Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This just doesn't happen

ColtStrong

The only stats and records I care about are in the win/loss column...Luck may throw some picks here and there, but He always seems to find a way to pull it out in the end. I am PROUD to be a Colts Fan :)

Amen to that! Wins and losses are ALL that matters (See signature line). We have a team full of grit and heart. It hasn't always been pretty this season; in fact, more often than not it hasn't been. But I am just proud to be a Colts fan. Now let's get ready to smash the Texans!

I see threads on how the colts are winning. You know what? I'm just glad the're winning. I don't care if it's smoke and mirrors. The colts have WAY exceeded my expectations. It's all GRAVY now.

We have to make the playoffs....that's what its all about...

We are very very close to accomplishing something....

but if we lose the next 3..we have accomplished nothing..

Except for setting rookie records, completely turning around the franchise, and showing the future is really bright.

Oh, I guess I don't agree...

We are about as close to a lock for the playoffs that you can possibly be without actually clinching. Even if we lose the next 3(which is highly unlikely since we still play the Chiefs) they could still make the playoffs. There is no way Pittsburgh, Cincy, and the Jets are going to win out so it's actually harder for the Colts to not make the playoffs than it is for them to make the playoffs.

Except for setting rookie records, completely turning around the franchise, and showing the future is really bright.

Oh, I guess I don't agree...

No..Monroe.....

Records mean nothing.....we hope the future is bright...but nothing is guaranteed

But we're 9-4 now.........we're about in the post-season now...

I dont want 'feel good'' and I promise you you wont feel good if we lose these last 3...

The NFL is all about the post-season....always has been

We are about as close to a lock for the playoffs that you can possibly be without actually clinching. Even if we lose the next 3(which is highly unlikely since we still play the Chiefs) they could still make the playoffs. There is no way Pittsburgh, Cincy, and the Jets are going to win out so it's actually harder for the Colts to not make the playoffs than it is for them to make the playoffs.

All true..but, as I know you know, we're playing Houston twice and we play KC on the road....

We lose a 3-way tiebreaker with Cincy and the Jets.

lets not eat the cake before we bake it

All true..but, as I know you know, we're playing Houston twice and we play KC on the road....

We lose a 3-way tiebreaker with Cincy and the Jets.

lets not eat the cake before we bake it

I agree, but if we can't beat the Chiefs even in their house, we do not deserve to go to the playoffs. Yes, any given Sunday, I know, but the Chiefs are truly awful.

No..Monroe.....

Records mean nothing.....we hope the future is bright...but nothing is guaranteed

But we're 9-4 now.........we're about in the post-season now...

I dont want 'feel good'' and I promise you you wont feel good if we lose these last 3...

The NFL is all about the post-season....always has been

Respectfully disagree. You said unless we make the playoffs we accomplished nothing. I think we've already accomplished more than anyone could realistically could have expected. Playoffs or not, I'm fine with this season. More than fine...elated.

That's just me.

LOL ... it just goes to show that last year was just as much (or more IMO) a fluke as this year! Seriously this team could just as easily be 2-11 right now, but we some how pulled out close wins that we didn't last season. Why is that? IMO last year was due to injuries and the team giving up on the season and quitting - IT was a fluke season. This year the team has never given up on anything - they are winning despite the rookie QB not having the best season.

Respectfully disagree. You said unless we make the playoffs we accomplished nothing. I think we've already accomplished more than anyone could realistically could have expected. Playoffs or not, I'm fine with this season. More than fine...elated.

That's just me.

Thats the ship I'm floatin.......

Actually the only scenario in which we don't make the playoffs is if we lose out and NYJ win out. Does anyone here think the Jets have a realistic shot to run the table?

Actually the only scenario in which we don't make the playoffs is if we lose out and NYJ win out. Does anyone here think the Jets have a realistic shot to run the table?

If the Texans beat the Pats and then beat us next week, don't they clinch a bye? If so, that takes some pressure off of the Week 17 matchup.

If the Texans beat the Pats and then beat us next week, don't they clinch a bye? If so, that takes some pressure off of the Week 17 matchup.

I'd rather play to win.

I think we're in now, I don't see Cincy and Pitt both getting 9 wins, especially sense they still have to play.

KC is our last must win. I'd love to see the pressure put on the Texans by losing tonight, because that's what it would be. There's none on Indy. Zilch.

Go Pats..ick.

I'd rather play to win.

I think we're in now, I don't see Cincy and Pitt both getting 9 wins, especially sense they still have to play.

KC is our last must win. I'd love to see the pressure put on the Texans by losing tonight, because that's what it would be. There's none on Indy. Zilch.

Go Pats..ick.

I'm not suggesting we won't play to win; I'm sure we will. I'm just saying that the math says we need one more win. If the Texans win tonight and next week, they'll have the division locked up, be a lot closer to the #1 seed and a first round bye, and will probably not be interested in the outcome of the Week 17 game. Even if we lose to KC -- which we can, by the way -- we still have the Texans game to get that 10th win.

And it might not even matter at that point, depending on what the Jets, Bengals and Steelers do in the next couple weeks.

Like you, I'd hope we could win out, take the division back from the Texans, and get a home playoff game. That would be super fantastic. But I doubt it happens. I think they're too good in the trenches, and I actually think they're going to roll us next Sunday.

Not me!! I jumped ship and on the bandwagon in 1958 and have been riding the wave ever since!!!

Coltsince4

I'm almost right there with you. Unitas, Matte, Bubba, Bert, Mitchell. Some very ugly years, some okay. The move. Still a fan.

Dickerson, some bad times, some good, Manning magic that we wanted to last forever. And now ...

I've been a Colts fan my entire life, and I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like when Jim took over the ownership the team started to feel more like a family.

I'm almost right there with you. Unitas, Matte, Bubba, Bert, Mitchell. Some very ugly years, some okay. The move. Still a fan.

Dickerson, some bad times, some good, Manning magic that we wanted to last forever. And now ...

I've been a Colts fan my entire life, and I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like when Jim took over the ownership the team started to feel more like a family.

OOOO YEA!!!!!

The thing I really love about this team is that despite the fact they keep putting themselves behind the 8 ball on a consistent basis the team is good enough to dig it's way out of these bad situations. Bad teams would quit. Bad teams would panic and turn the ball over more. Indy tightens it up and plays BETTER under duress.

They are smart, and it shows in crunch time. They are not getting lucky, they are earning these wins.

This team plays with PRIDE and I really like that.

Perfect example.. coming out of the half yesterday the Colts are minus Sam S, Justice, and Olsen was playing like a girl. AQ Ship, Link, and Olsen (put his big boy pants on) they brought it in the second half. Staff made some great adjustments and ..... I was shocked, it was like night and day.

PRIDE. This team has a lot of it. And it shows. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is very small. The Colts are simply a team that plays with heart and pride. The really good teams have this. The bad ones like Detroit/Tenn.. you can see they don't. And it is why they lose.