Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raycolts12

We could have had a top 5 CB tandem

Raycolts12    8

We have Vontae Davis. He had a great game today.

But listen to this ......

In the draft last April we chose Coby Fleener. I still think to this day that was a huge miss. We should have taken Janoris Jenkins. We had him right there. We still would have gotten Dwayne Allen in the 3rd round. Coby has disappointed. He's inconsistent. He's injury prone. Janoris has been a ball hawk this season. He's scored a touchdown in each of the last 3 games.

We should have drafted him. Him and Vontae Davis would easily give us a top 5 to 10 CB tandem.

TKnight24    9,972

OMG!!! LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!!! JANORIS IS NOT BALLING! SIT AND WATCH A RAMS GAME! MOST OF HIS PICKS COME FROM A GOOD PASS RUSH!!! LET IT GO! He's on the Rams. Oh well. Maybe we would've took him if he wasn't such a Criminal off the field.

Gavin    7,030

I look for Coby to get it together as soon as our O Coordinator is shown the door and Coby gets a year under his belt so Im not worried about Coby at this point, I expected a great deal more this year and I also wanted Jenkins or Upshaw over Coby BUT thats not how it happened, NFL is like real life in one respect, Hope for the best, plan for the worst

John Dee    2,441

OMG!!! LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!!! JANORIS IS NOT BALLING! SIT AND WATCH A RAMS GAME! MOST OF HIS PICKS COME FROM A GOOD PASS RUSH!!! LET IT GO! He's on the Rams. Oh well. Maybe we would've took him if he wasn't such a Criminal off the field.

I wouldn't quit call dude a "criminal" .. but I would call him incredibly irresponsible and immature.

Just a player a team really cannot count on.

unitaswestand    587

I think Coby was the right pick. I don't think it is fair to judge him right now. The lack of blocking by the OLine has hurt him, and being hurt set him back as well. I would imagine he will more and more be the target of passes.

TKnight24    9,972

I wouldn't quit call dude a "criminal" .. but I would call him incredibly irresponsible and immature.

Just a player a team really cannot count on.

Maybe criminal is a bit harsh but you get the point lol

Balzer40    4,236

I agree, don't understand the we coulda, woulda, stuff. It doesn't matter!

Boiler_Colt    1,832

There was no guarantee Allen was going to be there in the third at the time. The cupboard was bare at the TE position. We targeted Casey Hayward with our third who would have been great here as well but that's just the way the draft works.

John Dee    2,441

Indy is around 35m under the cap next season. I totally expect Indy to bring in a CB, maybe a couple OLmen, and in the draft I go D all the way.

It will work out.

Smonroe    7,572

We have Vontae Davis. He had a great game today.

But listen to this ......

In the draft last April we chose Coby Fleener. I still think to this day that was a huge miss. We should have taken Janoris Jenkins. We had him right there. We still would have gotten Dwayne Allen in the 3rd round. Coby has disappointed. He's inconsistent. He's injury prone. Janoris has been a ball hawk this season. He's scored a touchdown in each of the last 3 games.

We should have drafted him. Him and Vontae Davis would easily give us a top 5 to 10 CB tandem.

Okay. First you invent a time machine...

TKnight24    9,972

I agree, don't understand the we coulda, woulda, stuff. It doesn't matter!

Its cause people make it seem like Fleener is the worst draft pick ever. I don't understand it

Hans Moleman    577

Enough with the buyer's remorse. Fleener addressed a need, has improved as the season's gone on, and has helped us win. He's not done improving.

It's not like we had only one hole last offseason, he was a luxury pick, or he's been losing us games.

Warhorse    3,457

You can't say m-o-r-o-n here? What a joke this forum is.

Because the term you mentioned would likely be used at another poster, which if you have read the rules, you would likely know.

ryano    35

Because the term you mentioned would likely be used at another poster, which if you have read the rules, you would likely know.

Look I understand editing out cuss words, but I was describing a play. I mean, really.

Superman    27,154

I think Coby was the right pick. I don't think it is fair to judge him right now. The lack of blocking by the OLine has hurt him, and being hurt set him back as well. I would imagine he will more and more be the target of passes.

