Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

any chance the colts texans game gets flexed

32 posts in this topic

obviously not for sunday night because thats patriots and 49ers, but maybe for the second wave of games? this game would be better then panthers chargers or lions cards. anyone check out mnf for next week jets titans. the football gods are laughing at the nfl.

IND_The Catch_728x90

obviously not for sunday night because thats patriots and 49ers, but maybe for the second wave of games? this game would be better then panthers chargers or lions cards. anyone check out mnf for next week jets titans. the football gods are laughing at the nfl.

Week 17 will likely have a game that has some drama too it, either a division championship on the line, or a win & in type set up for a wild card birth.

The only way I see it getting flexed is if it is for the AFC South title, or unless the Colts stumble the next two games and need the W to get into the playoffs.

Doesn't matter what time the game. I'll be at Reliant Stadium to witness this Colts win first hand and really make things interesting in this AFC South

1 person likes this

Doesn't matter what time the game. I'll be at Reliant Stadium to witness this Colts win first hand and really make things interesting in this AFC South

I'm going to be there too! Bought my tickets weeks ago.

If you are talking for this coming weekend's game - no chance. If you are talking about Dec 30th - unlikely.

It won't get flexed within 1 week. They give much more notice than that.

If you are talking for this coming weekend's game - no chance. If you are talking about Dec 30th - unlikely.

well i dont get to watch the colts that much. thats why im asking.

pats game was flexed in one week

Chance? Sure.

However Dallas vs Washington in perhaps a winner goes to the playoffs and the loser is out is more likely or Ravens and Bengals perhaps with the Bengals playing for their playoff lives and the Ravens maybe trying to lock up their division.

pats game was flexed in one week

That was more of a time change from 1 to 4. Flexing is more of an afternoon game getting moved to Sunday Night Football. I guess it just depends on how you look at it.

It is usually a two week notice, except for week 17, which they the decision on that game after week 16 is over...

I think he means week 17 but I could be wrong at least that's what i took it as. Next week NBC has Pats and 49ers no way they give that up.

That was more of a time change from 1 to 4. Flexing is more of an afternoon game getting moved to Sunday Night Football. I guess it just depends on how you look at it.

It is usually a two week notice, except for week 17, which they the decision on that game after week 16 is over...

im talking about this week not week 17

More likely to happen on Week 17, but the Boys-Skins are playing that week too, so...

This coming week then there is zero chance for Sunday night, and I don't think they would even move it to the late game this late... Every week except for week 17 gets announced 2 weeks in advance of the Sunday night game.

This coming week then there is zero chance for Sunday night, and I don't think they would even move it to the late game this late... Every week except for week 17 gets announced 2 weeks in advance of the Sunday night game.

not sunday night. 4 o clock games

Oh I thought you meant week 17 no they wont flex now. I think the rule is they have to let the teams know by the Thursday or Friday on the week before if the game is being moved to or out of a Sunday Night game to give teams chances to adjust their schedules. I could be wrong on the day of the week but I know it's at least the week before the game would be.

Oh I thought you meant week 17 no they wont flex now. I think the rule is they have to let the teams know by the Thursday or Friday on the week before if the game is being moved to or out of a Sunday Night game to give teams chances to adjust their schedules. I could be wrong on the day of the week but I know it's at least the week before the game would be.

i mean to 4. i know they wont switch the pats and 49ers

i mean to 4. i know they wont switch the pats and 49ers

oh I think that's why you are confusing people most people think flex with the Sunday night game. Teams have been moved from 1 to 4 for years. It would probably depend on things like how many west coast games do they have is it a CBS double header week, and ideally what happens between the Pats and Texans on Monday night but I think if they are going to move to four they would announce it Monday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090840/article/indianapolis-coltsnew-england-patriots-kickoff-flexed

The NFL must announce tweaked Sunday start times at least 12 days prior to that weekend. The only caveat is the final Sunday of the season. Week 17 changes can be made on just six days' notice to ensure an afternoon doubleheader and night game with playoff implications.

So, as I said it was too late in the process for it to be switched to a 4pm game. The Pats/Colts game was 11/18. It's time switch was announced on 11/5, so I would be surprised if the time was altered this late in the game.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-kickoff-flexed

So, as I said it was too late in the process for it to be switched to a 4pm game. The Pats/Colts game was 11/18. It's time switch was announced on 11/5, so I would be surprised if the time was altered this late in the game.

alright thanks FJC

alright thanks FJC

You're welcome.... It did seem like the question was about week 17. Once I knew you were talking about this week, I kinda doubted that it would be changed this late, so I had to dig to see when the Colts/Pats shift was announced.

CBS would only move it to 4:00 if they needed a good game for that time slot. They already have Pittsburg at Dallas next week at 4:00.

I don't think the NFL will. The Colts/Pats blow out sealed the Colts fate, this season for anymore flexed games.

1 person likes this

I'm going to be there too! Bought my tickets weeks ago.

yea me too. Im in section 634

If the Texans vs Colts home game in the final weekend was necessary for the Colts to clinch the playoff spot, then I can see it being flexed.

Otherwise, this team relishes the 1 p.m. ET time slot, it seems like.

In fact, I would rather play Baltimore (if that is who we play in the playoffs) at their place in the 1 p.m. ET time slot as well.

That is for week 16.

your right. my bad

I don't think the NFL will. The Colts/Pats blow out sealed the Colts fate, this season for anymore flexed games.

This is a good point.

There are a lot of if's that have to be sorted out before the NFL would flex the Colts and Texans(with a cow on the helmet) in week 17

your right. my bad

No biggie.. You would think for a simple time shift from 1 to 4, that it could come closer to the date than 12 days. But it could effect the travel plans of a lot of people, so the sooner they know the better.