Photo

Refs were horrendous

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1384 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

I don't remember seeing that many horse manure calls since the replacement refs were in there. Ticked me off til no end. I wanted to reach through the TV and strangle someone.

They definitely did their best to keep the titans in the game. I understand there will always be a couple bad/questionable calls every game, but today was a pathetic attempt at officiating. I hope they all get reamed new ones.

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13721 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I said my peace on them in another thread but at least the replacement refs had the excuse of being replacements. This is why I didn't really care about the regular refs back yes some of them are really good but honestly the only difference between some of them (like the ones today) and the replacement refs is the spotlight that was shined on the replacement refs.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#3 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3308 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I missed the game.... Had family commitments all day.

All I know is, We WON. :cheer:

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#4 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5477 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

I missed the game.... Had family commitments all day.

All I know is, We WON. :cheer:

Well this happened-
http://www.cbssports...oltstitans-game
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#5 Coltscodeblue

Coltscodeblue
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Well the refs do get rated/evaluated each game and the least missed calls are used in the playoffs and they get the extra paychecks, so there is incentive to get the calls right, but I saw 4 terrible calls go Titans way, I thought also they wanted to keep the Titans in the game...not like days of old, replays are in HD and super slow motion and stopped pics you can see everything, even the huge stadium screens so there is no excuse to get turnovers and scores wrong...No excuses!!!!!

Anybody here watch Nascar? Even when the cars are running 100 to 200 mph depending on the tracks they can show the wheels barely moving around corners and clear as in normal speed, HD and flat screens have changed sport to like unbelievable!!!!! So with the technology all calls should be gotten right in review, everybody sees it. In 08 I bought a 32" samsung 720 LCD flat screen "was and emergency and was 900 bucks and that's all I had" I can get a 60 inch now for what I paid back then for a 32 :}LOL and went from a 27" RCA tube TV that burt out and it was like going from the 50's to 2008 :}LOL

I pre-appoligize for a future of not a sniff of AFC South Championships for other AFC South teams in the next 10 to 15 more years till Andrew Luck retires!!!!!

#6 ThorstenDenmark

ThorstenDenmark
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

It was the replacement refs :-)

#7 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13721 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

It was the replacement refs :-)

the sad thing is even most of them were not this bad...
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#8 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3308 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Well this happened-

Thanks. Agree, Refs blew that one.

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#9 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3474 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Well this happened-

True, but don't forget McAfee's punt inside the one yd line that led to C. Vaughn's pick 6. There was a false start on us that wasn't called that play. Lots of bad calls, majority (but not all) against us.

We overcame them, like a team is supposed to do.
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#10 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11686 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Refs will make mistakes and dumb calls. No excuse, the better teams find ways to overcome "circumstances"
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#11 nburgmei

nburgmei
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Refs will make mistakes and dumb calls. No excuse, the better teams find ways to overcome "circumstances"

This is true, but how many refs make on the order of 6 or 7 really bad calls in a game? This game was rank with terrible calls.

#12 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 2016 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

True, but don't forget McAfee's punt inside the one yd line that led to C. Vaughn's pick 6. There was a false start on us that wasn't called that play. Lots of bad calls, majority (but not all) against us.

We overcame them, like a team is supposed to do.

also dont forget the penaltie on bethea which was ridiculous, the penalty on Foukou which was agian ridiculous...on 3rd down both of them.

I though while the first Arians challenge was premature, it was a drop IMO. Also wasnt TY knee down before the feet touch out of bounds?
the only call that went our way was the false start on special teams i think

#13 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17168 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

wow
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#14 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17955 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

But this has to be addressed..

Bad calls all over the league..

The refs must make correct calls.........they are sub par

#15 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1655 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

And these are the "real" refs ... LOL! As I said from the start of the season the media created and fueled a story about "replacemen" refs ... least they had a valid excuse for missing a call or two - those guys out there right now are pathetic and without an excuse, yet the media is mummmmmmm.

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

#16 BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792
  • 1157 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

also dont forget the penaltie on bethea which was ridiculous, the penalty on Foukou which was agian ridiculous...on 3rd down both of them.

I though while the first Arians challenge was premature, it was a drop IMO. Also wasnt TY knee down before the feet touch out of bounds?
the only call that went our way was the false start on special teams i think

I was screaming at the TV about that catch by TY. He had the ball secured with a knee down before he went out of bounds. I can't be too upset about Arians throwing the flag on Wrights reception but unless it could be a turnover or something like that you HAVE to hold on to that challenge especially that early in the game. That lead to TY's reception being not being challenge-able nor Chris Johnson's fumble. Those are possession changing plays, Wrights was not as I'm pretty sure that play was on 2nd down. Arians baffles me at times with his management "calls".

#17 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2131 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

One of the worst officiated games I've ever seen... EVER. It's up there.

#18 Quantum88

Quantum88
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

While I agree that yesterday's game was as badly officiated as I have seen in awhile, remember that Seattle is in the hunt for the playoffs and could even get a first round bye because of the replacement refs. Even if we had lost as a result of the bad calls yesterday, we still could control our own destiny.

#19 Rick Dean

Rick Dean
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Well this happened-

Well Mortinsen on ESPN just took up for the refs. He said they were never shown the repay shot that clearly showed Luck's knee down. While I agree the refs were bad , the producers (CBS) get to decide what replays to show the refs. This should be changed. It has cost us for years. CBS has an agenda.

#20 ALL BLUE

ALL BLUE
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

How can they watch and rewatch the replays and still get it wrong???

#21 The Motto

The Motto
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Calls that could have killed us yesterday.
1. Wright dropped it and they reviewed still missed it
2. TY's catch they missed. Caught it in bounds
3. CJ's obvious Fumble
4. Luck's pick 6
5. 41's PI that was great D

#22 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2853 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Well Mortinsen on ESPN just took up for the refs. He said they were never shown the repay shot that clearly showed Luck's knee down. While I agree the refs were bad , the producers (CBS) get to decide what replays to show the refs. This should be changed. It has cost us for years. CBS has an agenda.

So CBS has it out for the Colts? Please.

#23 Rick Dean

Rick Dean
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

So CBS has it out for the Colts? Please.

Not CBS per se, but I can tell you from my time of watching the Colts (every game) the producers have not shown the correct replay many many times. coincidence? Does not happen on other networks. Just an observation. My main point was TV producers should not be handling this. why not an official?

#24 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2853 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Not CBS per se, but I can tell you from my time of watching the Colts (every game) the producers have not shown the correct replay many many times. coincidence? Does not happen on other networks. Just an observation. My main point was TV producers should not be handling this. why not an official?

The point about a producer handling the replay, I can appreciate. The rest is absolute nonsense.

#25 colts8718

colts8718
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

The REFS must have had a lot of TITANS on there FANTASY team that was one of the worst called Colt games i have ever seen

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      31 Oct
    southwest1

I was listening to CBS sideline Thursday Night Football reporter Tracy Wolfson talk about Saints WR Kenny Stills having to "tape up his groin" in the 2nd half & that phrase made me cringe because ankles I get, but tape & a sensitive region of the body doesn't sound all that wonderful to me. Enough said.

Show comments (4)
View All Updates