Whether you like the Fleener pick or not, based on Grigson's comments, Jenkins likely wasn't on the Colts draft board, period.

BProland85    1,462

I look for Coby to get it together as soon as our O Coordinator is shown the door and Coby gets a year under his belt so Im not worried about Coby at this point, I expected a great deal more this year and I also wanted Jenkins or Upshaw over Coby BUT thats not how it happened, NFL is like real life in one respect, Hope for the best, plan for the worst

Do you think Arians is going somewhere? I for one wouldnt mind a new OC since I dont feel we are balanced enough and are calling too many deep passing plays resulting in INTs.

CR91    5,248

people just want everything to happen early. fleener isnt having the greatest season, but everyone is forgetting one things. HES A ROOKIE! we are blessed to have rookies playing well because as the old sang goes the number of rookies you start the more games you lose. have patience people. 4 out of 5 rookies playing well. ill take it.

CR91    5,248

Nmandi asomugha

hes lost a step. hes not the same corner he was in oakland

Superman    27,154

No thanks!!! He's been getting burnt for 2 straight seasons now.

Have you watched the Eagles play? I've heard this comment regurgitated over the past few weeks, and I disagree. He's not as good as he was for a while in Oakland, but he's still good in man coverage. The Eagles have been doing some strange things on defense the past couple of years, and their corners have suffered, but Nnamdi is still a good cover man, and would help our secondary tremendously. For a reasonable price, I'd love to have him.

Warhorse    3,457

Look I understand editing out cuss words, but I was describing a play. I mean, really.

It is unfortunate the there has to be a language filter. There is no way to determine the use of a word....the software will only filter out the word itself.

CR91    5,248

hes lost a step. hes not the same corner he was in oakland

i think its more then just playing zone. if the eagles understood he doesnt excel at zone coverage why would they continue to make him do it

Superman    27,154

i think its more then just playing zone. if the eagles understood he doesnt excel at zone coverage why would they continue to make him do it

You do understand that the Eagles have been a train wreck the past two seasons, right? You could ask that question about a lot of the decisions Andy Reid has made here recently, and that's part of the reason he'll likely be unemployed in a few weeks.

We could have a top pass rush if jerry hughes wasn't awful. Actually awful doesn't come close to how bad he is.It is what it is. I fully expect Fleener to become a dynamic receiving threat in time. He and Allen will become a great tandem.

CR91    5,248

You do understand that the Eagles have been a train wreck the past two seasons, right? You could ask that question about a lot of the decisions Andy Reid has made here recently, and that's part of the reason he'll likely be unemployed in a few weeks.

i understand, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to change the scheme to what your best defensive player does best.

NewColtsFan    12,956

I appreciate that there are plenty here not happy with Fleener. Heck, I'm a Stanford fan and I'm not happy with him. I'm also not happy with the way we're using him.

And I know watching Jenkins play well makes things doubly frustrating.

But I find it interesting that what has happened the last two weeks (in Dallas and in Kansas City) it doesn't seem to occur to the big Jenkins crowd that either of those stories could happen to Janoris Jenkins. Why do you think everyone passed him in the 1st round?

The NFL Scouts/GM's know the kid can play. They also know that off the field, he's a disaster just waiting to happen. When Jenkins implodes, you'll be glad we didn't take him.

I'm also fascinated at fans who think that what they see with a rookie is what they're going to see from him every year for the rest of his career. He'll get better folks. He'll get better and we'll get better at how we use him. If Allen and Fleener aren't catching at least 100 passes a year between them, then we're not using them right. Too late for that this year. But perhaps next year?

Balzer40    4,236

Have you watched the Eagles play? I've heard this comment regurgitated over the past few weeks, and I disagree. He's not as good as he was for a while in Oakland, but he's still good in man coverage. The Eagles have been doing some strange things on defense the past couple of years, and their corners have suffered, but Nnamdi is still a good cover man, and would help our secondary tremendously. For a reasonable price, I'd love to have him.

I haven't seen some of their games, but the one's I have seen, he has been burnt repeatably. He most definitely is not the same player he was in Oakland. Maybe it's scheme related, but for the money he would cost and his age now, I wouldn't want no part of him here.