Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pass defense still worries me.....

needanoline63

Every part of the defense is worrysome, but they are getting it done the best they can ;}

I'm with you, there is not one area on this team I'm not concerned with starting with a rookie QB, a garbage oline, a suspect defense (especially first half) a special teams group, coaching and game plans and a team rookie wall. Saying this, they have exceeded my expectation by 2 games already and there are 3 left to play so a rookie team overall is doing above what I hoped for and making mistakes I figured to see but having losses to attach to them. They are winning games they should not much like 1995. Excitement and pain all at once but newly formed teams like this, you expect struggles. Luck did not inherent a good team like some other QB's over time.

I think the Titans really surprised us with their 'drive' in the first half. They have not played well at all, and they came loaded for 'Colt.' Let this be a reminder to the team that any team any week can beat you especially if it is a staunch division rival.

I am sure Bruce Arians said some strong words at halftime that made the team 'kick it up a notch' in every phase of the game.

Second half score 20-3. Secondary was up in more press coverage (thus nice plays by Vaughn (run) Davis (run) and Butler (pass) not to mention INTs. The OL was better with Link at right tackle (should have started at left guard) and Shipley at center. (Yes I know Luck and Shipley had 2 or 3 poor exchanges). We also executed in Special Teams with fantastic punting by McAfee, return to form kicking by AV, and a good return by Lucky 13 TY Hilton!!!

If Davis can stay healthy....and we can get remotely healthy team-wise.....these next few weeks and the first week of the playoffs could be fun. Colts fans....sit back and enjoy the ride!!!! We are not 2-14. We are 9-4. We also have next year's draft and plenty of dinero to spend.....The future is soooooo bright....gotta wear shades!!!!! :cool: :whatever: :lecture::bossy: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep rolling Colts-Chuck Stong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pass: :coltslogo::colts::coltsfb:

Edited by BrentMc11

I think we have some problem with pass defense, but have more problems with being consistent in a game... Colts looked like only pads, helmets and suits had been there...but in the second half we completely shut down Titans. If we are heading to PO, we can't afford such "holiday".

60 minutes........not 30. Have to come ready to kick ___!!! Every down!!!!!! :rawr::argh::HFire::burnout:

Freeney had an assist on a tackle, Woot Woot!

About playing 5 yards off- I think it is a standard to play 7 yards off LEAGUE WIDE. I think I see someone doing that on most every play, every game, all season long.

Yes of course having a CB with very good press coverage skill is Wonderfull. Even that player NEEDS a PASS RUSH!

Thank you Vontae for our 1 sack.

Wasn`t Tennessee playing with a Mash Unit O-Line?

We will find out against Houston if our run D is becoming Solid. I know they are a scrappy bunch that is playing with Great Effort.

I think the Titans really surprised us with their 'drive' in the first half. They have not played well at all, and they came loaded for 'Colt.' Let this be a reminder to the team that any team any week can beat you especially if it is a staunch division rival.

I am sure Bruce Arians said some strong words at halftime that made the team 'kick it up a notch' in every phase of the game.

Second half score 20-3. Secondary was up in more press coverage (thus nice plays by Vaughn (run) Davis (run) and Butler (pass) not to mention INTs. The OL was better with Link at right tackle (should have started at left guard) and Shipley at center. (Yes I know Luck and Shipley had 2 or 3 poor exchanges). We also executed in Special Teams with fantastic punting by McAfee, return to form kicking by AV, and a good return by Lucky 13 TY Hilton!!!

If Davis can stay healthy....and we can get remotely healthy team-wise.....these next few weeks and the first week of the playoffs could be fun. Colts fans....sit back and enjoy the ride!!!! We are not 2-14. We are 9-4. We also have next year's draft and plenty of dinero to spend.....The future is soooooo bright....gotta wear shades!!!!! :cool: :whatever: :lecture::bossy: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep rolling Colts-Chuck Stong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pass: :coltslogo::colts::coltsfb:

Your right Brother,in comes Ship and running game resurected!Ballard is a :rawr: with some blocking and some actual holes to run thru.Are we the only ones who see this Brother?Pass protection was better but still not good enough,and it was deffinately great to see our secondary come out in second half and get some teeth to the bite!

Yesterday the defense was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde....and Cassius Vaughan drove me nuts in the first half and then helped turn the game for us in the second.

For now.....if the defense can keep us within 7-10 points with 5 minutes left....we not only CAN win the game, we're getting pretty darn good at it. It's a dangerous way to scratch out wins, and high octane playoff teams will not take their foot off the gas when they play us....but for a young 9-4 team still in need of 3-4 upgrades on defense....I'll take it.

Your right Brother,in comes Ship and running game resurected!Ballard is a :rawr: with some blocking and some actual holes to run thru.Are we the only ones who see this Brother?Pass protection was better but still not good enough,and it was deffinately great to see our secondary come out in second half and get some teeth to the bite!

Have wondered why the coaching staff doesn't seem to agree about Ship seems as whenever he comes in the run game improves.

We all should still be very worried about our pass defense.

Although they played well in the 2nd half and, from what I saw, were a lot better when they had their eyes on the football.

Too many mental mistakes by our CBs have cost us precious INTs. But if you look at each INT we have, all the players have their eyes on the football.

Once our secondary starts looking at the football instead of the receiver, we will finally have some turnovers.

Have wondered why the coaching staff doesn't seem to agree about Ship seems as whenever he comes in the run game improves.

Im out of likes,but im glad more and more people are taking notice.I personally dont care about what money they make,or ego"s for that matter.The best players should be on the field

Secondary had a good game against the run today, tackled good, but all those tackles aren't really a good thing, its mainly because our corners most of the time played like 5 yards off the receiver. We can't keep doing that!

LOL only the secondary worries you? You're a glass half full guy! This team is one giant hole with a ton of little holes everywhere!