Denver at Baltimore - 1 p.m. EST

oldunclemark

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll know who I'm picking....

peyton-manning.jpg

wil say 1 thing Broncos need Kuper back strong or pass rush right through RaMIrez

Woodyard too , to tackle Rice

From a different posst

2 articles

Broncos-Ravens: Top priority for Denver is improving pass protection

From It

Of Manning's 19 sacks this season, 17 have come with Kuper not in the lineup and Manny Ramirez on the field in place of the Broncos' offensive captain.

((( to me thats more than miscommunication as Fox Says in the article, to me thats a Ramirez problem )))

Read more:Broncos-Ravens: Top priority for Denver is improving pass protection - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2ESUnVaBd

=======================

Opposing defenses learning it's worth risk to pressure Peyton Manning

interesting article on teams getting to & sacking peyton of late

Read more:Opposing defenses learning it's worth risk to pressure Peyton Manning - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz2EPhviC

If it's bad weather, that'll help the broncos imo. I trust Manning in bad conditions more than I do Flacco. I see the Broncos D making Flacco turn it over at least 3 times if not more in the win.

Peyton Manning almost never plays in bad weather....Joe Flacco plays in it all the time late in the season

I'm thinking the Broncos. The Ravens has so many injuries and just got two more: Marshal Yanda and Jameel McClain. I don't know what the coaching change does to them, and they are desperate. I still like our chances though. It'll be a good test.

Four More Starters Added To Injury List

LB Marshal Yanda and RG Jameel McClain.

actually Rice & leach as well to a degree also injured

The Ravens could potentially get lb's Suggs, Lewis, Ellerbe and TE Dickson back for next Sunday's game against Denver.

http://www.baltimore...0b-28bfac52c4c1

\

also Broncos sogn Tackle off practice squad ,. what does that mean for Kuper ?? or amyone else on OL , or just filling a spot ??

Cornick, Paul 6'6" 300 lbs rookie

no article but just picture with caption at practice

http://www.denverbro...db-88a41e253f61

Observing, but not fully participating in practice Monday was linebacker Wesley Woodyard and right guard Chris Kuper.

(( WEE NEED BOTH < ESP KUPER TO PROTECT PEYTON < NUT WOODYARD TO TACKLE RICE TOO ))

Both starters missed the game against the Raiders because of ankle injuries

The Broncos hope both players will be available to play against the Ravens.

Read more:Broncos' playoff seed hinges on Texans-Pats on Monday, Ravens on Sunday - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2EgK6kL00

analyisis

Broncos Pass Blocking Efficiency

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/12/10/3751308/stat-snip-broncos-pass-blocking-efficiency

Well I say the Broncos will win because there new coach is Jim Caldwell . :funny:

Well, that's good! He's that bad, yeh?

also Broncos sogn Tackle off practice squad ,. what does that mean for Kuper ?? or amyone else on OL , or just filling a spot ??

Cornick, Paul 6'6" 300 lbs rookie

no article but just picture with caption at practice

http://www.denverbro...db-88a41e253f61

Observing, but not fully participating in practice Monday was linebacker Wesley Woodyard and right guard Chris Kuper.

(( WEE NEED BOTH < ESP KUPER TO PROTECT PEYTON < NUT WOODYARD TO TACKLE RICE TOO ))

Both starters missed the game against the Raiders because of ankle injuries

The Broncos hope both players will be available to play against the Ravens.

We had a practice spot open as Dallas signed Darrion Weems off our squad to active roster.

I'm not too worried about Woodyard but I'm reasnably worried about Kuper. I think it's the same ankle that had a gruesome injury which ended his season last year. We really, really need him to be healthy.

Well, that's good! He's that bad, yeh?

We had a practice spot open as Dallas signed Darrion Weems off our squad to active roster.

