Photo

A new fear

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

#81 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8097 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

your a new Colts fan which means to me you'll eventually be a FORMER Colts fan...so no one really has time for what you have to say.

I have absolutely, positively no idea what that means..... but OK. Guess you won't be responding to any of my posts in the future... so, thanks, it's been nice while it lasted...

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#82 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Yeah, we discussed this earlier as well. I just disagree with all the noise about the schedule.

Depends on how you define "close contests." We're 8-1 in one score games, the one loss being the Jags game in Week 3. That one still hurts. We could have clinched this week if not for that loss.

Agreed on the first point. If we were to win out, no one would be talking about how soft our schedule is. The Texans have been a top two AFC team all season. I doubt we beat them this week, but crazier things have happened.

My preseason prediction, after three preseason games, was 6-10. I didn't expect us to win nine games and be in the running for a playoff berth. Anyone who did was shot down as being unrealistic and out of touch. I never felt that was fair; teams have gone from worst to first before (2008 Dolphins went from 1-15 to 11-5, with a rookie head coach and GM, and won the division; the 2008 Falcons went from 5-11 to 11-5, with a rookie QB, head coach and GM). But it was impossible to predict that we would have had the success we've had so far, in the manner we've done it, in the face of the adverse circumstances we've had to deal with. It truly is a special season.

I too believe in any given sunday.
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

#83 cmgww

cmgww
  • 1324 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

This is the NFL. I for one don't believe in "cupcake" schedules. It, as others have said, is about who you play and when you play them. The Pats were beaten by the CARDINALS early on...the same Cards team that got housed 58-0 by Seattle last weekend. Does anyone think for a second AZ would beat NE now?? Do we give the slumping Bears a much tougher game now? Atlanta just lost to Carolina. Houston got embarrassed by NE. Unless a team plays the Chiefs (or insert worst team in any season) every week, I don't think any NFL team has a "cupcake" schedule. Some tougher than others? Sure.
In it to win it since 1992....COLTS fan first, Manning fan 2nd

#84 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 918 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

OMG why be afraid of abad loss? Did you never play sports yourself? From personal experience, nothing motivated me more than a bad loss especially one where you're embarrassed. On a team full of rookies who have had great success this season I don't want them to go home for the off season thinking this NFL "it's not so hard, look what I did my first season". If we lose badly, they go home thinking "I'm never gonna let that happen to me again" that's how I felt after a bad loss....and then I worked twice as hard to be ready for the next time. Come on, Man.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Sep
    ruksak

Many years ago I had a friend named "Caw". It was sad to witness, but he went completely insane. Apparently he was convinced that crows were talking to him.

View All Updates