Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots MNF Victory thread

Snowglobe

They lost by 1 point to the seahawks and 2 points to the cardinals where the kicker missed the gw fg. You want to talk overrated look at denver, dominated by all the top tier teams. keep trolling.

You seem to bring up Broncos or Denver in a lot of your post. Do you too have a man crush on Peyton ? :funny: ( just teasing) better get in line Gruden is ahead of you. :D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to bring up Broncos or Denver in a lot of your post. Do you too have a man crush on Peyton ? :funny: ( just teasing) better get in line Gruden is ahead of you. :D

no he is a good qb i just really thought 2005 was our year. it was the perfect opportunity, no chargers, patriots etc. just the freakin broncos!! i cant get over that '05 loss

no he is a good qb i just really thought 2005 was our year. it was the perfect opportunity, no chargers, patriots etc. just the freakin broncos!! i cant get over that '05 loss

Well as I said I was just teasing you but sometimes we have to get past that one game or year and move forward. :) JMO

Looking forward to your review. Even though I own it and recommended it, I've only read a few para. I just can't read. Too boring for me. I tend to skim read then oo that was interesting and go back. Too much energy in me to sit and read :) I think I've read all of 2 books in my life:)

The review is done now, but I still might go back & leave a few lasting impressions in a few days...It's posted under the topic heading "The Grey Hoodie, Bill Belichick, & the Patriot Way."

Just to to my profile page Southwest1 & click on the tab "Topics" on the left hand side of the page.

I wanna know what all my friends think. Let me know..Foxboro fans are very lucky indeed. I hope that I was ever so respectful of Bill Belichick & his true brilliance overall...Thank you. :hat::flyingelvis:

Just putting things in perspective my friend :)

and that porous defense:) I keep tellin' ya BB defenses gel at a different rate than others ;-)

But I was wrong. Major not Semi ;)

You got me on that one... ;)

I'm almost a believer. I just don't know if the aggressiveness was game-plan based or if that's what we'll see now, but I loved it. They blitzed on something like 51% of their plays, which seems like a much better idea to me than allowing QBs to pick apart their zones. Talib has been great (hopefully he's OK, don't know how bad he hurt himself Monday) and Dennard is really coming into his own. McCourty looks like a Pro Bowler at safety (probably because he can keep his shoulders squared and doesn't have to chase receivers) and the secondary, overall, is playing much better.

It was the Buffalo game a few weeks back that threw me... they've really tightened things up since then. Gotta keep it rolling though.

If the Texans are overrated so are the Pats!

Beat by the Seahawks AND the Cardinals who Seattle just beat 58-0!

Which team is going to show up? Elite? LOL!!!

Maybe no one's mentioned this to you, or maybe you haven't watched a lot of football news lately, but this is actually quite typical of the Patriots in recent years. In 2010 and 2011 (finishing 14-2 and 13-3, respectively), they absorbed some losses in the early part of the season and went 8-0 in the second half. They're now something like 20-0 in the second half of the past three seasons combined. That's not an accident or a coincidence.

The football season is not a sprint. It's a marathon. The Patriots know that, and they know when they need to be playing their best football. And they're doing that right now.

They also lost three games by a total of four points. One was lost when Gostkowski missed a short FG, one was lost when the Ravens hit a last-second FG that was questionably good (went right over the upright, and the rule states that if the kick goes over the upright, the ball has to be completely inside of it), and then Seattle beat them on a last-minute comeback.

The Cardinals started the season 4-0. That's not irrelevant.

And you don't think the Seahawks are any good, huh? Because I do. Especially when they're at home.

Looking forward to your review. Even though I own it and recommended it, I've only read a few para. I just can't read. Too boring for me. I tend to skim read then oo that was interesting and go back. Too much energy in me to sit and read :) I think I've read all of 2 books in my life:)

That's why I prefer audio books or books on disc. It takes me back to my days as a storyteller even as a kid and the ability to set up a joke & deliver a potent punchline. Fast forward to high school & setting the mood, tempo, & ambiance was really fun with voices. A bullfrog bass to a high pitched female tenor. And dark, sinister, & nefarious characters always & I mean always had a diabolical cackle. Think Vincent Price from "The House Of Wax."

When I think of a compelling story, it must always have a skilled narrator who can both transition & transport the audience through a wide array of emotions: Fear, intrigue, furry, hesitation, growth, & true enlightenment. I enjoy books on tape because it allows the reader/listener the ability to challenge parts of their brain that don't usually get stimulated like imagination & vivid imagery overall. Plus, it reminds me of being in 1st grade when my teacher who was very pretty by the way used to sit in a rocking chair, have all her students huddle in a circle, and read us a story while we got to snack on milk & cookies. It was awesome! :thmup:

Try books on tape/CD from your local library. It's easy & didactic at the same time; just pop in a disk & let the narrator do all the work & transport you into a different world for a few hours like a movie except your mind creates all the pictures & special effects etc. etc. haha:td:

You got me on that one... ;)

I'm almost a believer. I just don't know if the aggressiveness was game-plan based or if that's what we'll see now, but I loved it. They blitzed on something like 51% of their plays, which seems like a much better idea to me than allowing QBs to pick apart their zones. Talib has been great (hopefully he's OK, don't know how bad he hurt himself Monday) and Dennard is really coming into his own. McCourty looks like a Pro Bowler at safety (probably because he can keep his shoulders squared and doesn't have to chase receivers) and the secondary, overall, is playing much better.

