Photo

This just doesn't happen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1389 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

I see threads on how the colts are winning. You know what? I'm just glad the're winning. I don't care if it's smoke and mirrors. The colts have WAY exceeded my expectations. It's all GRAVY now.

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 gibsonrob33

gibsonrob33
  • Rookie
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

The only stats and records I care about are in the win/loss column...Luck may throw some picks here and there, but He always seems to find a way to pull it out in the end. I am PROUD to be a Colts Fan :)

#3 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

The only stats and records I care about are in the win/loss column...Luck may throw some picks here and there, but He always seems to find a way to pull it out in the end. I am PROUD to be a Colts Fan :)

Amen to that! Wins and losses are ALL that matters (See signature line). We have a team full of grit and heart. It hasn't always been pretty this season; in fact, more often than not it hasn't been. But I am just proud to be a Colts fan. Now let's get ready to smash the Texans!
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#4 corgi

corgi
  • 2932 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

This season has been a lot like a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club.

Posted Image

#5 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1357 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

This season has been a lot like a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club.

Posted Image

The gift that keeps on givin'?

#6 corgi

corgi
  • 2932 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

The gift that keeps on givin'?

Indeed.

#7 King Colt

King Colt

Colt fan for 53 yrs. now!

• 1200 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Any Colt fans out there that STILL don't belive in Santa Claus?
"Build The Monster, Then Turn It Loose"

#8 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 18314 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

so true op

A Win is a Win
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#9 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18733 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

I see threads on how the colts are winning. You know what? I'm just glad the're winning. I don't care if it's smoke and mirrors. The colts have WAY exceeded my expectations. It's all GRAVY now.

We have to make the playoffs....that's what its all about...

We are very very close to accomplishing something....

but if we lose the next 3..we have accomplished nothing..

#10 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 8848 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

i feel bad for the "so called colts fans" that jumped ship. have fun for 4 years. we'll be happy for 15

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7575 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Except for setting rookie records, completely turning around the franchise, and showing the future is really bright.

Oh, I guess I don't agree...

#12 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

We are about as close to a lock for the playoffs that you can possibly be without actually clinching. Even if we lose the next 3(which is highly unlikely since we still play the Chiefs) they could still make the playoffs. There is no way Pittsburgh, Cincy, and the Jets are going to win out so it's actually harder for the Colts to not make the playoffs than it is for them to make the playoffs.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#13 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18733 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Except for setting rookie records, completely turning around the franchise, and showing the future is really bright.

Oh, I guess I don't agree...

No..Monroe.....

Records mean nothing.....we hope the future is bright...but nothing is guaranteed

But we're 9-4 now.........we're about in the post-season now...

I dont want 'feel good'' and I promise you you wont feel good if we lose these last 3...

The NFL is all about the post-season....always has been

#14 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18733 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

We are about as close to a lock for the playoffs that you can possibly be without actually clinching. Even if we lose the next 3(which is highly unlikely since we still play the Chiefs) they could still make the playoffs. There is no way Pittsburgh, Cincy, and the Jets are going to win out so it's actually harder for the Colts to not make the playoffs than it is for them to make the playoffs.

All true..but, as I know you know, we're playing Houston twice and we play KC on the road....

We lose a 3-way tiebreaker with Cincy and the Jets.

lets not eat the cake before we bake it

#15 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

All true..but, as I know you know, we're playing Houston twice and we play KC on the road....

I agree, but if we can't beat the Chiefs even in their house, we do not deserve to go to the playoffs. Yes, any given Sunday, I know, but the Chiefs are truly awful.

#16 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7575 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

No..Monroe.....

Records mean nothing.....we hope the future is bright...but nothing is guaranteed

But we're 9-4 now.........we're about in the post-season now...

I dont want 'feel good'' and I promise you you wont feel good if we lose these last 3...

The NFL is all about the post-season....always has been

Respectfully disagree. You said unless we make the playoffs we accomplished nothing. I think we've already accomplished more than anyone could realistically could have expected. Playoffs or not, I'm fine with this season. More than fine...elated.

That's just me.

#17 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1673 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

LOL ... it just goes to show that last year was just as much (or more IMO) a fluke as this year! Seriously this team could just as easily be 2-11 right now, but we some how pulled out close wins that we didn't last season. Why is that? IMO last year was due to injuries and the team giving up on the season and quitting - IT was a fluke season. This year the team has never given up on anything - they are winning despite the rookie QB not having the best season.

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

#18 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Respectfully disagree. You said unless we make the playoffs we accomplished nothing. I think we've already accomplished more than anyone could realistically could have expected. Playoffs or not, I'm fine with this season. More than fine...elated.

That's just me.

Thats the ship I'm floatin.......

