•  

Photo

Even Chuck Pagano was shaking his head

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13131 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

There was a TV shot of Pagano in the press box as the clock ran down and he was by himself..slowly shaking his head...

He knows what he's seeing is unbelievable and virtually unprecedented....He knows more than any of us..

That one picture said it all...

...did anyone else see that?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16351 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Didn't see it

#3 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 7106 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

He was shaking his head because someone asked him if the Texans are for real.

:1colts: www.MessenTools.com-bob-esponja-010.gif :1colts:

Celebrating 30 years of Indianapolis football!

#4 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4145 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

There was a TV shot of Pagano in the press box as the clock ran down and he was by himself..slowly shaking his head...

He knows what he's seeing is unbelievable and virtually unprecedented....He knows more than any of us..

The refs certainly didn't see it....
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#5 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11401 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

missed it
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#6 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1134 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

This season has been magical. Stats have been proven to be irrelevant by this team. They find ways to win week in and week out. Add Chuck' s illness to the mix and it's unbelievable. Bob Lamey discussed the season on this week's Colts Friday Night and said someone should write a book on this season. I sure hope somebody does.

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#7 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13131 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

that's funny...they probably reviewed it and still didnt see it.. :D

#8 JlynRN

JlynRN
  • 2276 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

that's funny...they probably reviewed it and still didnt see it.. :D

LOL you may be right !!! I missed seeing that tho. We certainly have had a magical season so far, I am so proud of our team !!! :rock:

#9 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 810 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

i think he was shaking his head cause he couldn't believe we were throwing the ball at that point in the game. i know i couldn't believe it when i saw luck drop back. specially with ballard running the ball well to close the game. BA has some...well you know what.
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#10 LJpalmbeacher

LJpalmbeacher
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

I think he was shaking his head when BA called for a pass in the endzone on 3rd & 4 with about 4.30 left in gm at about the Titans 25yd line.

#11 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 13141 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

i think he was shaking his head cause he couldn't believe we were throwing the ball at that point in the game. i know i couldn't believe it when i saw luck drop back. specially with ballard running the ball well to close the game. BA has some...well you know what.

Ballard was hurt. If you're talking about the last throw of the game, complete to Reggie, that was the best play call of the game.
LET'S HUNT

#12 throwingBBS

throwingBBS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Just because a play has a WR stretching the D by having him run an endzone route doesn`t mean your knucklehead, inaccurate, Rookie QB should end up throwing to him. Ya, and Ballard was hurt!

#13 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

The refs made a lot of...interesting choices. If the announcers are blatantly pointing it out, then there is something wrong.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#14 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6339 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

haha that was one of the most poorly officiated Colts games I've ever seen. :facepalm:

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#15 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

He was still trying to figure out how the refs blew the call on the Luck INT.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#16 HireBruceArians

HireBruceArians
  • 1498 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Just because a play has a WR stretching the D by having him run an endzone route doesn`t mean your knucklehead, inaccurate, Rookie QB should end up throwing to him. Ya, and Ballard was hurt!

That was his only option. There were no checkdowns or hot reads on that play. Every receiver was in or near the endzone. That was on Arians, not Luck. To call that play on a 3rd & FOUR with the lead, and an opportunity to extend the drive and seal the game with a conversion, was pure idiocy. Vintage Arians

#17 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3727 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I saw it, was in the second half. Think it was more of a beside himself can't count these guys out head shake at the time
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Desided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#18 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13131 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

This season has been magical. Stats have been proven to be irrelevant by this team. They find ways to win week in and week out. Add Chuck' s illness to the mix and it's unbelievable. Bob Lamey discussed the season on this week's Colts Friday Night and said someone should write a book on this season. I sure hope somebody does.

absolutely...nothing about this season makes sense....we have 45 new guys on the roster?

we've allowed far more points than we've scored,,,our coach is in the hospital....we have defensive ends playing linebacker

..and we almost had no running backs left to finish the game..

..and we're about to go to the NFL playoffs....I have never seen anything like this

#19 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13131 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I saw it, was in the second half. Think it was more of a beside himself can't count these guys out head shake at the time

That's along the lines of what I thought..he's been in the NFL for what? 20 years?

