•  

Photo

Run Defense

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 krunk

krunk
  • 3190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

The run defense seems to get better and better. I'm starting to think we have a pretty reliable group here! I hope I can still stay this after the Houston game though. I like what I've been seeing overall.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Well the Titans did have a bunch of their starters out.

Our defense did play well against CJ but Locker had some runs that killed us.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#3 JWF

JWF
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

The run D has been pretty solid for the past month or so.

#4 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6726 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

The run D has been pretty solid for the past month or so.

Big test in the next two (or three) weeks with Foster and Charles. I hope Conner is okay, even though Angerer plays better against the run.

#5 krunk

krunk
  • 3190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

That has more to do with pass defense. I do agree that Locker has a decent run or two.

#6 krunk

krunk
  • 3190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Even if they had all their starters, the thing I liked best is that everyone was in the gaps they were responsible for. Hardly any blown assignments. We played disciplined football.

#7 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Even if they had all their starters, the thing I liked best is that everyone was in the gaps they were responsible for. Hardly any blown assignments. We played disciplined football.

That has more to do with pass defense. I do agree that Locker has a decent run or two.

Granted we played very well after we figured out that CJ likes to cutback. Although if we went against a team like Washington or San Francisco, those QBs would crush us.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#8 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 14621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

And we tackled pretty well, even in open space.
LET'S HUNT

#9 krunk

krunk
  • 3190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

"CJ2K averaged 15 rushing yards during the first three weeks of the season, then 112 in his next eight games. The Houston Texans held Johnson to 50 rushing yardslast week, but they are the No. 2 defense in the NFL. There were supposed to be opportunities Sundayagainst an Indianapolis Colts team ranked 22nd against the run.
Apparently no one told the Colts, as they held Johnson to 44 yards on 19 carries -- his lowest output since Oct. 7."

http://www.nfl.com/n...ianapolis-colts

#10 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3852 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Sure is better than years past. Can't wait to see the d in action next year. I think we'll be really tough. Now our pass run just needs to get back were it once was
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Desided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#11 krunk

krunk
  • 3190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

And we tackled pretty well, even in open space.

Over the past couple of games I have definitely seen an improvement in our open field/open space tackling. Solid
Now if we can defend the Texans cut back game in similar fashion as today I think we've got a pretty decent chance.

#12 TheJACKCOLT

TheJACKCOLT
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

The run defense has definetly been playing better. The next three weeks will be the true test for our run-D. Did anyone else notice on Lockers big run on the first drive, Freeney was loafing at half speed, if he had husled that would have been a five yard run at the most, couldn't believe his lack of effort on that play, very unlike Freeney.

#13 krunk

krunk
  • 3190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

The run defense has definetly been playing better. The next three weeks will be the true test for our run-D. Did anyone else notice on Lockers big run on the first drive, Freeney was loafing at half speed, if he had husled that would have been a five yard run at the most, couldn't believe his lack of effort on that play, very unlike Freeney.

I don't think that was freeney. I'm pretty sure that was Mathis

#14 TheJACKCOLT

TheJACKCOLT
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

No it was definetly freeney, they ran the play at Mathis and freeney was just jogging down the line, he looked like he thought someone else was going to make the play, He was going half speed.

COLTS TICKETS!

3-Game Ticket Packages Available

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates