Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Remember when the Bears crushed us in September?

23 posts in this topic

Now, they're 8-5 and nearly as out of business as the NHL....

..and weve gone from the outhouse to the penthouse... :thmup:

Funny how the wind blows...

The Bears manhandled us. We've been fortunate not to face too many great defensive fronts this season. Detroit was physical upfront too but their secondary is soo bad we were still able to win. We don't fair well against those type of teams. I see a scary game playing against Watts and Houston's front 7 coming up. Lucky for us we have the easiest schedule in the NFL and play in perhaps the weakest division. Luck is fine with pressure off the ends because he can step up in the pocket...but if you put pressure in his face and he can't step up....he makes A TON of mistakes. This is just how it is for all NFL qbs. Brady, Peyton, Brees...you let them have a clean pocket or room to step up they are money....if you get pressure up the middle...get them off their mark...they are merely mortal. Chicago has just been desimated by the injury bug and their o-line is worse than ours...we have just done a better job of having the next man up do his job.

1 person likes this

Hey now, I miss the NHL

And I miss gas prices being below $1.20

1 person likes this

You mean Funny how Cutler blows....Lol
2 people like this

The Bears manhandled us. We've been fortunate not to face too many great defensive fronts this season. Detroit was physical upfront too but their secondary is soo bad we were still able to win. We don't fair well against those type of teams. I see a scary game playing against Watts and Houston's front 7 coming up. Lucky for us we have the easiest schedule in the NFL and play in perhaps the weakest division. Luck is fine with pressure off the ends because he can step up in the pocket...but if you put pressure in his face and he can't step up....he makes A TON of mistakes. This is just how it is for all NFL qbs. Brady, Peyton, Brees...you let them have a clean pocket or room to step up they are money....if you get pressure up the middle...get them off their mark...they are merely mortal. Chicago has just been desimated by the injury bug and their o-line is worse than ours...we have just done a better job of having the next man up do his job.

the weakest division is the AFC EAST, other than the Pats the rest are just fiting to be around .500

the weakest division is the AFC EAST, other than the Pats the rest are just fiting to be around .500

I might argue that the AFC West is even worse. It's close, though.

I dont think there's anyone in the NFL who really wants Jay Cutler over the QB...they have now

..dont even ask the Colts about it...

I live near Chicago and the vast majority are Chicago fans so I hear about it all the time. My answer to that is it is a good thing it was the first game of the season, they wouldn't win now....and they don't argue much.
1 person likes this

Remember when we lost to Jacksonville?

The dark days.....1-2 and down 18 at the half to Green Bay...coach was in the hospital and the Packers were almost laughing at us....

you could make a movie about it...

The dark days.....1-2 and down 18 at the half to Green Bay...coach was in the hospital and the Packers were almost laughing at us....

you could make a movie about it...

How about 2-3 after getting smashed by the Jets.

And then proceeding to win 7 out of our last 8 games, with Arians at the helm. Luck is still being talked about as a MVP candidate.

No way, AFC West. At least the Jets are still in contention for the playoffs. Bills and Dolphins are 5-8.

The AFC West is a complete joke, 10 combined wins excluding Denver. This is why Denver is incredibly overrated and has basically been dominated against good teams (pats, falcons, texans).

No way, AFC West. At least the Jets are still in contention for the playoffs. Bills and Dolphins are 5-8.

The AFC West is a complete joke, 10 combined wins excluding Denver. This is why Denver is incredibly overrated and has basically been dominated against good teams (pats, falcons, texans).

broncos could be dangerous though because their players might be fresher down the line

Yeah but it was still a tough matchup week 1 in the "new era." We might be able to take them now though.....

People often say how tough the NFC North is and our Colts went 3-1 vs. them. Not too shabby at all Colts. :)