Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delone Carter's future..

kansascolt

If he can't hold onto the ball, he can't play. It makes no difference why the fumbles happen, he drops the ball way too much. I don't see a future for him with the Colts. I also don't think he provides anything substantially different than Brown or Ballard in short yardage, which is what he's basically stuck with now, so there is no reason to sign him again when the contract expires. It isn't like he is some dynamic talent which isn't easily replaced. I liked him at Syracuse, rooted for him to have success, but I simply haven't seen anything which makes me think he is not easily replaced. And fumbling frequently is a quick way to get replaced.

I like Delone, but this would be a nonissue even if it were his contract year. Way to premature to really even put thought into it. He has 2 more years to prove himself and I'm hoping to have a more stout offensive line after free agency, so that we can more accurately and fairly assess our stable of backs.

I think his future is pretty secure. There's no need for the team to invest in new rb's

Ha don't bet on it. Carter was a Polian pick. He'll be lucky to be here next year. Grigson will still be turning over the roster big time this off-season.

I've been pulling for this guy since he was drafted last year and have been wanting to see some more carries from him this year. With that said, after that fumble yesterday, do you think he still has a future with Indy or was that the final straw?

All fumbles are your fault.....He need good play in the final month to stay...

He runs hard but he'd be cut if the season ended today..