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#19 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3688 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Actually the only scenario in which we don't make the playoffs is if we lose out and NYJ win out. Does anyone here think the Jets have a realistic shot to run the table?

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#20 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Actually the only scenario in which we don't make the playoffs is if we lose out and NYJ win out. Does anyone here think the Jets have a realistic shot to run the table?

It's much more likely the Jets lose out, than them winning out.

#21 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17937 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

If the Texans beat the Pats and then beat us next week, don't they clinch a bye? If so, that takes some pressure off of the Week 17 matchup.
LET'S HUNT

#22 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2456 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

If the Texans beat the Pats and then beat us next week, don't they clinch a bye? If so, that takes some pressure off of the Week 17 matchup.

I'd rather play to win.

I think we're in now, I don't see Cincy and Pitt both getting 9 wins, especially sense they still have to play.

KC is our last must win. I'd love to see the pressure put on the Texans by losing tonight, because that's what it would be. There's none on Indy. Zilch.

Go Pats..ick.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#23 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

I agree, but you can't eat cake before it's baked. haha

#24 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

i feel bad for the "so called colts fans" that jumped ship. have fun for 4 years. we'll be happy for 15

Not me!! I jumped ship and on the bandwagon in 1958 and have been riding the wave ever since!!!

Coltsince4

#25 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1357 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I hopped on the wagon when it was a Red Wagon... Meaning I was a kid when I became a Colts fan at the age of 7-8, and I'm 26 now. Not going anywhere.

#26 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17937 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'd rather play to win.

I think we're in now, I don't see Cincy and Pitt both getting 9 wins, especially sense they still have to play.

KC is our last must win. I'd love to see the pressure put on the Texans by losing tonight, because that's what it would be. There's none on Indy. Zilch.

Go Pats..ick.

I'm not suggesting we won't play to win; I'm sure we will. I'm just saying that the math says we need one more win. If the Texans win tonight and next week, they'll have the division locked up, be a lot closer to the #1 seed and a first round bye, and will probably not be interested in the outcome of the Week 17 game. Even if we lose to KC -- which we can, by the way -- we still have the Texans game to get that 10th win.

And it might not even matter at that point, depending on what the Jets, Bengals and Steelers do in the next couple weeks.

Like you, I'd hope we could win out, take the division back from the Texans, and get a home playoff game. That would be super fantastic. But I doubt it happens. I think they're too good in the trenches, and I actually think they're going to roll us next Sunday.
LET'S HUNT

#27 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17937 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Not me!! I jumped ship and on the bandwagon in 1958 and have been riding the wave ever since!!!

Coltsince4

You're old.

;)
LET'S HUNT

#28 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7575 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Coltsince4

I'm almost right there with you. Unitas, Matte, Bubba, Bert, Mitchell. Some very ugly years, some okay. The move. Still a fan.

Dickerson, some bad times, some good, Manning magic that we wanted to last forever. And now ...

I've been a Colts fan my entire life, and I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like when Jim took over the ownership the team started to feel more like a family.

#29 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

You're old.

;)

Right!!! My heart can't handle much more of this excitement every week!!! So if you don't see me you know whats up?
Finally DEAD. :flowers:

#30 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm almost right there with you. Unitas, Matte, Bubba, Bert, Mitchell. Some very ugly years, some okay. The move. Still a fan.

Dickerson, some bad times, some good, Manning magic that we wanted to last forever. And now ...

I've been a Colts fan my entire life, and I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like when Jim took over the ownership the team started to feel more like a family.

OOOO YEA!!!!!

#31 John Dee

John Dee
  • 6144 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

The thing I really love about this team is that despite the fact they keep putting themselves behind the 8 ball on a consistent basis the team is good enough to dig it's way out of these bad situations. Bad teams would quit. Bad teams would panic and turn the ball over more. Indy tightens it up and plays BETTER under duress.

They are smart, and it shows in crunch time. They are not getting lucky, they are earning these wins.

This team plays with PRIDE and I really like that.

Perfect example.. coming out of the half yesterday the Colts are minus Sam S, Justice, and Olsen was playing like a girl. AQ Ship, Link, and Olsen (put his big boy pants on) they brought it in the second half. Staff made some great adjustments and ..... I was shocked, it was like night and day.

PRIDE. This team has a lot of it. And it shows. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is very small. The Colts are simply a team that plays with heart and pride. The really good teams have this. The bad ones like Detroit/Tenn.. you can see they don't. And it is why they lose.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Nov
    Kevin Bowen

In each of his first three NFL seasons, T.Y. Hilton has had a game of 100 receiving yards 5 different times. Pro Bowl-type year for Hilton?

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      25 Nov
    Skelly

Happy Thanksgiving, and a early Merry Christmas to all. I'm out of here until the New Year with lots of good times to spend with the famn damily.

View All Updates