Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots MNF Victory thread

Snowglobe

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that old saying, "you can't polish a turd"? That applies here. What an absolute garbage team. Texans have no business trying to contend with the elite. They sucked for the last 10 years and proved that they still suck. Funny how cocky fans get when their team has a couple of winning seasons. I actually thought they would put up a fight but this was worse than varsity vs. freshman. I don't ever want to see ANYONE mention the Texans as an elite team. They sure have an elite game manager though LOL.

You know that old saying, "you can't polish a turd"? That applies here. What an absolute garbage team. Texans have no business trying to contend with the elite. They sucked for the last 10 years and proved that they still suck. Funny how cocky fans get when their team has a couple of winning seasons. I actually thought they would put up a fight but this was worse than varsity vs. freshman. I don't ever want to see ANYONE mention the Texans as an elite team. They sure have an elite game manager though LOL.

You are taking things too far. We are still 11-2 and were in the playoffs last year and, quite frankly, were a lot more dangerous with Cushing playing. We are definitely elite. Keep an eye out in the playoffs for us, along with Peyton Manning. I'm sure he and our "game manager" will be looking for revenge.

Rough, just Rough!

You are taking things too far. We are still 11-2 and were in the playoffs last year and, quite frankly, were a lot more dangerous with Cushing playing. We are definitely elite. Keep an eye out in the playoffs for us, along with Peyton Manning. I'm sure he and our "game manager" will be looking for revenge.

I'm just messing around. Texans are still one heck of a team. Shut down Brady for the most part in the second half. Honest to god, wouldn't be surprised if they kicked our butts in the post season. Us Pats fans got real cocky after the whooping the Jets got a few years ago (45-3) and they came back and whooped the Pats good in the post season. Schaub just missed a few throws here and there or the game would have been closer.

Wait, so you are not high on the Texans?

I'm just messing around. Texans are still one heck of a team. Shut down Brady for the most part in the second half. Honest to god, wouldn't be surprised if they kicked our butts in the post season. Us Pats fans got real cocky after the whooping the Jets got a few years ago (45-3) and they came back and whooped the Pats good in the post season. Schaub just missed a few throws here and there or the game would have been closer.

I was quite shocked at that Jets anomaly of a game. I was pulling for the Patriots and was beyond POd when Sanchez of all people managed to get that win. I was so glad when they lost their next game to the Steelers haha.

I'm just kidding, Texans are still a great team. I'm just hoping the Colts can win at least one of two and the Pats can take care of business.

I hope not lol. New England is the last place I want the Texans to play at again, especially in the playoffs.

I hope not lol. New England is the last place I want the Texans to play at again, especially in the playoffs.

One thing I'll give you, if it comes down to the AFCCG (likely will if Hou is 1 or 2) That scares me a little bit. Historically Brady has not played well in the AFCCG. Last 3 AFCCGs he has 3 TDs and 6 ints. The defense is what bailed him out the last two times. Even in Foxborough. I don't know but he just isn't the same guy.

I'm going for a semi-blowout. Not a knock on the Texans but........

I'm not nearly as confident as my Patriots brethren... the Patriots haven't shown me that they can slow down an opponent's passing game enough for me to think this will be anything but a close, hard-fought game. I do think New England wins it, primarily because it's at home and it's going to be sloppy tonight (wet, cold rain). Those weather conditions generally favor the Patriots regardless of who they're playing. But I think it'll be close and come down to the last few possessions.

Just putting things in perspective my friend :)

and that porous defense:) I keep tellin' ya BB defenses gel at a different rate than others ;-)

But I was wrong. Major not Semi ;)

One thing I'll give you, if it comes down to the AFCCG (likely will if Hou is 1 or 2) That scares me a little bit. Historically Brady has not played well in the AFCCG. Last 3 AFCCGs he has 3 TDs and 6 ints. The defense is what bailed him out the last two times. Even in Foxborough. I don't know but he just isn't the same guy.

