Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

needanoline63

Two players that need more playing time.....

32 posts in this topic

For those of you who watched the game, I don't think I need to really explain myself when I say that AQ Shipley and Pat Angerer need to be playing more. Angerer made 2 or 3 really nice plays against the titan, what I liked the most was seeing him chase down Chris Johnson before he broke off for a long run, he moved pretty good for a guy who still has pain in his injured foot. I'm hoping the colts hang on to angerer, his read and recognition skills are real good. As for Shipley, I like this guy, I think he can be our next Jeff Saturday or even a guard, anyone but reitz and Olsen in there at guard. what are your thoughts on these 2 players?

Lawerence guy is another player who I think has potential

Word is angerer is still hurt and just gutting it out for the team so that's probably why his snap count is down. Honestly I love our four guy mix at MLB they all have things they do will and fill a role

I'd like to see more of Shipley, but we seemed to improve with him in there. I'm all for Angerer to get more snaps when he's healthy, but Connor played pretty well yesterday.

It is possible Shipley could be better than Samson. Cough, cough. At least in the run game.

In this D, I believe opposing O-Co-ordinators Salivate at exposing Angerer downfield in their passing game.

Shipley is clearly better at blocking that Satele. That said, my Grandma probably runs faster than he does, so don't expect him to be on time for his blocks down field on.

Albeit one time, I thought McGlynn did well when he played center as well.

Shipley played better than Satele, at least in the running game which was vital for the win.

Angerer would get more snaps but I think he is injured and is still wanting to go out and play. Which is phenomenal toughness and determination to win. Which I really like to rotation of Angerer, Connor, and Freeman.

Also Hughes should get more playing time.

anyone but Reitz?

are you watching the games? when he and castonzo are playing the left side is the least of our worries.. is satelle, Mcglynn who sucks...Justice is kinda inconsistent sometimes he plays great and others he just gets beat

For those of you who watched the game, I don't think I need to really explain myself when I say that AQ Shipley and Pat Angerer need to be playing more. Angerer made 2 or 3 really nice plays against the titan, what I liked the most was seeing him chase down Chris Johnson before he broke off for a long run, he moved pretty good for a guy who still has pain in his injured foot. I'm hoping the colts hang on to angerer, his read and recognition skills are real good. As for Shipley, I like this guy, I think he can be our next Jeff Saturday or even a guard, anyone but reitz and Olsen in there at guard. what are your thoughts on these 2 players?

I think you are correct on Angerer....not so much on Shipley.

..and like P-Tiger says...who would you sit for Pat A.?

..everybody's contributing

I think because we rallied in the second half there is a thought our O-line played noticeably better,..after halftime

Watching the game a second time, I did not notice that

I think you are correct on Angerer....not so much on Shipley.

..and like P-Tiger says...who would you sit for Pat A.?

..everybody's contributing

You kidding me Mark? Shipley has outplayed Samson by a large margin every time he has stepped in. Everytime I have noticed a run making it to the second level he is one of if not the first lineman to make a secondary block.

I agree Shipley has outplayed Satele every time he has stepped on the field.Shipley hustles his butt off and finds somebody to hit on every play. As for Pat A. would like to see him get more comfortable, but can't complain about how Conner has played at all. Conner mkes alot of plays at, or behind the line of scrimmage, Pat A. is probably better in coverage, but Conner is better against the run.

I saw Lawrence Guy make some nice plays yesterday

2 people like this

It is possible Shipley could be better than Samson. Cough, cough. At least in the run game.

In this D, I believe opposing O-Co-ordinators Salivate at exposing Angerer downfield in their passing game.

our putting their#1 receiver on Cassius Vaughn

our putting their#1 receiver on Cassius Vaughn
1 person likes this

Besides, how great to commentary...."He catches it.....and that "Guy" hit him immediately.