I'm not too worried about Woodyard but I'm reasnably worried about Kuper. I think it's the same ankle that had a gruesome injury which ended his season last year. We really, really need him to be healthy.

i just reread the picture caption, before I thought it said signed to active rooster, nit practice squad, ME BAD

Caldwell, who had been the team’s quarterbacks coach, takes over the play-calling duties for the first time in his 35 years of coaching experience

That means there isn’t a lot of tape that can speak to his tendancies as a play-caller for the Broncos to study as they prepare for a Week 15 game with major playoff seeding implications

“It’s hard to say because we haven’t seen what Jimmy’s going to do,” Head Coach John Fox said. “I wouldn’t suspect them to change a whole lot. Again, in one week, they’re not going to make wholesale changes. Again, that’s something we’ll look at.”

Caldwell and Manning left the Colts for the Ravens and Broncos respectively.

The Broncos defense could benefit from some of that familiarity with the absence of Caldwell’s play-calling history.

“He’ll give us some insight on what goes on there, but Peyton, he’s going to stay on the offense,” linebackerWesley Woodyard said.

“He’s got a big job already getting the offense taken care of but he’s definitely the guy that always spreads wisdom on everything that he sees and knows.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/New-Offensive-Coordinator-Awaits-Broncos-in-Baltimore/02e38f2e-a6ea-4878-91a0-18253bd187e0

If the Broncos want to prove they belong in the elite class of the AFC, they have to beat Baltimore in Baltimore, something the Patriots barely fell short of. How they do it, can be entirely up to them.

A win is a win, even it is by a FG.

I'm expecting a Broncos win 24-17 or 24-20, something like that. It wont be high scoring, like the Pats-Ravens game with weather playing a role in it.

If the Broncos want to prove they belong in the elite class of the AFC, they have to beat Baltimore in Baltimore, something the Patriots barely fell short of. How they do it, can be entirely up to them.

A win is a win, even it is by a FG.

I'm expecting a Broncos win 24-17 or 24-20, something like that. It wont be high scoring, like the Pats-Ravens game with weather playing a role in it.

agree, wonder what weather is like , here is prediction ,i dont like the rain, hope broncos can hold onto a wet ball & catch them

its beautiful up untill then so maybe a day off in the prediction of rain would work

high 51 degrees high, 49 low

Showers

CHANCE OF RAIN: 50% WIND: SE at 8 mph

http://www.weather.c...D USMD0018:1:US

Sun

Dec 16

Mostly cloudy, rain possible52°Lo 36°

3 articles all with videos & a 4th I repeat from another post to show a point made in the 3rd artcilcle

Are Broncos built to win on road in playoffs?

The Broncos are in pretty good shape ( @ QB ) there with a future Hall of Famer.

The question with that is really are they good enough to survive, on the road, in the playoffs, if Peyton Manning isn't at his best?

They certainly don't want to find that out, but this group of Broncos is still largely an unproven commodity against the league's elite.

But those three losses were all in the first five weeks of the season when Manning was still settling into the team's offense and the team's defense was still trying to work through Jack

Del Rio's scheme in his first season as defensive coordinator.

And in two of the games — Atlanta and Houston — the Broncos, despite their wobbles, were still within one third-down stop of getting the ball back to Manning with plenty of time on the clock in what were six-point losses.

The loss to the Patriots is the one that is a red flag. The Broncos defense was not up to the task, on the road, of dealing with no-huddle offense and couldn't stop the Patriots from running the ball against their nickel defense in particular.

And those, coincidentally, are two things they'll likely have to deal with in Baltimore on Sunday. So, their trip to Baltimore isn't a must-win in a go-to-the-playoffs sense, but there is something to be earned. A little playoff cred, perhaps.

Because, as Mike Shanahan has always said, there is a big difference between just going to the playoffs and "being able to do something special once you're there."

Read more:Question lingers in NFL: Are Broncos built to win on road in playoffs? - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...d#ixzz2Epg4IcEb

Peyton Manning gives Broncos a different view of Baltimore

The Broncos are 0-for-Baltimore since the Browns became the Ravens, but this time they bring Peyton Manning along for the ride.