Well they proved again that they can play well enough tonight too. Remember those people saying that the Patriots defense was going to hold them back before the season started? I don't know what anyone can point to now. I hope we get a chance to meet up in that Championship Game, and hopefully, for the Texans sake, Brady continues his "undesirable" trend. :goodluck:

So the game has been decided before it has been played. Make no mistake, whether Patriots win or not, there will be nothing easy about it. Believe me when I say that.

I hate to say it but the patriots made it look easy. Very easy. Not saying it will be for the Colts, but wow that game was not even watchable by the 2nd half.

I hate to say it but the patriots made it look easy. Very easy. Not saying it will be for the Colts, but wow that game was not even watchable by the 2nd half.

Preparation.

Patriots worked hard this week to be ready for the Houston defense.

We didn't do enough to protect Brady tonight... He got his few times pretty hard.

Hopefully the offensive inside game gets better before the playoffs.

Defense linebackers also need to be better on pass coverage.

Look, it pretty evident that the Patriots are poised to go to the AFC Championship Game. I wanna see how the Texas respond to this Monday night thrashing though. Will them come out swinging next week?

Jesus Vince Wilfork is a bleeping animal...Big men never get enough props in the NFL...The Patriots in 2 words: A Machine...To Quote Arnold AKA "The Terminator":

The Only team I see slow them down in the AFC is Denver IMO. I haven't thrown in the towel on Houston either. Life is all about how you respond after getting beat down...

You put it perfectly.

After years of watching the intense battles between the Colts with Manning against the Pats with Brady anticipating the Texans in Foxboro was like sitting in the Roman Colesium waitng for the Christians to arrive to battle the lions. The difference is a very good team playing professional executioners FACT: No team can make mistakes against the Pats, plain and simple. I shut the game off at 11:01 left to play in the secondv quarter after the Pats made it 21-0. I watched Family Guy instead figuring one comedy versus another, why not opt for a cartoon. Sorry Texans but you just learned that being good is not enough, you need calss to beat those guys and only Peyton Manning can fill that bill.

Many are saying that Brady should have locked up the MVP after that game. I certainly agree. He beat Peyton head-to-head (easily, in fact), and smoked the team with the best record in football.

Did you guys see the various graphics during the game? Such as the fact that Brady has by far the most 4+ TD games with 0 INTs in NFL history? Brady has 14, Peyton has 9.

And Gruden said that Brady may well be the best QB in NFL history. About time Gruden realized that.

Many are saying that Brady should have locked up the MVP after that game. I certainly agree. He beat Peyton head-to-head (easily, in fact), and smoked the team with the best record in football.

Did you guys see the various graphics during the game? Such as the fact that Brady has by far the most 4+ TD games with 0 INTs in NFL history? Brady has 14, Peyton has 9.

And Gruden said that Brady may well be the best QB in NFL history. About time Gruden realized that.

He certainly looked good, I'll give ya that. I'm not a fan of the Pats, but I cannot disagree with you here. Anyone that does, must be blind.

Well, that was a downright good ole'fashioned woodshedding. Pretty embarrassing performance from the suppossedly best team in the AFC(so Quizboy would have you believe).

Right and your team did so much better lmao. I'll take 11-2 anyday, which is, by the way, still the best record in the AFC. See you on Sunday. Should be a good game.

After years of watching the intense battles between the Colts with Manning against the Pats with Brady anticipating the Texans in Foxboro was like sitting in the Roman Colesium waitng for the Christians to arrive to battle the lions. The difference is a very good team playing professional executioners FACT: No team can make mistakes against the Pats, plain and simple. I shut the game off at 11:01 left to play in the secondv quarter after the Pats made it 21-0. I watched Family Guy instead figuring one comedy versus another, why not opt for a cartoon. Sorry Texans but you just learned that being good is not enough, you need calss to beat those guys and only Peyton Manning can fill that bill.

