Photo

Delone Carter's future..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 kansascolt

kansascolt
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

I've been pulling for this guy since he was drafted last year and have been wanting to see some more carries from him this year. With that said, after that fumble yesterday, do you think he still has a future with Indy or was that the final straw?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 8431 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

well he did score a td so that might save him, but he needs to learn to tuck it close to the chest.

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

That fumble wasn't his fault.

The defender did a great job of punching it out, even with two hands on the ball.

I think we could keep him for cheap.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#4 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 804 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

He had it tucked defender made a good play.. Also he put on allot of weight he is huge. And i think he should stay he runs hard.

#5 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17932 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

I doubt they are worried about replacing Carter, He is not doing himself any favors but he is under contract until 2015 and he is our power back down at the goal line

#6 NorCalColt

NorCalColt
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

If he can't hold onto the ball, he can't play. It makes no difference why the fumbles happen, he drops the ball way too much. I don't see a future for him with the Colts. I also don't think he provides anything substantially different than Brown or Ballard in short yardage, which is what he's basically stuck with now, so there is no reason to sign him again when the contract expires. It isn't like he is some dynamic talent which isn't easily replaced. I liked him at Syracuse, rooted for him to have success, but I simply haven't seen anything which makes me think he is not easily replaced. And fumbling frequently is a quick way to get replaced.

#7 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

I like Delone, but this would be a nonissue even if it were his contract year. Way to premature to really even put thought into it. He has 2 more years to prove himself and I'm hoping to have a more stout offensive line after free agency, so that we can more accurately and fairly assess our stable of backs.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#8 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

I think his future is pretty secure. There's no need for the team to invest in new rb's

#9 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17932 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

http://www.spotrac.c...anapolis-colts/ Team by team, player by player contracts. (Not all but most contracts are included

#10 BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792
  • 1094 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I think his future is pretty secure. There's no need for the team to invest in new rb's

Completely agree.. I REALLY like the trio of Brown, Ballard, and Carter. I just wish Arians would give them more opportunities to allow them to get in a rhythm along with the O-line.

#11 Indyboy757

Indyboy757
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

We need more of a two headed monster in the run game I say we keep him but bring in a RB in FA and Carter gets cut before the season Brown won't be resigned that's why I say we bring someone in from FA

#12 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 16798 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

We need more of a two headed monster in the run game I say we keep him but bring in a RB in FA and Carter gets cut before the season Brown won't be resigned that's why I say we bring someone in from FA

Brown is still under contract in 2013.
LET'S HUNT

#13 unitaswestand

unitaswestand
  • 1202 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

It is unfortunate that Carter has the fumble problems. Because I absolutely LOVE his running style. He is a north-south runner that almost always picks up yards. And he has far more speed than he is given credit for. He is like a poor mans Michael Turner less the fumbles.

#14 OJl

OJl
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Ha don't bet on it. Carter was a Polian pick. He'll be lucky to be here next year. Grigson will still be turning over the roster big time this off-season.

#15 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17139 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I've been pulling for this guy since he was drafted last year and have been wanting to see some more carries from him this year. With that said, after that fumble yesterday, do you think he still has a future with Indy or was that the final straw?

All fumbles are your fault.....He need good play in the final month to stay...

He runs hard but he'd be cut if the season ended today..

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

I'm out of the hospital, FINALLY...this was the 4th time in the past 2 months..for status, please read my soon to be posted update in the Fantasy Football forum here...and thanks everyone, for the love, caring, thoughts and prayers...

Show comments (9)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Skelly

I thought I'd stop in to say I have nothing to say. Enjoy your day or night.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Jules

I really want to see "Gone Girl". I read the book a while ago and it was excellent. The movie does not look too bad but I am sure it is a bit different then the book.

Show comments (12)
View All Updates