This season the Ravens have allowed more than 30 points in a game three times, four opposing quarterbacks have topped 300 yards passing and four teams have rushed for at least 170 yards against them.

"We know we have to be clutch in these last few games," Ravens linebacker Paul Kruger said. "(Manning) is definitely a challenge. He's done it for a long time now. He's seen everything, but we know we have our destiny in our own hands. We just have to make it happen."

Reed said the Ravens have played well at times — he pointed to the team's No. 10 ranking in points allowed. The issue has been inconsistency.

Read more:Peyton Manning gives Broncos a different view of Baltimore - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2EphtRdY1

Ravens have made the call to pick up the pace on offense vs. Broncos

Ravens coach John Harbaugh fired Cam Cameronon Monday and promoted quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell. And what that means for the Broncos is they better get ready to work fast.

( HE DID IT RIGHT IN PRE SEASON AT LEAST SEE last article from BELOW )

Look at the Ravens game video this season and see what quarterback Joe Flacco was doing in the no-huddle early in the year, and it's easy to discern Harbaugh wouldn't make this move unless he wanted to get back to that pace on offense.

The Ravens were playing a steady diet of no-huddle early in the season, including Flacco's 382-yard, three-touchdown day against the Patriots in the Ravens' 31-30 victory over New England. Working at the quicker pace, Flacco had passing days of 299, 382 and 356 yards among his first four games of the season.

The Ravens brought Caldwell, Peyton Manning's former quarterbacks coach in Indianapolis, on board to add no-huddle concepts to the team's playbook and help Flacco learn to play it.

So, the Ravens aren't moving to the read option by promoting him to call plays.

No, it's pretty clear they want to step on the accelerator a little bit.

The loss in Washington on Sunday, when they used a slower, walk-around no-huddle for only a smattering of plays, was the sixth time since Flacco's hot start that he has thrown for fewer than 200 yards in the Ravens' last nine games.

Caldwell also figures to involve running back Ray Rice more. Rice is among the league leaders in yards from scrimmage, but he still has eight games this season when he's had 18 or fewer carries in the run game, four games with 13 carries or less.

And add all of that up for the Broncos and think New England, at least a little bit.

The Ravens use plenty of two-back looks on offense, but they also line both Rice and fullback Vonta Leach up as receivers, along the line of scrimmage, in many of those looks. So, that's a difficult choice for a defense, to get enough players on the field who can handle coverage, but also strong enough physically if the Ravens quickly motion the fullback off the line of scrimmage back into the backfield to then have Rice run the ball with a traditional lead blocker.

when they ( BRONCOS ) put a personnel ( defensive ) grouping out to start a drive, it may have to be one they're willing to live with for the rest of the possession. Because if the Ravens pick up the pace, the Broncos won't be able to get to their specialty looks as much as they would like to.

Read more:Ravens have made the call to pick up the pace on offense vs. Broncos - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2Epin7eXB

from Ravens Web site this was a preseason article

The Ravens’ hurry-up, no-huddle offense is the rage

the hurry-up has been influenced by Quarterbacks Coach Jim Caldwell.

Caldwell, quarterback Peyton Manning and the Colts often used the hurry-up offense in Indianapolis.

“Jim’s brought some nuances,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “He’s brought a tempo or two we didn’t have before, just some methodology, I think, to it that he’s really added.”

Harbaugh said quarterback Joe Flacco has really advanced in his ability to read a team’s defense. Now he can walk up to the line a lot of times with only a few play options, and can make the choice based on what he sees.

Harbaugh said the offensive change is “very much quarterback driven.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Notebook-Jim-Caldwell-Impacting-Hurry-Up-Offense/d2c9daee-2504-4c2d-b5a7-4338d9a8258c

This game is going to be a struggle either way. The Broncos have looked good but not great during their current streak, but all that truly matters is the W/L. They will need to do a better job on red zone possessions than they did against the Raiders. The Ravens are not a bunch of clowns (like Oakland) who will hurt themselves at critical moments with boneheaded penalties and breakdowns. Smaller margin for error there, so we'll see what happens.

