Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Battle for the Division Title?

wallieump99

Should New England beat Houston on Monday Night Football. Next Sunday will be an epic battle for the Colts to stay alive in the race for the division title. Due to the Colts loss to the Jacksonville Jags earlier in the season, we'll have to beat Houston twice to take the head-to-head tie-breaker.

This assumes we can beat Kansas City.

not a chance. if we want the division, we have to win out. we're barely getting wins WITH our starters.

Let's assume we're not in contention to win the division AND we have a WC spot secured. I won't be surprised to see Mr. Stanton in the second half of that game.

I think beating Houston twice was tough for us when we we were rolling with Mr. Manning, was it not?

I would be giddy if we beat them once.

The 'past is prologue'. We haven't fared well the last two visits to Reliant.

I like the fact that they're playing a Monday night game on the road against a very good opponent.

The 'past is prologue'. We haven't fared well the last two visits to Reliant.

I like the fact that they're playing a Monday night game on the road against a very good opponent.

Great Polian Quote. Here is my favorite...

"The quarterback wasn't the problem on Sunday. You don't know football well enough to know where to place the blame."

we would have to win out the ravens lose one broncos lose one and then we might have 1st round bye

and texans would have to lose to newengland or the vikings

I was replying to post that stated if they win the Division, then the Colts might have to play the Taxans in the 1st round. My reply was a different possible playoff scenario should the Colts win the division. As far out there as it might be

If we beat Houston next week (I don't expect it, but you never know), then I say that winning the division becomes a lot more possible (maybe even expected :dunno:).

As stated many times in this thread, we win out, we win the division, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we win the #1 seed too.

The chances to win the division rest entirely on our shoulders. Win out, and it's ours. I think that's highly unlikely; I doubt we beat them in Houston next week. But, as the saying goes, that's why they play the games.

Thats not true, if the texans beat new england and the other game they play besides the Colts game, the Colts could win there last 3 games, and would still lose the division to the texans because they would be 13-3 to our 12-4.

Thats not true, if the texans beat new england and the other game they play besides the Colts game, the Colts could win there last 3 games, and would still lose the division to the texans because they would be 13-3 to our 12-4.

Oh, you're right. I was already assuming that the Texans are going to lose tomorrow night.