/Rams and various other division games to see that sometimes they are closer then expected. Heck look at Panthers/Falcons.

I am not saying we win, I just hope it's a game we don't fall behind in and that is over early with no hope.

My hope is that if we lose Sunday that we make the game interesting enough and can see some positivity for the rematch. Division games can be tough to call.

Many will point to Seattle/Arizona but God people, we will not get beaten like that. I promise.

You can look at Texans/Jags, Pats/Bills, 49ers/Rams and various other division games to see that sometimes they are closer then expected. Heck look at Panthers/Falcons.

I am not saying we win, I just hope it's a game we don't fall behind in and that is over early with no hope.

Look im a realistic person but the texans haven't proved anything they are like the falcons of the AFC, do you honestly believe the falcon can make a run to the SB this yr because I can name 4 teams in the NFC that can dominate the falcons. The texans had an easy schedule this yr with the exception of maybe 5 games Bal,Den,NE, GB, and Chi out of the 5 they got blown out twice, dominated Bal, faced a rusty Peyton who almost came back on them, and they knocked cutler out of the bears game. Until the texans take the div crown from a quality colts team 2011 is just an anomaly not a new standard in my mind... although im biased of course haha

I think the blowout loss will actually make things more difficult for the Colts this weekend. Houston will come out more determined after getting spanked on national TV, not to mention they will realize that if they let our Colts win this weekend that the Colts are then in control of the division for the final couple of weeks.

I think if we are going to have a chance in this one, it will come down to Andrew Luck (of course). Houston is going to put points up on our defense. We just need the defense to play well enough to keep us within striking distance in the 4th quarter. We also need Luck not to force throws. No pick 6s on the road this weekend. These were the reason the game wasn't close against the Pats on the road earlier in the year. If Andrew plays at his best, we have a chance to steal this game. But obviously that partly hinges on our porous O-line as well, all of whom are going to get abused by the Texans D-line much like the Detroit game. If Luck feels pressured, he needs to get out of the pocket and if no throw on the run is available, either run for some yards and slide down or run out of bounds without getting hit or throw it AWAY. No forcing the ball into tight spaces. Essentially, we must avoid turnovers.

If we can avoid turning the ball over, and are therefore close in the 4th quarter, I feel very good having the ball in Luck's hands with that special 4th quarter/game winning gear he has in him.

I just hope Arians watches this tape and nothing else all week. Then maybe he will realize that maybe we should dink and dunk a little bit instead of waiting 10 minutes for 30 yard passes to open up and getting our QB crushed every other play.

I bet he watches no tape at all this week. Just rolls the balls out at practice and tells the boys to have at it.

I think you're right. If we could have played them right after their game last night, I'd like our chances. Then again, they did rest a lot of heir players.

We need to play 4 quarters of sound football, and be the higher percentage beneficiary of calls and bounces to win against a powerful Texans squad.

I agree with you 100%, but it's something we've not done in any game this year and that's have 4 solid Qtrs of good football.

However if say you were a Texans fans and ooo I don't know only up a measly 2 TDs going into the 4th I might be a little worried :P (let me dislodge my tongue from my cheek)

My 2 cents about the Texans being "angry" and looking to take something out on someone goes like this. It really can go either way. While sometimes people get beat, they rally up and perform really well. Sometimes though, that rally can turn into too much "trying" and not playing how they know how because they are trying to "step up". You get what I mean? In an attempt to "get even", they play a little goofy. Does this make sense?

As far as the Patriots beating us. That game got away from us. The game was close until a couple oddball things happened and the points became too great to overcome against their offense. I dunno? I'm just rambling on..........

This is going to be interesting, more so than I would have thought. I had the colts at 8-9 wins which is more than most had.

But here they are at 9-4.

Texans have them outclassed, no doubt. But do the colts have Luck? <pun intended> :)