Because the game is in Baltimore, and because the Ravens are desperate after losing two straight (and throw in any emotional lift they get from Suggs/Lewis)... I'm leaning toward Baltimore in this one. Something like 24-20.

This game is going to be a struggle either way. The Broncos have looked good but not great during their current streak, but all that truly matters is the W/L. They will need to do a better job on red zone possessions than they did against the Raiders. The Ravens are not a bunch of clowns (like Oakland) who will hurt themselves at critical moments with boneheaded penalties and breakdowns. Smaller margin for error there, so we'll see what happens.

Because the game is in Baltimore, and because the Ravens are desperate after losing two straight (and throw in any emotional lift they get from Suggs/Lewis)... I'm leaning toward Baltimore in this one. Something like 24-20.

fully understand Viewpoint, Red zone efficiency needs to be better than last game, alot of that is if Kuper returns and his effectiveness as Ramirez just lets defenders in and if remember rght allowed 2 sacks while in red zone on 3rd downs last week as well as multiple uncovered personell often pressure peyton or get moreno right after the hand off in fact the IT came on pressure and a hit on Peytons arm in act of throwing so under thrown while in the red zone

Rice must also be contained

Ravens as u said are desperate and if does rain as they project I think that also may favor ravens

Thanks for your viewpoint

fully understand Viewpoint, Red zone efficiency needs to be better than last game, alot of that is if Kuper returns and his effectiveness as Ramirez just lets defenders in and if remember rght allowed 2 sacks while in red zone on 3rd downs last week as well as multiple uncovered personell often pressure peyton or get moreno right after the hand off in fact the IT came on pressure and a hit on Peytons arm in act of throwing so under thrown while in the red zone

Rice must also be contained

Ravens as u said are desperate and if does rain as they project I think that also may favor ravens

Thanks for your viewpoint

At this point I'm not sure who, as a Pats fan, I want to root for though... the Patriots have the head-to-head edge against Denver and the one-game lead on the Ravens, so either way the results will be good for New England. Either Baltimore (who has the head-to-head edge on the Pats) goes two games back or Denver goes one.

The Patriots have the 49ers Sunday night, so it's definitely possible that all three teams (Broncos, Ravens, Patriots) are going to be 10-4 after this weekend.

At this point I'm not sure who, as a Pats fan, I want to root for though... the Patriots have the head-to-head edge against Denver and the one-game lead on the Ravens, so either way the results will be good for New England. Either Baltimore (who has the head-to-head edge on the Pats) goes two games back or Denver goes one.

The Patriots have the 49ers Sunday night, so it's definitely possible that all three teams (Broncos, Ravens, Patriots) are going to be 10-4 after this weekend.

with 49'rs at Pats home, yes they have a great d & linebackers to maybe cover the TE right, but welker so quick for fast hits and BB great at adjustment, dont know weather and yes san fran weather not great either but has san fran been use to night national games & weather and I still dont trust the QB change in of 49'rs , should have a good game but think Pats win but of course anything can happen and ref calls can determine game as we have seen to many times this year and already I think affected some seeding just cant re,member which at this time

At least this coming weekend I can watch the game, last Sunday & monday couldnt though at first planned too , but , I had 9 AM med appointments with drs and first had to meet wheel chjair van an hr earlier for mom so I cant always stay i up late

I just hope the Docs dont cjhange appointments , I had 3 this week that all were original;ly next week and thats what stopped me from watching night games, I dont get it, I never did that to patients save for when my pop passed and if a surgery was rescheduled do to a heart replacing an ankle in importance or some such thing out of my control so if had to change the surgery time from early am to later of course had to change patient time but never by a week , usually same day or next ,