He knows what we're doing is crazy

..and we keep doing it week after week....like a dog you let loose 10 miles from the house..and then 15 miles from the house

..and he keeps finding his way back..because he doesnt know he isnt supposed to find his way home

#20 Tsarquise

Tsarquise
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

absolutely...nothing about this season makes sense....we have 45 new guys on the roster?

we've allowed far more points than we've scored,,,our coach is in the hospital....we have defensive ends playing linebacker

..and we almost had no running backs left to finish the game..

..and we're about to go to the NFL playoffs....I have never seen anything like this

Maybe this team is like the 2001 Patriots?

#21 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13131 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Maybe this team is like the 2001 Patriots?

Tasr..

There has never been a story like this....when you include the last off-season....

#22 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3727 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Tasr..

There has never been a story like this....when you include the last off-season....

Not that I can recall. 2-14, with the #1 pick in the draft to knocking on the door of the playoffs. Not to mention the complete rehaul to the team and staff. Amazing!
Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Desided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#23 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Ballard was hurt. If you're talking about the last throw of the game, complete to Reggie, that was the best play call of the game.

wasn't the last play of the game a pass to dwayne allen over the middle for the first down?

#24 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 13141 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

wasn't the last play of the game a pass to dwayne allen over the middle for the first down?

You're right. I had my wires crossed. That's the play I'm talking about.
LET'S HUNT

#25 willysp

willysp
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yes, my wife and I both saw that and commented on it! Like he was thinking "who would have believed this?".

Clock had one minute or so - game over; a kneel down or so was all that remained. He was standing next to Grigs when he shook his head, smiled a bit, and gathered up his papers; Grigs was putting his suit coat on getting ready to head to the locker room.

BTW, I do find it interesting that (at a glance) nobody else who posted in this thread seemed to have seen it (which is fine) - but that didn't stop them from making up stuff, speculating and going off-topic! Such is an internet board ... :)

#26 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 810 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

You're right. I had my wires crossed. That's the play I'm talking about.

its all good. but as for the play call. it was great because of the payoff. it was high risk high reward. and if luck would have fumbled or thrown a int, the titans scored. most people in the forum would be calling for BA's head.

#27 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 13141 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

its all good. but as for the play call. it was great because of the payoff. it was high risk high reward. and if luck would have fumbled or thrown a int, the titans scored. most people in the forum would be calling for BA's head.

Kind of hard to say anything meaningful after the fact, but I agreed with the decision beforehand, and would have defended it even if it had gone wrong. If Luck had fumbled or thrown a pick, I would have blamed Luck, not the decision to throw for the first down.

I've been critical of Arians' game management at several points this season, including his pass/run mix in certain situations, but he handled the end of game situation exactly how I thought he should have. I think being without any healthy backs at the end of the game kind of put him in a situation that he would prefer to be in, since he loves to throw the ball anyways. But I think he nailed it on that play, and with the calls we used on the plays prior to that.
LET'S HUNT

#28 NewEra

NewEra
  • 3727 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yes, my wife and I both saw that and commented on it! Like he was thinking "who would have believed this?".

Clock had one minute or so - game over; a kneel down or so was all that remained. He was standing next to Grigs when he shook his head, smiled a bit, and gathered up his papers; Grigs was putting his suit coat on getting ready to head to the locker room.

BTW, I do find it interesting that (at a glance) nobody else who posted in this thread seemed to have seen it (which is fine) - but that didn't stop them from making up stuff, speculating and going off-topic! Such is an internet board ... :)

Well at least some of us saw it. Cause it was a pretty cool sight!

#29 Rick Dean

Rick Dean
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I think he was shaking his head at Chris Johnson's shoes. Did anyone see the red flashes coming from the bottom of his shoes? I think he had reflectors on the bottom. It looked like kids shoes that lite up when you walk. Anyone else notice this?

#30 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16351 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I thought the light up shoes were pretty cool, I had some but its been years, But I'd still get a pair if I could find them (Been awhile since shoe shopping though)

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates