Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your thoughts on Darius Butler

Dark Superman

Do you think he makes the team next year? I don't see many Colts games being from PA and all.. So I'm wondering. What you all think since most of you guys gets to see him either live or on TV week in and week out..

Depends on free agency and such. We aren't oozing with CB talent. He seems a little more consistent to me than Vaughan, but teams are passing all over us. Davis seems like the only CB guaranteed to be in Indy next year.

Powers is terrible. And he has ended 2 straight seasons on IR. I don't see him coming back. Davis stays. I think Grigs will get an opposite starter via FA...we should keep Butler. He may not be the greatest coverage CB around, but he is a playmaker. I like him in the nickle.

I still don't think Vontae was worth a 2nd rounder, but I'm hoping a full offseason with the Colts will help him. He has the talent, but talent doesn't always translate into performance.

Powers will be gone as he just doesn't fit our scheme. Butler has potential in the scheme and Vaughn should stick around as depth but he is scary to watch. We will have to fun a player to replace Freeney next season as we need more pressure on the qb and someone who can set an edge so the lb's can get their sacks/fumbles. Better penetration up front as well as a NT that stands ground in the middle should help all our cb's.

2012/13 season ends.....the evaluation process begins. Players are given grades and expectations as to how to prepare themselves to get better. (This includes how to act on and off of the field :thmup: )

Butler needs to continue to work hard and get better each week....starting at Tuesday's practice (I would be in the weight room today)

Next year's draft and free agency will kick into high gear with the combine and all of the scouting.....then as they say.....We will cut it from 90-53....may the best players at each position win, and take us on another great ride like this year. The Butler can do it....but will he do all it takes to get better? I will root him on with all of the other FAs, draftees, and UFA's. GO :colts: :colts: :colts::coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo: !!!!!!

Freeney will be gone for sure. heck I don't think we need him now. There are so many great pass rushers in the 2013 draft, we should be able to find one. Josh Chapman will be our starting NT next year, and he will be fine. He's an upgrade over Mookie.

That may be true, but you can really see the havoc that Freeney brings to an offensive line. Even though his numbers don't show it, he is really helping this defense. He is also playing hurt. His ankle has never been able to heel because he keeps playing on it. The guy is giving it up for the team! Love Freeney!

Again, Josh Wilson and Ladarius Webb were not household names when Pagano got his hands on them. He took the Ravens' secondary to another level that the Pats would rather run against Ngata and company as opposed to pass against them, that is what it came down to in last year's AFCCG.

Pagano's coaches have improved the secondary's level of talent everywhere they have gone, from the Browns to the Ravens. If you give them a B level talent, they will make it B+ or A- and if you give them a A level talent, they will make it A+ if the players are all willing to listen and do the work.

So, I am not a bit surprised at the secondary showing more and more signs of improvement. Once Grigson gives Pagano and his coaches more to work with, watch out!!! :)

I like Butler. Nickel back seems to be his best role in this defense. He also does okay as a #2 corner when he has to assume that role, but tends to get beat on double moves just like when he was in New England. I think he'll be here next year.

I think he will be back. We are still going to bring in more help at cb, but Butler isn't costing alot in salary, and has played his best football as a Colt. Don't see any reason not to bring him back. Hopefully he keeps getting better each week, as he seems to be a good fit in this scheme.

Do you think he makes the team next year? I don't see many Colts games being from PA and all.. So I'm wondering. What you all think since most of you guys gets to see him either live or on TV week in and week out..

My guess is that Grigson will let Powers walk in the off-season since he's probably not worth the big money contract. Butler could be the second or third CB depending on who else is brought in.