Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unbelievable stat about Luck's 18 INTs

chad72

Out of 18 Luck INTs, we have 3 pick sixes.

Out of the remaining 15, opponents have scored only 13 POINTS

Chew on it, big time!!!

THAT, is the reason we are 9-4, with our ability to switch gears and D not letting Luck pay for his turnovers much. THAT has kept us closer in games despite the turnovers thus giving our QB a chance to make plays at the end.

Alarming stat but just thought I'd point that out.

It also underlines why we need to build a TEAM this time and not build it around exclusively one player.

Chew on it, big time!!!

THAT, is the reason we are 9-4, with our ability to switch gears and D not letting Luck pay for his turnovers much. THAT has kept us closer in games despite the turnovers thus giving our QB a chance to make plays at the end.

It also underlines why we need to build a TEAM this time and not build it around exclusively one player.

One thing I have noticed with the INTs, they are in enemy territory most of the time. We aren't usually giving up good field position to the opponent.

Luck has the most INTs in the league and we still are 9-4. That is a big statement about the team.

One thing I have noticed with the INTs, they are in enemy territory most of the time. We aren't usually giving up good field position to the opponent.

Luck has the most INTs in the league and we still are 9-4. That is a big statement about the team.

I think Luck and Brees are tied with 18 ints. Hopefully Brees will beat him out!

Chew on it, big time!!!

Darn. That blows my conspiracy theory that Andrew is purposely putting us in a hole so he can come back and win the games at he end.

Additionally, half the INTs came in the three blowouts. So, it's a bit deceiving. It's sort of like a pitcher's ERA that is inflated by one bad game a month, but he's good in the rest of the games. In the end, if the pitcher is good in the other games, does it matter that the team lost that one game 10-1 vs. 2-1? Similarly, does it matter that the Colts were blown out in those games as opposed to losing them by a TD? Either way, they would probably be in the same position.

Truly amazing really... TO's usually equal points for the opponent. But,.. Indy's D has stepped up and plugged the hole in the darn several times.

Really a great job by this D to bail Luck out.

Yep. I have higher hopes for improvement from Manusky once Grigson gives him more pieces to work with.

Next year, we will play a lot of run heavy teams with the 49ers, Seahawks, Rams, and the Bills, Jets, Dolphins from the AFC East plus our divisional teams too. We will also play Peyton and Brady, who will test our pass D the most. Otherwise, primarily good run D will keep us in a lot of games next year.

Yep. I have higher hopes for improvement from Manusky once Grigson gives him more pieces to work with.

Next year, we will play a lot of run heavy teams with the 49ers, Seahawks, Rams, and the Bills, Jets, Dolphins from the AFC East plus our divisional teams too. We will also play Peyton and Brady, who will test our pass D the most. Otherwise, primarily good run D will keep us in a lot of games next year.

As excited as I am for this season currently... I must admit I am already thinking about this upcoming off season. Indy should be a big player in the FA market for the first time in a long while. I just hope Indy goes for starting caliber "fits" and avoids the "break the bank" types. Which I think they will.

Spend this money wisely and Indy's OL and D will be instantly improved going into next season.

The Off season and Draft will be great fun in a few months.

Too bad Miami won't be getting the top 5 pick they were hoping for. heehe.

off topic but reminded me of this LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDauaBHs81Y[/media]

That was hilarious. I don't know who had a harder time keeping a straight face through it, Romanoski, because you know he didn't believe what he was saying for a minute? Or Stephen A and the panel for even attempting to make a serious argument about it?

But you know, there will be some people who believe him. There always is. It's the Jim Jones complex.

No AFC East. We play the AFC West ( Peyton) & NFC West. And the 2 other teams they give us. One probably the patriots and some other team

No AFC East. We play the AFC West ( Peyton) & NFC West. And the 2 other teams they give us. One probably the patriots and some other team

They don't "give" you other teams. We will play the corresponding finishers from the AFC East and North. Most likely the Jets and Steelers (2nd place teams).

The Colts this year have given the ball away a total of 26 times. Out of which only 64 points have been scored.

44 from 18 INT and 20 from the 8 fumbles lost.

But of the 10 turnovers the Colts have forced they have scored 41 points.

Only giving up 23 points off of the -16 turnovers so far this year.

Probably better if he didn't throw them though. No Int's means no points against. I'm truely behind AL, but stop trying to justify his mistakes....

I don't think the OP was trying to justify Luck's mistakes at all. I think the stat about Luck's INTs only being turned into 13 points is huge. It certainly helps to explain how we are still winning despite the horrific turnover differential.

No more Pats vs Colts??? It's cause Peyton is gone isn't???

no that has nothing to do with it. However if we win the south we get colts pats.

You play one division from the other conference. One division in your conference your division and the two teams that finished in the same poistion you did in your division in your conference.

So next year we play the AFC west the NFC west and if we finish second in the south the second place teams from the afc north and east.

No more Pats vs Colts??? It's cause Peyton is gone isn't???

It's based off of div crown and since colts and pats always won their div titles they played each other it had nothing to do with peyton vs brady or colts vs pats tv ratings through i will say it made for great tv nearly every time they play each other.

Chew on it, big time!!!

That's a spin, isnt it?.......Giving up posessions (and field position) really cant be spun as a positive simply because the gift-receiving team didnt score immedately...

It doesnt mean they didnt score on subsequent posessions ..and it doesn't reflect the points we lost with the picks..right?

That's a spin, isnt it?.......Giving up posessions (and field position) really cant be spun as a positive simply because the gift-receiving team didnt score immedately...

It doesnt mean they didnt score on subsequent posessions ..and it doesn't reflect the points we lost with the picks..right?

It is definitely a combination of playing mediocre teams that could not capitalize on mistakes, us being able to close out games and those teams not being able to. It is not a spin, just giving credit to the D where it is due.

You have to stay in the game before you can win it, that is the bottom line. But if you make mistakes against playoff teams on the road, not many mercies will be granted, so it is not a fact that can be counted on, just the fact that it contributed to 9-4. :)

It is definitely a combination of playing mediocre teams that could not capitalize on mistakes, us being able to close out games and those teams not being able to. It is not a spin, just giving credit to the D where it is due.

You have to stay in the game before you can win it, that is the bottom line. But if you make mistakes against playoff teams on the road, not many mercies will be granted, so it is not a fact that can be counted on, just the fact that it contributed to 9-4. :)

agreed......we have only lost 4 times....the games dont get away from us...... :thmup:

Chew on it, big time!!!

I wasn't sure what the exact numbers were but just from watching games I knew opponents didn't score much off Lucks INTs. It's been bugging me that these experts will bring up all of Luck's come from behind wins but then someone would interject that it was Luck's INTs that lead to being behind.

How would you like to intercept one of his throws knowing there is a good chance he will chase you down, and slam your butt to the ground?

How would you like to intercept one of his throws knowing there is a good chance he will chase you down, and slam your butt to the ground?

Yeah, I would like to keep whatever is left of my knees.

There is a reason why I decided to stop playing football and watching him go after defenders is another reason I don't want to play in the NFL.