Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very concerned about Luck's safety

oldunclemark

Andrew Luck git hit harder Sunday than Manny Pacquiao did Saturday night...

If we cant steady the line a bit....he's about to get knocked out....

He likes to hold the ball like Big Ben and make plays....

......I'm not saying I know what to do at this point......

But he's being twisted and pulled in more ways than Gumby...

..any ideas?

I only see injecting him with Adamantium as our only option. followed by our oline being seriously embarrased and play their butt off. or BA stops calling plays. its weird, second half was pretty good imo, first...not so much. not sure what changed at the half?

I only see injecting him with Adamantium as our only option. followed by our oline being seriously embarrased and play their butt off. or BA stops calling plays. its weird, second half was pretty good imo, first...not so much. not sure what changed at the half?

Well I'm wondering if Pagano in the locker room at half maybe he gave Arians some suggestions . :) Just my thoughts and they are usually wrong. :funny:

Well I'm wondering if Pagano in the locker room at half maybe he gave Arians some suggestions . :) Just my thoughts and they are usually wrong. :funny:

was thinking same thing. I would have walked in and slapped him with the clip board. what the heck you doing out there trying to get our franchise qb hurt?!?

Just glad its not rg3

dont take that negatively but rg3 has been knocked out of games twice Luck is a big kid who can take shots

You can be as tough as you want but you keep taking that number of hits and it will catch up in you eventually.

One bad hit can take anyone out, so yes I'm concerned that scheme exposes him so much with our tissue paper O line.

On TV, they put up a scary stat in the 1st half... these are seasonal stats, not game stats...

The Colts are 8th overall in allowing sacks.... but if that's not bad enough...

The Colts are 1st (meaning worst) in the number of times Luck is hit.... and...

The Colts are 1st (meaning worst) in the number of times Luck is pressured....

Add that to a wildly inconsistent running game and it made me a very worried Colts/Luck fan today.... Very...

We're not going to change at this late date.... but this will be a HUGE topic for fans on this website this off-season.... Huge!!

He's a pocket passer and not a running quarterback there is zero chance he could suffer an injury.

Oh wait. Manning & Brady suffered their injuries in the pocket...

that's blown a little out of proportion. the game is reffed to protect pocket passers, which helps explain why a guy like manning can play 13 years without missing a start. but guys like vick & edgerrin james suffered major injuries early in their careers

i am worried about luck too. but i'd be a lot more worried about griffin if i were a skins fan

was thinking same thing. I would have walked in and slapped him with the clip board. what the heck you doing out there trying to get our franchise qb hurt?!?

It's somewhat reassuring to know we have Stanton on Standby. Gotta admit, he's probably the best back-up we've had in recent years.

Im very worried about Luck's health too. This O-line........

I dont want to sound negative nancy. Im happy as heck we won but this O-line is very concerning. They've been bad all season in pass protection but this was just crazy how awful they were today. Does not give you good feelings for the Texan game next week with JJ Watt coming after Luck.

On TV, they put up a scary stat in the 1st half... these are seasonal stats, not game stats...

Add that to a wildly inconsistent running game and it made me a very worried Colts/Luck fan today.... Very...

We're not going to change at this late date.... but this will be a HUGE topic for fans on this website this off-season.... Huge!!

I saw that NCF.......that was frightening.....and you are 100% right.....there's nobody to 'go get' this late.....

Lioke JWF says.......I just hope we're realistic at Houston next week....One bad smackdown next week in Texas and our season is over

Oline is very disconcerting. I don't care how tough you guys think Andrew Luck is...he can't keep getting hit like that.

That said...the OLine seemed to play better in the second half...just a little bit. They were able to establish the run and Luck didn't take as many shots though he was still under duress alot. Seems the OLine play got a little better after Satele left the game with his injury. Not the first time I've noticed that trend. Just saying.

But addressing our Oline has to be our number offseason priority. The frachise must be protected. Period.

For what its worth, this thread is not a comparison of Luck and RG3, lets keep that debate to the threads that already exist.

Thank you, war....

