Photo

Battle for the Division Title?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 wallieump99

wallieump99
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Should New England beat Houston on Monday Night Football. Next Sunday will be an epic battle for the Colts to stay alive in the race for the division title. Due to the Colts loss to the Jacksonville Jags earlier in the season, we'll have to beat Houston twice to take the head-to-head tie-breaker.

This assumes we can beat Kansas City.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yeah. If we had any chance to beat Houston away then I'd say our chances are pretty good, but we need to beat them first lol.

#3 #12

• 740 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Yes, and if we pull off the miracle and win the division, our reward in the first round might be... the Texans. :) 3 times in 4 weeks.

#4 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7496 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I really hate to think so far ahead. BUT... since I'm going to the last game of the season...

Is it possible that WE may be resting players in that game?

#5 bestQBever

bestQBever
  • 1348 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

I really hate to think so far ahead. BUT... since I'm going to the last game of the season...

not a chance. if we want the division, we have to win out. we're barely getting wins WITH our starters.

#6 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7496 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

not a chance. if we want the division, we have to win out. we're barely getting wins WITH our starters.

Let's assume we're not in contention to win the division AND we have a WC spot secured. I won't be surprised to see Mr. Stanton in the second half of that game.

#7 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I think beating Houston twice was tough for us when we we were rolling with Mr. Manning, was it not?

I would be giddy if we beat them once.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#8 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7496 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

I think beating Houston twice was tough for us when we we were rolling with Mr. Manning, was it not?

I would be giddy if we beat them once.

The 'past is prologue'. We haven't fared well the last two visits to Reliant.

I like the fact that they're playing a Monday night game on the road against a very good opponent.

#9 JWF

JWF
  • 1056 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Its possible but unlikely. It would be amazing to pull out a miracle divisional title though.

#10 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Yes, and if we pull off the miracle and win the division, our reward in the first round might be... the Texans. :) 3 times in 4 weeks.

There's still an outside chance the Colts COULD earn a 1st round Bye. But HIGHLY unlikely

#11 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 896 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

thats when pagano is suppose to return. i expect for us to go all out.
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#12 The Peytonator

The Peytonator
  • 2945 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

If we win the division, we'll probably have a first round bye. Extremely unlikely, but stranger things have happened. I agree though, we could be resting a lot of guys in that last Houston game if our WC spot is clinched, which is likely, and our divisional hopes are dashed....very probable.

#13 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2862 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

There's still an outside chance the Colts COULD earn a 1st round Bye. But HIGHLY unlikely

we would have to win out the ravens lose one broncos lose one and then we might have 1st round bye
and texans would have to lose to newengland or the vikings

#14 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

The 'past is prologue'. We haven't fared well the last two visits to Reliant.

I like the fact that they're playing a Monday night game on the road against a very good opponent.

Great Polian Quote. Here is my favorite...

"The quarterback wasn't the problem on Sunday. You don't know football well enough to know where to place the blame."

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#15 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

we would have to win out the ravens lose one broncos lose one and then we might have 1st round bye

I was replying to post that stated if they win the Division, then the Colts might have to play the Taxans in the 1st round. My reply was a different possible playoff scenario should the Colts win the division. As far out there as it might be

#16 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17185 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

The chances to win the division rest entirely on our shoulders. Win out, and it's ours. I think that's highly unlikely; I doubt we beat them in Houston next week. But, as the saying goes, that's why they play the games.
LET'S HUNT

#17 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7496 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Great Polian Quote. Here is my favorite...

"The quarterback wasn't the problem on Sunday. You don't know football well enough to know where to place the blame."

I'm pretty sure ole Bill didn't make up that 'prologue' quote... Either Bill...

#18 Jules

Jules
  • 7570 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Fear nobody.

What is it that Pagano said after the Dolphins game? "Remember where they had you before the season started. Every last one of them".

????

#19 Andy

Andy
  • 8919 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

If we beat Houston next week (I don't expect it, but you never know), then I say that winning the division becomes a lot more possible (maybe even expected :dunno:).

As stated many times in this thread, we win out, we win the division, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we win the #1 seed too.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#20 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

You know what? I may have taken your post the wrong way. Sorry for being defensive.

#21 luckyblue

luckyblue
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

The chances to win the division rest entirely on our shoulders. Win out, and it's ours. I think that's highly unlikely; I doubt we beat them in Houston next week. But, as the saying goes, that's why they play the games.

Thats not true, if the texans beat new england and the other game they play besides the Colts game, the Colts could win there last 3 games, and would still lose the division to the texans because they would be 13-3 to our 12-4.

#22 NewEra

NewEra
  • 4514 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Yeah I don't look to beat them twice, but it would be absolutely epic if we did!!
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Decided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#23 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

We barely beat Detroit on the road and they were 4-7.

What makes you think we will beat the Texans in Reliant? That would be a miracle.

Now week 17 at home against the Texans and Pagano is coming back? I could see us taking that game.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#24 doc109

doc109
  • Rookie
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

If we (Texans) beat New England then beat Minnesota we go 13-3 and we could lose both Colts games and still win the division. If we lose to NE than we will be angry and destroy you at Reliant which would clinch us division.

#25 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 17185 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Thats not true, if the texans beat new england and the other game they play besides the Colts game, the Colts could win there last 3 games, and would still lose the division to the texans because they would be 13-3 to our 12-4.

Oh, you're right. I was already assuming that the Texans are going to lose tomorrow night.
LET'S HUNT

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Oct
    Nadine

wood peckers destroying my house again. the east side this time

Show comments (3)
View All Updates