...so even though he lost to them as well, he's the only one qualified to beat them? He lost to us too, didn't he? I don't see how your argument makes sense. I would say that both the Texans and Broncos have class, and both will be dangerous in the playoffs.

I've been saying that since 2007...

Right and your team did so much better lmao. I'll take 11-2 anyday, which is, by the way, still the best record in the AFC. See you on Sunday. Should be a good game.

Just poking at a little Qwiz. There is no doubt that the Texans are much more talented than the Colts this yr., but were on our way back. Hope the Texans don't take out their frustration on us this weekend and I hope they have another game like last night.

Just poking at a little Qwiz. There is no doubt that the Texans are much more talented than the Colts this yr., but were on our way back. Hope the Texans don't take out their frustration on us this weekend and I hope they have another game like last night.

Hahaha yeah that is the general consensus of hope around here. This will be a short week so the boys better get on the horse early. The Men in Blue are coming to town, and given our past history, I'm sure neither team will be underestimating the other haha. At least I hope not. :disco:

What world am I living in?

How did we get to this point where the Colts fans were rooting for the Patriots...and Patriots fans will be rooting for the Colts?!?!

I don't know, there must be something in the water. Maybe this is what the Mayans predicted would happen in December all those years ago haha

If the Texans are overrated so are the Pats!

Beat by the Seahawks AND the Cardinals who Seattle just beat 58-0!

Which team is going to show up? Elite? LOL!!!

They lost by 1 point to the seahawks and 2 points to the cardinals where the kicker missed the gw fg. You want to talk overrated look at denver, dominated by all the top tier teams. keep trolling.

Watching the Patriots last night & reading the "Education Of A Coach" at the same time made me realize what an extension of Bill Belichick Tom Brady really is...

Guarded and selective about what tiny nuggets of information he discloses to the media, being deliberate, precise, and methodical like a Pathologist as he even so carefully exploits the Texans weaknesses & vulnerabilities in the secondary, realizing that teams adapt every week to what you did last week & always finding his favorite target not a specific WR, TE, or RB just whomever is open on any given play, and he raises the level of play of every team mate around him through knowledge, film study, and authority to see the game as it unfolds right before his own eyes. It's amazing!

A competitive drive to win, to adapt, to be selfless, to have have a singular focus of collective, universal sacrifice doesn't even begin to describe the symbiotic connection that Brady & Belichick share with 1 another. Like no other field general and head coach bond in football...

It used to bother me when I'd watch Bill address & interact with the media...

Giving them nothing was not a move out of spite or arrogance, but simply a desire to keep things close to the vest on a need to know basis as a means of maintaining team unity, solidarity, & to avoid outside any outside distractions at all that prevent flawless execution on the field. It's a chess match on the field and you're not even really competing with your opponent, but rather yourself, complacency, "the virus of personal expectations"...getting distracted from the we vs me focus & always wanting more individual glory, more money, & a bigger more lucrative contract than the team mate standing next to you in the locker room. "Pride always comes before the fall." Bill Belichick wants to steer clear of anything that doesn't revolve around team unity and a singular focus of sacrifice.

Think Annapolis...It all revolves around what Bill learned at the Naval Academy in Maryland...Focusing on something bigger than yourself...

navalacademyannapolismd.jpg

If the Texans are overrated so are the Pats!

Beat by the Seahawks AND the Cardinals who Seattle just beat 58-0!

Which team is going to show up? Elite? LOL!!!

You DO realize that the Patriots have lost 3 games by a grand total of 4 points, yes?

And that they have greatly upgraded their secondary since then?

And that their defense is gelling?

No?

Back to finish my book review of "The Education Of A Coach" now...

Looking forward to your review. Even though I own it and recommended it, I've only read a few para. I just can't read. Too boring for me. I tend to skim read then oo that was interesting and go back. Too much energy in me to sit and read :) I think I've read all of 2 books in my life:)