Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Caldwell New OC in Baltimore (merge)

PrincetonTiger

I like Jim Caldwell..I wish him well..

But I hope he has no effect on anything until after Sunday's game with Denver

Since the change is made in December, in all likelihood, Caldwell just isolates a few plays to attack the weaknesses of the other teams instead of Cam Cameron going strength against strength. The playbook probably is the same. The question is, quick improvization to call the right plays in game situations. That part, I am not so sure of. :)

According to ESPN The Ravens have fired Cam Cameron and replaced him with former Colt HC Jim Caldwell

"It's not about fair or unfair, right or wrong," Harbaugh said.

It's about production. The Ravens never decided what they wanted to do as an offense. They would feed running back Ray Rice like crazy some weeks, then go away from him too much. Joe Flacco's development, like the offense, has been uneven. The quarterback has expressed frustration with not going to the no-huddle offense enough, too.

(((( somethig Caldwell will allow see second half of this comment , thats is story # 2 of 3 )))))))

Pieces of the Ravens' offense are talented: Rice, Flacco, wide receivers Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin, two young tight ends and a solid offensive line. The consistency never came.

This is a move we expected in the offseason. Harbaugh is putting himself out front and taking a big risk by making the move in December

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000108775/article/john-harbaugh-takes-big-risk-by-firing-cam-cameron

from Ravens Web site this was a preseason article

The Ravens’ hurry-up, no-huddle offense is the rage

the hurry-up has been influenced by Quarterbacks Coach Jim Caldwell.

Caldwell, quarterback Peyton Manning and the Colts often used the hurry-up offense in Indianapolis.

“Jim’s brought some nuances,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “He’s brought a tempo or two we didn’t have before, just some methodology, I think, to it that he’s really added.”

Harbaugh said quarterback Joe Flacco has really advanced in his ability to read a team’s defense. Now he can walk up to the line a lot of times with only a few play options, and can make the choice based on what he sees.

Harbaugh said the offensive change is “very much quarterback driven.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Notebook-Jim-Caldwell-Impacting-Hurry-Up-Offense/d2c9daee-2504-4c2d-b5a7-4338d9a8258c

VIDEO

Why was Cam Cameron fired now?0

Published: Dec. 10, 2012 at 04:25 p.m. | 0 Views

01:17 – Michael Lombardi explains why the Baltimore Ravens decided to fire offensive coordinator Cam Cameron at this point in the season.

(( He likes the move just doesnt know if will work at this time of the season )))

http://www.nfl.com/v...meron-fired-now

snapback.pngbayone, on 10 December 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

see previous 2 posts, I also made one after prince tiger did his first, no biggie, we all do in our rush at times esp on someone so " dear " to us all , Right ! ! !

http://forums.colts....c-in-baltimore/

http://forums.colts....nt/#entry356297

i didn't think it would be in the colts section sorry

First off its not a problem, as said I posted it too after the not realizing it was already by Princeton tiger

often I find posts are replicated as we all think of them with a different headline in mind and when dont see something similar thats how I usuially duplicate ones already posted

strange thing in 2 posts I asked moderator to merge them, usually they do fast by themselves , now that i asked they didnt, guess have so much to do today, hey its day after football so probably n=much to read and will get around to it when can, they do a pretty good job , know i couldnt do as well

=====================================

& all are in NFL general so dont know where u got Colts section friom

anyway i am shutting this computer sop have a good night

We need to play Baltimore.

Pagano returning to Baltimore can happen. And Caldwell is coaching the Ravens offense.

You can't make this stuff up......

don't forget Cory and Zbi

If not this year at years end the entire thing can be described sooner rather than later as the movie name REVERSAL OF FORTUNE

• 1 month later...
Putting Jim Caldwell in charge of an NFL offense is like solving pollution and ozone, environmental depletion levels by chopping down all the trees in our country's natural forests...Not a wise move IMO...

timber.gif

timber-1.jpg

Okay, SW1 must eat some serious crow now or should I say bark...Yes, Jim Caldwell I was grossly mistaken about your ability to effectively lead an offense. You deserve a great deal of credit for helping the Ravens advance to the SB. Nice work Jim. Does bark taste better raw or cooked? I guess I will find out.  :sigh:

Okay, SW1 must eat some serious crow now or should I say bark...Yes, Jim Caldwell I was grossly mistaken about your ability to effectively lead an offense. You deserve a great deal of credit for helping the Ravens advance to the SB. Nice work Jim. Does bark taste better raw or cooked? I guess I will find out.  :sigh:

Eating crow is good for the soul! I always told you we could eat crow together haha.

