Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wallieump99

Battle for the Division Title?

25 posts in this topic

Should New England beat Houston on Monday Night Football. Next Sunday will be an epic battle for the Colts to stay alive in the race for the division title. Due to the Colts loss to the Jacksonville Jags earlier in the season, we'll have to beat Houston twice to take the head-to-head tie-breaker.

This assumes we can beat Kansas City.

IND_The Catch_728x90

Yeah. If we had any chance to beat Houston away then I'd say our chances are pretty good, but we need to beat them first lol.

Yes, and if we pull off the miracle and win the division, our reward in the first round might be... the Texans. :) 3 times in 4 weeks.

I really hate to think so far ahead. BUT... since I'm going to the last game of the season...

Is it possible that WE may be resting players in that game?

I really hate to think so far ahead. BUT... since I'm going to the last game of the season...

not a chance. if we want the division, we have to win out. we're barely getting wins WITH our starters.

not a chance. if we want the division, we have to win out. we're barely getting wins WITH our starters.

Let's assume we're not in contention to win the division AND we have a WC spot secured. I won't be surprised to see Mr. Stanton in the second half of that game.

1 person likes this

I think beating Houston twice was tough for us when we we were rolling with Mr. Manning, was it not?

I would be giddy if we beat them once.

I think beating Houston twice was tough for us when we we were rolling with Mr. Manning, was it not?

I would be giddy if we beat them once.

The 'past is prologue'. We haven't fared well the last two visits to Reliant.

I like the fact that they're playing a Monday night game on the road against a very good opponent.

1 person likes this

Its possible but unlikely. It would be amazing to pull out a miracle divisional title though.

Yes, and if we pull off the miracle and win the division, our reward in the first round might be... the Texans. :) 3 times in 4 weeks.

There's still an outside chance the Colts COULD earn a 1st round Bye. But HIGHLY unlikely

thats when pagano is suppose to return. i expect for us to go all out.

1 person likes this

If we win the division, we'll probably have a first round bye. Extremely unlikely, but stranger things have happened. I agree though, we could be resting a lot of guys in that last Houston game if our WC spot is clinched, which is likely, and our divisional hopes are dashed....very probable.

There's still an outside chance the Colts COULD earn a 1st round Bye. But HIGHLY unlikely

we would have to win out the ravens lose one broncos lose one and then we might have 1st round bye

and texans would have to lose to newengland or the vikings

The 'past is prologue'. We haven't fared well the last two visits to Reliant.

I like the fact that they're playing a Monday night game on the road against a very good opponent.

Great Polian Quote. Here is my favorite...

"The quarterback wasn't the problem on Sunday. You don't know football well enough to know where to place the blame."

1 person likes this

we would have to win out the ravens lose one broncos lose one and then we might have 1st round bye

I was replying to post that stated if they win the Division, then the Colts might have to play the Taxans in the 1st round. My reply was a different possible playoff scenario should the Colts win the division. As far out there as it might be

The chances to win the division rest entirely on our shoulders. Win out, and it's ours. I think that's highly unlikely; I doubt we beat them in Houston next week. But, as the saying goes, that's why they play the games.

1 person likes this

Great Polian Quote. Here is my favorite...

"The quarterback wasn't the problem on Sunday. You don't know football well enough to know where to place the blame."

I'm pretty sure ole Bill didn't make up that 'prologue' quote... Either Bill...

1 person likes this

Fear nobody.

What is it that Pagano said after the Dolphins game? "Remember where they had you before the season started. Every last one of them".

????

If we beat Houston next week (I don't expect it, but you never know), then I say that winning the division becomes a lot more possible (maybe even expected :dunno:).

As stated many times in this thread, we win out, we win the division, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we win the #1 seed too.

You know what? I may have taken your post the wrong way. Sorry for being defensive.

The chances to win the division rest entirely on our shoulders. Win out, and it's ours. I think that's highly unlikely; I doubt we beat them in Houston next week. But, as the saying goes, that's why they play the games.

Thats not true, if the texans beat new england and the other game they play besides the Colts game, the Colts could win there last 3 games, and would still lose the division to the texans because they would be 13-3 to our 12-4.

Yeah I don't look to beat them twice, but it would be absolutely epic if we did!!

We barely beat Detroit on the road and they were 4-7.

What makes you think we will beat the Texans in Reliant? That would be a miracle.

Now week 17 at home against the Texans and Pagano is coming back? I could see us taking that game.

If we (Texans) beat New England then beat Minnesota we go 13-3 and we could lose both Colts games and still win the division. If we lose to NE than we will be angry and destroy you at Reliant which would clinch us division.

Thats not true, if the texans beat new england and the other game they play besides the Colts game, the Colts could win there last 3 games, and would still lose the division to the texans because they would be 13-3 to our 12-4.

Oh, you're right. I was already assuming that the Texans are going to lose tomorrow night.