It was the Buffalo game a few weeks back that threw me... they've really tightened things up since then. Gotta keep it rolling though.

No boubt Kalib made a difference so they could play man to man.

The front 7 has always been there for the most part. Bill is great at manipulating a week secondary but having a real pro CB is definitely huge.

We've had problems with the secondary for a long time. Remember Rodney Harrison comments to the colts after winning the afc div playoff...."and they called us a bunch of replacements" . Cus' Bill had pulled in off the street people.

So early in the year when people thought our defense sucked based soley on NFL rank of yards I sorta laughed to myself.

I look at DVOA and they were 17th -20th. Not bad, not great. But I add in the turnover ratio and the fact the D did make key plays to win and felt confident they could gel as a BB defense always does since he won't stagnate if its bad.

However, winning a SB takes even more D. From what I see now..it's there.Especially with an offense that can score.

Thankyou Vince:)

That's why I prefer audio books or books on disc. It takes me back to my days as a storyteller even as a kid and the ability to set up a joke & deliver a potent punchline. Fast forward to high school & setting the mood, tempo, & ambiance was really fun with voices. A bullfrog bass to a high pitched female tenor. And dark, sinister, & nefarious characters always & I mean always had a diabolical cackle. Think Vincent Price from "The House Of Wax."

When I think of a compelling story, it must always have a skilled narrator who can both transition & transport the audience through a wide array of emotions: Fear, intrigue, furry, hesitation, growth, & true enlightenment. I enjoy books on tape because it allows the reader/listener the ability to challenge parts of their brain that don't usually get stimulated like imagination & vivid imagery overall. Plus, it reminds me of being in 1st grade when my teacher who was very pretty by the way used to sit in a rocking chair, have all her students huddle in a circle, and read us a story while we got to snack on milk & cookies. It was awesome! :thmup:

Try books on tape/CD from your local library. It's easy & didactic at the same time; just pop in a disk & let the narrator do all the work & transport you into a different world for a few hours like a movie except your mind creates all the pictures & special effects etc. etc. haha:td:

hmm.. maybe I will try that. I got the book of Cherie Currie of the Runaways and haven't read much but would like to.

However, winning a SB takes even more D. From what I see now..it's there.Especially with an offense that can score.

Thankyou Vince:)

Yup, defense not offense usually wins Championships. At some point, an offense must be stopped on 3rd & long in the 4th quarter. Was LB Brian Cushing really that BIG of a loss for the Texans? Maybe so...QB Matt Schaub did not play a great game either & if your field general is misfiring, it's gonna be a L-O-N-G night for your football team overall. That secondary was nothing to brag about either to be honest.

I have that pic and others platered on my wall:)

They were groundbreaking. Hadn't heard of them until I saw the movie. Checked their concerts on youtube. Holy moly they were good!

Read up on them...what a greek tradgedy...the abuse on the road by the manager..the breakup...(thanks a lot Lita)

Just bought a white custom Joan Jett Melody Maker on ebay:)

Sounds just like hers.

I'd upload the pic but I don't know how, other than posting it on an http

The Cardinals started the season 4-0. That's not irrelevant.

And you don't think the Seahawks are any good, huh? Because I do. Especially when they're at home.

Yes I think they are good .. I also think the Texans are pretty darned good too! It was one game and for everyone to come out saying the Pats are where its at due to that one game is a laugher! Thats what I am getting at!

Yes I think they are good .. I also think the Texans are pretty darned good too! It was one game and for everyone to come out saying the Pats are where its at due to that one game is a laugher! Thats what I am getting at!

It's not just that one game though. They've won seven straight by a combined score of 284 (40.6 points/game) to 133 (19 points/game). Plus everyone talked up Monday night like it was a showcase game for both teams, so... I think you're going to hear an awful lot about the Patriots from here on out.

Plus everyone talked up Monday night like it was a showcase game for both teams, so.

I very seldom if ever buy into media hype...

Jets, Rams, Bills, Colts, Jets, Dolphins and an any given sunday game vs the Texans = OVER hyped!

The best thing they got going for them though is home field throughout - sure they are cheering for the Colts to win at least one against the Texans. ;)

I very seldom if ever buy into media hype...

Jets, Rams, Bills, Colts, Jets, Dolphins and an any given sunday game vs the Texans = OVER hyped!

The best thing they got going for them though is home field throughout - sure they are cheering for the Colts to win at least one against the Texans. ;)

Of course I'm pulling for the Colts in those games... why wouldn't I?

I see your point but this is still the NFL. When you outscore your last seven opponents by a 2:1 ratio, that's a good run, regardless of who you played.

I have that pic and others platered on my wall:)

They were groundbreaking. Hadn't heard of them until I saw the movie. Checked their concerts on youtube. Holy moly they were good!

Read up on them...what a greek tradgedy...the abuse on the road by the manager..the breakup...(thanks a lot Lita)

Just bought a white custom Joan Jett Melody Maker on ebay:)

Sounds just like hers.

I'd upload the pic but I don't know how, other than posting it on an http

The Runaways were so ahead of their time! True Rock-N-Roll pioneers! :thmup: Unlike the Britney Spears crap that passes for music today. :slaphead: :facepalm:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Melody-Maker/Gibson-USA/Joan-Jett-Signature-Melody-Maker.aspx

God, I love Joan Jett!!!

joan-jett-2007.jpg