I dont even blame our linemen...They're almost all playing injured and none were all-pros to begin with....

we may have to go very conservative next week at Houston..but all our running backs are hurt,. too

OMG

that's blown a little out of proportion. the game is reffed to protect pocket passers, which helps explain why a guy like manning can play 13 years without missing a start. but guys like vick & edgerrin james suffered major injuries early in their careers

i am worried about luck too. but i'd be a lot more worried about griffin if i were a skins fan

Yeah there are rules that supposedly offer them more protection in the pocket, but Von Miller got penalized for hitting a QB low within the past couple of weeks, in a similar type way where Brady was injured. Yet, Manning gets nailed in the Texans game by Cushing, helmet to helmet and the flag is in the pocket. Luck's drawn some flags when someone sneezes near him. He's been hit, don't get my wrong, but he's had some gift flags thrown his way as well.

I'd say a fan of any team should be worried about the starting qb's getting hurt. it happens.

Oh i know... I just left that out on purpose. There is no doubt in my mind that those two took home a little extra cash after that hit... Well maybe not since the tough ole son of a gun stayed in the game.

I guess that's why I am sort of glad that tough ole son of a gun is playing behind another o-line. :thmup: Sorry my fingers got away from me again. :yahoo:

To me the issue is 4-fold.

a ) Below average offensive line.

b ) A scheme that requires more out of an OL than there is talent on the OL to run said scheme adequately. B.1 Stubborn OC

c ) A rookie qb behind center that isn't as decicive as he will be in 5 years.

d ) Average at best running game that doesn't allow the opponent to full respect that part of the offense.

c will improve with time/experience. The front office can make an effort to help improve a & d. B, will only be addressed by either a new OC/scheme, or the real HC taking more control of the offense. I don't see that happening because the results have been positive for the most part.

This franchise has ignored issues that needed to be addressed 10+ years. It's easy to ignore it when you are winning 10+ games a year.

I guess that's why I am sort of glad that tough ole son of a gun is playing behind another o-line. :thmup: Sorry my fingers got away from me again. :yahoo:

Denver's OL isn't any thing magical. Man for man they might be better, but it's not like they are some elite group of all-pros. Manning has had time to throw on ocassion, but there are times that he is rushed just like he would be here.

To me the issue is 4-fold.

a ) Below average offensive line.

b ) A scheme that requires more out of an OL than there is talent on the OL to run said scheme adequately. B.1 Stubborn OC

c ) A rookie qb behind center that isn't as decicive as he will be in 5 years.

d ) Average at best running game that doesn't allow the opponent to full respect that part of the offense.

c will improve with time/experience. The front office can make an effort to help improve a & d. B, will only be addressed by either a new OC/scheme, or the real HC taking more control of the offense. I don't see that happening because the results have been positive for the most part.

This franchise has ignored issues that needed to be addressed 10+ years. It's easy to ignore it when you are winning 10+ games a year.

you're being very kind with 'd'..and downright generous with 'a'

you're being very kind with 'd'..and downright generous with 'a'

This scheme makes the OL much worse than they were. Put in a WCO and they would look far more adequate. Luck wouldn't have the hit totals that NCF listed, and I believe that the offense would run much smoother, be more efficient, score more points and his #'s would be "prettier" to satisfy that crowd.

Thank you, war....

I dont even blame our linemen...They're almost all playing injured and none were all-pros to begin with....

we may have to go very conservative next week at Houston..but all our running backs are hurt,. too

OMG

I'm guessing that JJ Watt probably tuned in today....and is foaming at the mouth right about now.

Sheeesh

I'd go as far as to day without Luck's athletic ability we'd be dead last in sacks given up too.

If we weren't winning I think this would cause more of an outcry against the scheme, we've invested too much in him to get him hurt.

I been saying that same thing since the moment we picked up Satele, Mcglynn, Justice (even though he was out today) plus Castonzo just isn not our LT of the future. The O Line has to be rebuilt, Most of our O Linemen were drafted for a Zone Blockig scheme by other teams, The only current draft pick we have that was drafted for Man blocking was Anderson, A shame we lost Hicks to pretending Olsen was our starting Guard instead of bringing up Hicks and letting him try to get into a groove starting or st least on the active 53