We dont need Angerer anymore...why does he keep on getting brought up??? Conner, Fokou, Freeman all much much better than Angerer

Angerer will have to have surgery again in the off season. There is still a major issue with his foot that is causing severe pain.

I still dont understand why Shipley doesnt get more love....he won the Remington Award his last year at Penn St....that mean he was the best center in the country lol, so needless to say I'd like to see him more....I'd like to see Coby Fleener much more and I'd like to see Guy more because he has the tangibles to be really good.

Besides, how great to commentary...."He catches it.....and that "Guy" hit him immediately.

yes, not giving up YAC is a good thing, or would you rather they run wild after the catch, an as for your next brilliant comment(I would rather he not catch it at all) it doesn.t happen that way in big boy football. So feakin predictable.

I heard luck say on mike and mike that he looks to Wayne and Satelle for leadership. Shipley is a rookie. That is why Samson gets more playing time.

anyone but Reitz?

are you watching the games? when he and castonzo are playing the left side is the least of our worries.. is satelle, Mcglynn who sucks...Justice is kinda inconsistent sometimes he plays great and others he just gets beat

Justice is one of those guys if he's your fourth or fifth best o-lineman you are fine however for us he's our second best or third best depending on who is healthy that week.

I heard luck say on mike and mike that he looks to Wayne and Satelle for leadership. Shipley is a rookie. That is why Samson gets more playing time.

That and if you watch the snaps out of shotgun with Shipley they are low. Again that might sound like nitpicking but when you are talking about your center and your QB spends a good amount of time in shotgun it does matter.

You kidding me Mark? Shipley has outplayed Samson by a large margin every time he has stepped in. Everytime I have noticed a run making it to the second level he is one of if not the first lineman to make a secondary block.

Kenny.....I know you record the game so please watch the second half again.....an tell me if you still think so...

hash tag" Pass protection

I still dont understand why Shipley doesnt get more love....he won the Remington Award his last year at Penn St....that mean he was the best center in the country lol, so needless to say I'd like to see him more....I'd like to see Coby Fleener much more and I'd like to see Guy more because he has the tangibles to be really good.

everybody loves the guy who is on the bench....because that guy cant blow any blocks...

..and I'd be grateful if you never mention Penn State on this board again.... :thmsup:

everybody loves the guy who is on the bench....because that guy cant blow any blocks...

..and I'd be grateful if you never mention Penn State on this board again.... :thmsup:

Myeh...he's played enough to prove himself

Angerer, I believe, is still our best linebacker when healthy. In this defense, it is setup so that Freeman/Angerer will get the most tackles Whoever is playing the position. Angerer is hurt right now, so not playing well. But when he is healthy, he is a sideline to sideline tackling machine and very intense. Not sure why his coverage is criticized because he has very good speed. He reminds me of Zack Thomas, formerly of the Dolphins.

Shipley, I believe, is the better center. More consistent, mean streak, and seems to be smart with his technique. Maybe our new Jeff Saturday?

Kenny.....I know you record the game so please watch the second half again.....an tell me if you still think so...

hash tag" Pass protection

Actually don't, have to watch streams honestly.Has he had some wiffs? Sure what linmen doesn't? But the obvious jump from "Where is our oline?" to "Oh theres the o line" was brought up after he n linkenbach came in. He isn't a world beater, but he is definitely a starter in this league.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought he was beastin' on Sunday. Stuffed the run on several occasions. Looked better than Moala had been all year imo.

As for Shipley.....YES. The guy should be starting over Satele. I disagree on Reitz...he wouldn't be confused for a Pro Bowler, but he's probably our best guard. We need him back. The tandem of Conner/Freeman on run downs and Angerer/Fokou on pass downs looks pretty solid to me.

Thinking about it......Right now I think our O Line should be (considering who is injured and whos healthy) IF Justice cant go

LT-Castonzo

LG-Reitz

C-Shipley

RG-Linkenbach(I dont wish Andrew dead so Im not putting Link at RT)

RT-Mcglynn(Has RT experience)