Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very concerned about Luck's safety

oldunclemark

I been saying that same thing since the moment we picked up Satele, Mcglynn, Justice (even though he was out today) plus Castonzo just isn not our LT of the future. The O Line has to be rebuilt, Most of our O Linemen were drafted for a Zone Blockig scheme by other teams, The only current draft pick we have that was drafted for Man blocking was Anderson, A shame we lost Hicks to pretending Olsen was our starting Guard instead of bringing up Hicks and letting him try to get into a groove starting or st least on the active 53

But has anyone but Costanzo..even played ever game so far...

hard to evaluate off an ever changing lineup

Denver's OL isn't any thing magical. Man for man they might be better, but it's not like they are some elite group of all-pros. Manning has had time to throw on ocassion, but there are times that he is rushed just like he would be here.

Just one last word the ole man doesn't hang on to the ball for ever in a day just throws it away if need be. JMO of course. He has taken some hits but I don't think he has taken as many as Luck had to endure today. again jmo

But has anyone but Costanzo..even played ever game so far...

hard to evaluate off an ever changing lineup

The same problems seen with

Satele today (playing off balance, getting overpowered at the point of attack plagued him Oakland.

Mcglynn is better suited for a Zone Blocking scheme if we are going to insist he play Guard(I think he has RT potential)-He is agile, not a mauler, He also gets to high in his stance in my opinion

Reitz is the same way exactly.

Castonzo struggles to stay engaged with his defender at times and seems to get overpowered by bigger D Linemen. Justiceslow feet, he has power for sure but his feet get in the way of his talent sometimes which sometimes in my opinon leads defenders to be able to get disengaged from him sometimes.

Linkenbach-A much better Guard then Tackle(I dont see why not many see that) also sometimes struggles to stay engaged with his defender and does not have the feet to play RT

I dont think its as hard as some make it seem. Ya take your best blockers in practice try them in a game if they crap out in a game and others do good in a game then you go with what works in a game

Just one last word the ole man doesn't hang on to the ball for ever in a day just throws it away if need be. JMO of course. He has taken some hits but I don't think he has taken as many as Luck had to endure today. again jmo

Agreed and the #'s at NFL.com back that up, I do think Luck will learn to get rid of the ball quicker when he gets on page with all his receivers more

The same problems seen with

Satele today (playing off balance, getting overpowered at the point of attack plagued him Oakland.

Mcglynn is better suited for a Zone Blocking scheme if we are going to insist he play Guard(I think he has RT potential)-He is agile, not a mauler, He also gets to high in his stance in my opinion

Reitz is the same way exactly.

Castonzo struggles to stay engaged with his defender at times and seems to get overpowered by bigger D Linemen. Justiceslow feet, he has power for sure but his feet get in the way of his talent sometimes which sometimes in my opinon leads defenders to be able to get disengaged from him sometimes.

Linkenbach-A much better Guard then Tackle(I dont see why not many see that) also sometimes struggles to stay engaged with his defender and does not have the feet to play RT

I dont think its as hard as some make it seem. Ya take your best blockers in practice try them in a game if they crap out in a game and others do good in a game then you go with what works in a game

But our GM..who is an offensive linemen....may or may not agree...

If its as simple and obvious as you say.... Ryan Grigson.....may already know much of this...right?

I don think O-line skills are absolute..they change and can graduate or downgrade..maybe Grigson hoped to improve them

This is his particular area of expertise

But it could just be a case of...this is what we have .....they have not gotten better beacuse they dont play together that often..

..and we hope to get them healthy in 3 weeks to do the best THEY can...be at least capable in january

Agreed and the #'s at NFL.com back that up, I do think Luck will learn to get rid of the ball quicker when he gets on page with all his receivers more

I agree completely Gavin that is a rookie thing and comes with more time in the NFL I just hope with this o-line he doesn't get hurt. One can only take so many hits like he took today. Know what I mean? Everything takes time and getting on the same page as receivers as you said. :thmup: When that is done his throws won't be nearly as high and more on target.

Oh I agree. He's in a better scheme and he's much more decisive with his reads as he should be. That comes with 7500 pass attempts. I want to say I saw the stat where he had his 70th 300 yard game on Thursday night. That made me curious as to how many games Leaf even played in. 25. I thought that was crazy.

Oh I agree. He's in a better scheme and he's much more decisive with his reads as he should be. That comes with 7500 pass attempts. I want to say I saw the stat where he had his 70th 300 yard game on Thursday night. That made me curious as to how many games Leaf even played in. 25. I thought that was crazy.

There that will give you something to look for this week. haha

Luck is a big strong guy, but the hits he was taking today can get anybody hurt. He got up slow a couple of times today, the beatings are starting to add up. He's been taking some big shots all season, but today was a whole new level of beating, this can't go on. we did make some adjustments at halftime and started using the draw plays and that helped. We have got to use screen passes and draw play from the beginning of games all the way through, not just as a form of relief from a terrible beating.