Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We could have had a top 5 CB tandem

Raycolts12

i understand, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to change the scheme to what your best defensive player does best.

And yet, the Eagles are in last place and Andy Reid is about to get fired... And he's already fired his defensive coordinator. Conventional logic doesn't apply to the Eagles over the past two seasons. Not saying Nnamdi is still as great as he used to be, but he's not been used right in Philadelphia.

I haven't seen some of their games, but the one's I have seen, he has been burnt repeatably. He most definitely is not the same player he was in Oakland. Maybe it's scheme related, but for the money he would cost and his age now, I wouldn't want no part of him here.

I don't know what he's going to cost. He's not even a free agent at this point. If they release him (which is very likely, considering his contract and the changes that are probably on the way there, although his contract is structured in a way that might allow them to move some of his money around), it will be a different story.

Either way, even at his age, he's still a good corner. And he's really not THAT old; he'll be 32 to start next season. That's how old Charles Woodson was when he won DPOY.

On a reasonable contract, I'd take him.

We could have a top pass rush if jerry hughes wasn't awful. Actually awful doesn't come close to how bad he is.It is what it is. I fully expect Fleener to become a dynamic receiving threat in time. He and Allen will become a great tandem.

Hughes is more effective than Freeney right now. Jerry gets a lot of flack from Colts fans, and I actually think he's basically a rookie.

Do you think Arians is going somewhere? I for one wouldnt mind a new OC since I dont feel we are balanced enough and are calling too many deep passing plays resulting in INTs.

I agree with you about the playcalling and I have been vocal about wanting another O Coodinator. But there are a few obvious (or maybe not so obvious) things to consider in my opinion

1.Arians is 60 years old who has never been a Head Coach before at the NFL level (He was the Temple Owls head coach from 1983-1988) He has always been a position coach at the NFL level (Multiple positions all related to the offense) and an O Coordinator in Pitt and with the Browns. Also how long does he want to stick around

2.Playcalling style and now since he is the interim Head Coach you factor his game management skills, (clock management-deal breaker right there alone in my opinion, 3rd down management, personell management). Also, does he use the talent he has around him to the best of there abilities. Is he a players coach or a hard *** or can he balance it out)

Also before you get to any of those questions ya have to figure out how many years is on his current deal, I have no idea, I personally think he will be here another year or two but as OC, I wish it was just as a QB only though

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 10, 2012 - illegal
Hidden by Nadine, December 10, 2012 - illegal

Actually, it kind of does make you a criminal. lol. It shouldn't though.

Unfortunately for Jenkins he was in possession. Alas that makes him a criminal. But if he would have just not possessed it and kept it home and smoked there, he would not have this issue. Lol not a crime to be high. But that's OT.

Hughes is more effective than Freeney right now. Jerry gets a lot of flack from Colts fans, and I actually think he's basically a rookie.

So because you think Hughes is more "effective" than Freeney that some how does not make him suck? Ya, how about no. He sucks at everything and that includes special teams. He gets flack because he is indeed very very bad.

So because you think Hughes is more "effective" than Freeney that some how does not make him suck? Ya, how about no. He sucks at everything and that includes special teams. He gets flack because he is indeed very very bad.

everything eh? wow that is quite a feat, I didnt know you could suck at everything you do. I mean seriously think of everything he must do in a day or a week or even a year, Thats a whole lot of suck I suppose I mean your right

1.4 sacks in 6 starts

2.31 tackles in 6 starts

Who new someone could suck so bad there first year in a new defense starting 6 games or maybe what sucks is your obvious unwarranted contempt for a player who has the 2nd most sacks on the team this year in limited starts

I will let ya in on what really sucks: paying a Pro Bowl 4-3 RE 14 million dollars who unfortunatelly is a 1 trick magician(yep I said magician and not pony), Hey its a great trick without a doubt and its worked for years but still like any great magician if 1 trick has been figured out then its best to develop new tricks, Besides Hughes role is not Freeneys primary role, Hughes role and skill set is more of what Mathis does and thats rush the passer AND drop back in coverage

We have Vontae Davis. He had a great game today.

But listen to this ......

In the draft last April we chose Coby Fleener. I still think to this day that was a huge miss. We should have taken Janoris Jenkins. We had him right there. We still would have gotten Dwayne Allen in the 3rd round. Coby has disappointed. He's inconsistent. He's injury prone. Janoris has been a ball hawk this season. He's scored a touchdown in each of the last 3 games.

We should have drafted him. Him and Vontae Davis would easily give us a top 5 to 10 CB tandem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I recall this draft well, we were seriously interested in Jenkins, but Rams just "stole" him. But I may mix him up with an other player.

everything eh? wow that is quite a feat, I didnt know you could suck at everything you do. I mean seriously think of everything he must do in a day or a week or even a year, Thats a whole lot of suck I suppose I mean your right

1.4 sacks in 6 starts

2.31 tackles in 6 starts

Who new someone could suck so bad there first year in a new defense starting 6 games or maybe what sucks is your obvious unwarranted contempt for a player who has the 2nd most sacks on the team this year in limited starts

I will let ya in on what really sucks: paying a Pro Bowl 4-3 RE 14 million dollars who unfortunatelly is a 1 trick magician(yep I said magician and not pony), Hey its a great trick without a doubt and its worked for years but still like any great magician if 1 trick has been figured out then its best to develop new tricks, Besides Hughes role is not Freeneys primary role, Hughes role and skill set is more of what Mathis does and thats rush the passer AND drop back in coverage

And you know why he does not start? Because....HE SUCKS! Not some big mystery here. He can't pass Freeney or Mathis both guys who are playing out of position when the 3-4 better suits what he does yet he can not crack the starting lineup unless one of them get hurt.