I didn't think this would work out either and yeah I WANTED the Ravens in the WC round, Sheesh. But, I got over my head at times with our suprising Colts this year but I can't help it! They are so darn loveable!!!!!!

Good job Caldwell, good luck in the Super Bowl again.

Eating crow is good for the soul! I always told you we could eat crow together haha.

I didn't think this would work out either and yeah I WANTED the Ravens in the WC round, Sheesh. But, I got over my head at times with our suprising Colts this year but I can't help it! They are so darn loveable!!!!!!

Good job Caldwell, good luck in the Super Bowl again.

Hey, if chicken soup is good for the soul, bark & crow must have a ton of vitamins & protein in them right? We will both be strong & healthy for a very long time then. The way my predictions are going this year...Just ask me for my pick & do the exact opposite of what I say & all my friends will emerge victorious.  :goodluck:  :funny:  :lol:

I'd eat crow with you anytime Jules...Anytime...Well Jim Caldwell, we will see if the 2nd time is the charm in the SB eh? Good luck.

Lol, Good sport.

I remember, we've had this discussion on Caldwell before. Didn't think he was good or even serviceable here as an HC, but I always contended that his record here as HC would have no barring on his abilities as a play caller. It's a shame. If he wasn't just handed the job by Dungy right off the bat, and actually worked his way up the ranks, he might've rounded into a good head coach. He appears to be settling in as an OC now in Baltimore. Good look to you JC. I'm pulling for you and Ray Ray to take it home  :lombardi:

Jim Caldwell's play calling was here and there prior to last night. And through the first half, and the first possession of the second half, he was insanely predictable and was hurting the offense's ability to sustain drives. It was downright awful.

Then, for whatever reason, he just seemed to get it. He did something he struggled to do in his last two years here: made adjustments. The Ravens started picking up the tempo, he started calling pass plays on first down (and every down, really), loosened the reins, and put the offense on Flacco's shoulders. Better yet, Flacco responded. Whatever Flacco and Caldwell had working from that point forward was almost brilliant.

Three possessions, 24 plays, 197 yards, 21 points. Completely took control of the game, and took all the air out of the Patriots' sails.

A demerit for the second to last possession, where they threw the ball with a two score lead, instead of running clock.

But this is the step that I think he was missing before. When you're a coordinator, you're more in tune with the flow of the game, you think more about the situational impact of the decisions you're making, you are directly influencing what the offense is doing. This is something Caldwell had never done in the NFL, and it showed with poor game management and slow adjustments on both sides of the ball. Going from position coach to head coach is a much bigger jump than going from coordinator to head coach.

If he had another good year as coordinator next season, his name will be back in consideration for head coaching jobs going into 2014. And he might be better at it, due to his experience as a play caller. Good for him. I'm glad to see him making the most of his opportunity.

Lol, Good sport.

I remember, we've had this discussion on Caldwell before. Didn't think he was good or even serviceable here as an HC, but I always contended that his record here as HC would have no barring on his abilities as a play caller. It's a shame. If he wasn't just handed the job by Dungy right off the bat, and actually worked his way up the ranks, he might've rounded into a good head coach. He appears to be settling in as an OC now in Baltimore. Good look to you JC. I'm pulling for you and Ray Ray to take it home  :lombardi:

Props to JC. He's come farther than Id ever have imagined.

He's been calling some good games.

Yes, I was wrong & I can admit when I was way off base. I didn't miss the boat on Jim Caldwell; I missed the entire harbor. Don't ask me to drive the boat while someone else water skis behind me.  :funny: 

JC has been doing a superb job as OC lately. HBA & IndyTrav are exactly right.  :thmup:

http://youtu.be/NxWYb3uDzb0