Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff home games?

87waynefan

From what I understand, if the season ended today we'd travel to Denver for the wild card game. If we beat Denver and move on, what are the chances we could have a division or championship gane at home?

Well no chance in the Divisional Round because you would be a WC and if you got past the Divisional round than the number 6 seed would have to get to the AFCG for yo to have home field.

From what I understand, if the season ended today we'd travel to Denver for the wild card game. If we beat Denver and move on, what are the chances we could have a division or championship game at home?

Houston

NE

Den

Balt

Ind

Cinn

1 and 2 get the bye. 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. Right.... ? So we would be at Balt

From what I understand, if the season ended today we'd travel to Denver for the wild card game. If we beat Denver and move on, what are the chances we could have a division or championship game at home?

DW is right......I believe..right now..we're the 5th seed and we'd go to Baltimore

and doc is right, too....If we're 5th after 16 games..the only way we host the AFC title game is if the No. 6 seed gets there..

If we are the No. 6 seed..the home season is over..the '6' cant host any games

If Houston beats New England the standings will be:

1 Houston 12-1

2 Denver 10-3

3 Baltimore 9-4 (h2h win over NE

4 NE 9-4

5 IND 9-4

6 PIT 7-6 h2h win over Cincy 7-6

If New England beats Houston

1 Houston 11-2

2 New England 10-3(h2h) vs Den

3 Denver 10-3

4 Baltimore 9-4

5 IND 9-4

6 PIT 7-6 h2h win over Cincy 7-6

Those are the two "if the playoffs ended today" scenarios for this week.

As others have pointed out, unless the Colts win the South, the only way to have a home playoff game would be to host the #6 seed in the AFCCG.

Houston

NE

Den

Balt

Ind

Cinn

1 and 2 get the bye. 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. Right.... ? So we would be at Balt

actually ESPN playoff standings as of today are:

Houston

Denver

New England

Baltimore

Indy

Pittsburgh

we would be playing baltimore in the first round with new england playing pittsburgh....that is if it ended today

only way we get homefield in the playoffs as a wild card is if we play pittsburgh in the AFC championship game. the division winners get the home field over a wild card team.

to move up the seeds really fast would require Denver to start losing. The absolute best Indy can hope for is a Texans loss to either NE or Min, and then they win out, which means sweeping said Texans.

The end result would something like

NE

DEN

IND

BAL

HOU

PIT/CIN (depends on week 16 game)

Thats about as out there as Im willing to go, and its honestly really far out there.

If we ended up the season, as it is expected, with 10-6, we will have a wild-card game with Ravens. The only thing I don't know yet, if this game would be away or home. As far as I can understand the procedure, we will have to travel to Baltimore, but I think it depends on Baltimore's final record as well.

Call me crazy, but I see more chance for us beating Baltimore than beating Broncos, and if it would be @LOS...any team may lose there.

(I've tried to post a PO picture here, but it hasn't worked, anyway we only will have the perfect picture tomorrow after MNF.)

Edited by HungarianColtsFan