Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We could have had a top 5 CB tandem

Raycolts12

We have Vontae Davis. He had a great game today.

But listen to this ......

In the draft last April we chose Coby Fleener. I still think to this day that was a huge miss. We should have taken Janoris Jenkins. We had him right there. We still would have gotten Dwayne Allen in the 3rd round. Coby has disappointed. He's inconsistent. He's injury prone. Janoris has been a ball hawk this season. He's scored a touchdown in each of the last 3 games.

We should have drafted him. Him and Vontae Davis would easily give us a top 5 to 10 CB tandem.

I look for Coby to get it together as soon as our O Coordinator is shown the door and Coby gets a year under his belt so Im not worried about Coby at this point, I expected a great deal more this year and I also wanted Jenkins or Upshaw over Coby BUT thats not how it happened, NFL is like real life in one respect, Hope for the best, plan for the worst

OMG!!! LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!!! JANORIS IS NOT BALLING! SIT AND WATCH A RAMS GAME! MOST OF HIS PICKS COME FROM A GOOD PASS RUSH!!! LET IT GO! He's on the Rams. Oh well. Maybe we would've took him if he wasn't such a Criminal off the field.

I wouldn't quit call dude a "criminal" .. but I would call him incredibly irresponsible and immature.

Just a player a team really cannot count on.

OMG!!! LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!!! JANORIS IS NOT BALLING! SIT AND WATCH A RAMS GAME! MOST OF HIS PICKS COME FROM A GOOD PASS RUSH!!! LET IT GO! He's on the Rams. Oh well. Maybe we would've took him if he wasn't such a Criminal off the field.

I agree, don't understand the we coulda, woulda, stuff. It doesn't matter!

We have Vontae Davis. He had a great game today.

But listen to this ......

In the draft last April we chose Coby Fleener. I still think to this day that was a huge miss. We should have taken Janoris Jenkins. We had him right there. We still would have gotten Dwayne Allen in the 3rd round. Coby has disappointed. He's inconsistent. He's injury prone. Janoris has been a ball hawk this season. He's scored a touchdown in each of the last 3 games.

We should have drafted him. Him and Vontae Davis would easily give us a top 5 to 10 CB tandem.

Okay. First you invent a time machine...

I think Coby was the right pick. I don't think it is fair to judge him right now. The lack of blocking by the OLine has hurt him, and being hurt set him back as well. I would imagine he will more and more be the target of passes.

Whether you like the Fleener pick or not, based on Grigson's comments, Jenkins likely wasn't on the Colts draft board, period.

I look for Coby to get it together as soon as our O Coordinator is shown the door and Coby gets a year under his belt so Im not worried about Coby at this point, I expected a great deal more this year and I also wanted Jenkins or Upshaw over Coby BUT thats not how it happened, NFL is like real life in one respect, Hope for the best, plan for the worst

Do you think Arians is going somewhere? I for one wouldnt mind a new OC since I dont feel we are balanced enough and are calling too many deep passing plays resulting in INTs.

people just want everything to happen early. fleener isnt having the greatest season, but everyone is forgetting one things. HES A ROOKIE! we are blessed to have rookies playing well because as the old sang goes the number of rookies you start the more games you lose. have patience people. 4 out of 5 rookies playing well. ill take it.

No thanks!!! He's been getting burnt for 2 straight seasons now.

Have you watched the Eagles play? I've heard this comment regurgitated over the past few weeks, and I disagree. He's not as good as he was for a while in Oakland, but he's still good in man coverage. The Eagles have been doing some strange things on defense the past couple of years, and their corners have suffered, but Nnamdi is still a good cover man, and would help our secondary tremendously. For a reasonable price, I'd love to have him.

i think its more then just playing zone. if the eagles understood he doesnt excel at zone coverage why would they continue to make him do it

You do understand that the Eagles have been a train wreck the past two seasons, right? You could ask that question about a lot of the decisions Andy Reid has made here recently, and that's part of the reason he'll likely be unemployed in a few weeks.

You do understand that the Eagles have been a train wreck the past two seasons, right? You could ask that question about a lot of the decisions Andy Reid has made here recently, and that's part of the reason he'll likely be unemployed in a few weeks.

i understand, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to change the scheme to what your best defensive player does best.

I appreciate that there are plenty here not happy with Fleener. Heck, I'm a Stanford fan and I'm not happy with him. I'm also not happy with the way we're using him.

And I know watching Jenkins play well makes things doubly frustrating.

But I find it interesting that what has happened the last two weeks (in Dallas and in Kansas City) it doesn't seem to occur to the big Jenkins crowd that either of those stories could happen to Janoris Jenkins. Why do you think everyone passed him in the 1st round?

The NFL Scouts/GM's know the kid can play. They also know that off the field, he's a disaster just waiting to happen. When Jenkins implodes, you'll be glad we didn't take him.

I'm also fascinated at fans who think that what they see with a rookie is what they're going to see from him every year for the rest of his career. He'll get better folks. He'll get better and we'll get better at how we use him. If Allen and Fleener aren't catching at least 100 passes a year between them, then we're not using them right. Too late for that this year. But perhaps next year?

Have you watched the Eagles play? I've heard this comment regurgitated over the past few weeks, and I disagree. He's not as good as he was for a while in Oakland, but he's still good in man coverage. The Eagles have been doing some strange things on defense the past couple of years, and their corners have suffered, but Nnamdi is still a good cover man, and would help our secondary tremendously. For a reasonable price, I'd love to have him.

I haven't seen some of their games, but the one's I have seen, he has been burnt repeatably. He most definitely is not the same player he was in Oakland. Maybe it's scheme related, but for the money he would cost and his age now, I wouldn't want no part of him here.