Now seems like my profession has really changed and I am at the whim of changes way to often & when dealing with my & moms issues it makes it doubly hard , but u just have to take it if want the best Drs available and luckily some of ours are best in country, one even has patients fly in from italy for him

with 49'rs at Pats home, yes they have a great d & linebackers to maybe cover the TE right, but welker so quick for fast hits and BB great at adjustment, dont know weather and yes san fran not great either but has san fran been use to night national games and I still dont trust the QB change in of 49'rs should have a ggod game but think Pats win but of course anything can happen and ref calls can determine game as we have seen to many times this year and already I think affected some seeding jkust cant re,member which at this time

At least this weekend I can watch the game, last Sunday & monday couldnt , I had 9 AM med appointments with drs and first had to meet wheel chjair van an hr earlier for mom so I cant always stay i up late

I just hope the Docs dont cjhange appointments , I had 3 this week that all were original;ly next week, I dont get it, I never did that to patients save for when my pop passed and if a surgery was rescheduled do to a heart replacing an ankle in importance or some such thing out of my control so if had to change the surgery time from early am to later of course had to change patient time but never by a week , usually same day or next ,

Now seems like my profession has really changed and I am at the whim of changes way to often & when dealing with my & moms issues it makes it doubly hard , but u just have to take it if want the best Drs available and luckily some of ours are best in country, one even has patients fly in from italy for him

San Fran will be another big test, especially coming only 6 days after Houston, and again in prime time. The 49ers have the personnel to give NE some problems, but we'll have to see what Harbaugh comes up with.

That really stinks about your appointments... probably indicative of how the profession is these days. I ended up waiting until 3:15 yesterday afternoon to be seen for a 2:00 appointment to have an elbow looked at. Nothing urgent, of course, so I didn't whine or gripe about it, but I don't think there are a lot of other industries where clients/customers would tolerate that!

San Fran will be another big test, especially coming only 6 days after Houston, and again in prime time. The 49ers have the personnel to give NE some problems, but we'll have to see what Harbaugh comes up with.

That really stinks about your appointments... probably indicative of how the profession is these days. I ended up waiting until 3:15 yesterday afternoon to be seen for a 2:00 appointment to have an elbow looked at. Nothing urgent, of course, so I didn't whine or gripe about it, but I don't think there are a lot of other industries where clients/customers would tolerate that!

If i didnt get to a one of my patienta appointment within 15 minutes of it I got heck from my office manager, of course that was in the early 1980's

& yes I hate waiting to for appointments especially when u r first of the Day & the Dr is rude enough not to come in ontime

another issue I have is i always had my staff in 1 hr before appointments started to set up the palce take calls, dio whatever comes up

I have 1 dr that starts at 7 or 9 am pending thje day, his staff never gets there till 10 minutes before and refuse to let u in till office hrs start, great u are in a running car in winter with heat on sometimes for long time as if snowed out then u left extra earlty and may have got there faster than expected ,. to me that's unbelievable . maybe its cost savings I dont know

HE , doesnt take insurance as of last year too but i been witrh him since 1988 when disabled and he got me to right high powered specialists but i have to see him every 6 weeks for surgical implant of some medicine so the money adds up, besides other appointments with him if needed but hes to good and specialized in what he does and pulled me threw many a bad time so u stay if can pay., a large portion of his patients are drs so that tells u how he is regarded

Ray Rice Reacts To Offensive Coordinator Change

I think he’ll be a great fit for us,” Rice said. “He has the respect of the players. Obviously we know what he did with Peyton Manning, and obviously we respect that. At the same time, we got some talent on this team. Coach Caldwell brought in some creative ideas that we’ve already adapted and we’ll just continue to work on the fundamentals right now and get better.”

One of the philosophies that Caldwell has supported is the use of the up-tempo, no-huddle offense, which the Ravens have used at times this year. Caldwell said that he will not institute any kind of system change within the offense, but it’s unknown whether he will look to use more of the no-huddle.

It’s time for us to get with Coach Caldwell, whatever he wants us to do, and let him dial it up."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Rice-Reacts-To-Offensive-Coordinator-Change/d5e2dece-6f9b-4087-9320-f876046a1b67