Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Even Chuck Pagano was shaking his head

oldunclemark

There was a TV shot of Pagano in the press box as the clock ran down and he was by himself..slowly shaking his head...

He knows what he's seeing is unbelievable and virtually unprecedented....He knows more than any of us..

That one picture said it all...

...did anyone else see that?

The refs certainly didn't see it....

This season has been magical. Stats have been proven to be irrelevant by this team. They find ways to win week in and week out. Add Chuck' s illness to the mix and it's unbelievable. Bob Lamey discussed the season on this week's Colts Friday Night and said someone should write a book on this season. I sure hope somebody does.

i think he was shaking his head cause he couldn't believe we were throwing the ball at that point in the game. i know i couldn't believe it when i saw luck drop back. specially with ballard running the ball well to close the game. BA has some...well you know what.

Ballard was hurt. If you're talking about the last throw of the game, complete to Reggie, that was the best play call of the game.

Just because a play has a WR stretching the D by having him run an endzone route doesn`t mean your knucklehead, inaccurate, Rookie QB should end up throwing to him. Ya, and Ballard was hurt!

That was his only option. There were no checkdowns or hot reads on that play. Every receiver was in or near the endzone. That was on Arians, not Luck. To call that play on a 3rd & FOUR with the lead, and an opportunity to extend the drive and seal the game with a conversion, was pure idiocy. Vintage Arians

There was a TV shot of Pagano in the press box as the clock ran down and he was by himself..slowly shaking his head...

He knows what he's seeing is unbelievable and virtually unprecedented....He knows more than any of us..

I saw it, was in the second half. Think it was more of a beside himself can't count these guys out head shake at the time

This season has been magical. Stats have been proven to be irrelevant by this team. They find ways to win week in and week out. Add Chuck' s illness to the mix and it's unbelievable. Bob Lamey discussed the season on this week's Colts Friday Night and said someone should write a book on this season. I sure hope somebody does.

absolutely...nothing about this season makes sense....we have 45 new guys on the roster?

we've allowed far more points than we've scored,,,our coach is in the hospital....we have defensive ends playing linebacker

..and we almost had no running backs left to finish the game..

..and we're about to go to the NFL playoffs....I have never seen anything like this

I saw it, was in the second half. Think it was more of a beside himself can't count these guys out head shake at the time

That's along the lines of what I thought..he's been in the NFL for what? 20 years?

He knows what we're doing is crazy

..and we keep doing it week after week....like a dog you let loose 10 miles from the house..and then 15 miles from the house

..and he keeps finding his way back..because he doesnt know he isnt supposed to find his way home

absolutely...nothing about this season makes sense....we have 45 new guys on the roster?

we've allowed far more points than we've scored,,,our coach is in the hospital....we have defensive ends playing linebacker

..and we almost had no running backs left to finish the game..

..and we're about to go to the NFL playoffs....I have never seen anything like this

Maybe this team is like the 2001 Patriots?

Tasr..

There has never been a story like this....when you include the last off-season....

Not that I can recall. 2-14, with the #1 pick in the draft to knocking on the door of the playoffs. Not to mention the complete rehaul to the team and staff. Amazing!

Yes, my wife and I both saw that and commented on it! Like he was thinking "who would have believed this?".

Clock had one minute or so - game over; a kneel down or so was all that remained. He was standing next to Grigs when he shook his head, smiled a bit, and gathered up his papers; Grigs was putting his suit coat on getting ready to head to the locker room.

BTW, I do find it interesting that (at a glance) nobody else who posted in this thread seemed to have seen it (which is fine) - but that didn't stop them from making up stuff, speculating and going off-topic! Such is an internet board ... :)

You're right. I had my wires crossed. That's the play I'm talking about.

its all good. but as for the play call. it was great because of the payoff. it was high risk high reward. and if luck would have fumbled or thrown a int, the titans scored. most people in the forum would be calling for BA's head.

its all good. but as for the play call. it was great because of the payoff. it was high risk high reward. and if luck would have fumbled or thrown a int, the titans scored. most people in the forum would be calling for BA's head.

Kind of hard to say anything meaningful after the fact, but I agreed with the decision beforehand, and would have defended it even if it had gone wrong. If Luck had fumbled or thrown a pick, I would have blamed Luck, not the decision to throw for the first down.

I've been critical of Arians' game management at several points this season, including his pass/run mix in certain situations, but he handled the end of game situation exactly how I thought he should have. I think being without any healthy backs at the end of the game kind of put him in a situation that he would prefer to be in, since he loves to throw the ball anyways. But I think he nailed it on that play, and with the calls we used on the plays prior to that.

Yes, my wife and I both saw that and commented on it! Like he was thinking "who would have believed this?".

Clock had one minute or so - game over; a kneel down or so was all that remained. He was standing next to Grigs when he shook his head, smiled a bit, and gathered up his papers; Grigs was putting his suit coat on getting ready to head to the locker room.

BTW, I do find it interesting that (at a glance) nobody else who posted in this thread seemed to have seen it (which is fine) - but that didn't stop them from making up stuff, speculating and going off-topic! Such is an internet board ... :)

Well at least some of us saw it. Cause it was a pretty cool sight!

I think he was shaking his head at Chris Johnson's shoes. Did anyone see the red flashes coming from the bottom of his shoes? I think he had reflectors on the bottom. It looked like kids shoes that lite up when you walk. Anyone else notice this?