Photo

Your thoughts on Darius Butler

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2639 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Do you think he makes the team next year? I don't see many Colts games being from PA and all.. So I'm wondering. What you all think since most of you guys gets to see him either live or on TV week in and week out..
"In Grigson We Trust!"

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 corgi

corgi
  • 2428 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Do you think he makes the team next year? I don't see many Colts games being from PA and all.. So I'm wondering. What you all think since most of you guys gets to see him either live or on TV week in and week out..

Depends on free agency and such. We aren't oozing with CB talent. He seems a little more consistent to me than Vaughan, but teams are passing all over us. Davis seems like the only CB guaranteed to be in Indy next year.

#3 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15097 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Depends on they bring in and if Powers leaves

He has a shot
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#4 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4346 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

He's better than Vaughn and I think he stays.

We'll get another CB for the right side, and Butler can be used in the slot/nickel.

We'll need a few good ones since it seems like someone is always hurt.

#5 Mouthfire

Mouthfire
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Butler is staying, I think. At the very least, he's serviceable. He has the potential to be a good corner for us... and I don't think we're breaking the bank to keep him.

I still think we're drafting another CB in the next draft, though.

#6 reyrey1332

reyrey1332
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Powers is terrible. And he has ended 2 straight seasons on IR. I don't see him coming back. Davis stays. I think Grigs will get an opposite starter via FA...we should keep Butler. He may not be the greatest coverage CB around, but he is a playmaker. I like him in the nickle.

I still don't think Vontae was worth a 2nd rounder, but I'm hoping a full offseason with the Colts will help him. He has the talent, but talent doesn't always translate into performance.

#7 jwilli69

jwilli69
  • 838 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Powers will be gone as he just doesn't fit our scheme. Butler has potential in the scheme and Vaughn should stick around as depth but he is scary to watch. We will have to fun a player to replace Freeney next season as we need more pressure on the qb and someone who can set an edge so the lb's can get their sacks/fumbles. Better penetration up front as well as a NT that stands ground in the middle should help all our cb's.
John Williams

#8 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15097 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Butler should be kept

PrincetonTiger77

#9 reyrey1332

reyrey1332
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Freeney will be gone for sure. heck I don't think we need him now. There are so many great pass rushers in the 2013 draft, we should be able to find one. Josh Chapman will be our starting NT next year, and he will be fine. He's an upgrade over Mookie.

#10 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2564 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

He already made 3 picks. I think he deserves a shot, but who knows what Grigs thinks or sees?

He keeps getting better, and Grigs wouldn't hesitate if he would underperform...

COLTSTRONG

#11 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12211 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

2012/13 season ends.....the evaluation process begins. Players are given grades and expectations as to how to prepare themselves to get better. (This includes how to act on and off of the field :thmup: )

Butler needs to continue to work hard and get better each week....starting at Tuesday's practice (I would be in the weight room today)

Next year's draft and free agency will kick into high gear with the combine and all of the scouting.....then as they say.....We will cut it from 90-53....may the best players at each position win, and take us on another great ride like this year. The Butler can do it....but will he do all it takes to get better? I will root him on with all of the other FAs, draftees, and UFA's. GO :colts: :colts: :colts: :coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo: !!!!!!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#12 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15097 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

He already made 3 picks. I think he deserves a shot, but who knows what Grigs thinks or sees?

He keeps getting better, and Grigs wouldn't hesitate if he would underperform...

very true

PrincetonTiger77

#13 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3441 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Butler will be on the team next year, he is good, ever since he's been starting, we have been way better in the turnover department.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#14 18 to 44

18 to 44
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Freeney will be gone for sure. heck I don't think we need him now. There are so many great pass rushers in the 2013 draft, we should be able to find one. Josh Chapman will be our starting NT next year, and he will be fine. He's an upgrade over Mookie.

That may be true, but you can really see the havoc that Freeney brings to an offensive line. Even though his numbers don't show it, he is really helping this defense. He is also playing hurt. His ankle has never been able to heel because he keeps playing on it. The guy is giving it up for the team! Love Freeney!

#15 chad72

chad72
  • 9125 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Again, Josh Wilson and Ladarius Webb were not household names when Pagano got his hands on them. He took the Ravens' secondary to another level that the Pats would rather run against Ngata and company as opposed to pass against them, that is what it came down to in last year's AFCCG.

Pagano's coaches have improved the secondary's level of talent everywhere they have gone, from the Browns to the Ravens. If you give them a B level talent, they will make it B+ or A- and if you give them a A level talent, they will make it A+ if the players are all willing to listen and do the work.

So, I am not a bit surprised at the secondary showing more and more signs of improvement. Once Grigson gives Pagano and his coaches more to work with, watch out!!! :)

#16 krunk

krunk
  • 3362 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

I like Butler. Nickel back seems to be his best role in this defense. He also does okay as a #2 corner when he has to assume that role, but tends to get beat on double moves just like when he was in New England. I think he'll be here next year.

#17 TheJACKCOLT

TheJACKCOLT
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I think he will be back. We are still going to bring in more help at cb, but Butler isn't costing alot in salary, and has played his best football as a Colt. Don't see any reason not to bring him back. Hopefully he keeps getting better each week, as he seems to be a good fit in this scheme.

#18 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Why is he not playing outside

#19 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Butler is decent. He stays IMO.
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

#20 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 2945 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

butler should be starting over vaughn he's more consistent.

#21 Thewholefnshow28

Thewholefnshow28
  • 2171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

If Butler is on this roster then we probably did not do enough to address the huge gaping holes we have in the corner position.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." - Mark Twain

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back." - Oscar Wilde

#22 OJl

OJl
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

My guess is that Grigson will let Powers walk in the off-season since he's probably not worth the big money contract. Butler could be the second or third CB depending on who else is brought in.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates