Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm not totally sure how we're winning

oldunclemark

When the smoke clears you'll see all of the mirrors. You MUST have heard the pumped in crowd noise by now.

I don't think we've had a pretty win yet, but a "W" is a "W". I'll take them. I just wish we could get healthy. Ballard probably lost 30 pounds today in the 2nd half alone. Hate to say it, but we may need Zins back next week??

-d

....so many dropped snaps....injured running backs...injured O-linemen

....Andrew is taking a scary amount of punishment

bless Jake locker..he helped us all he could...in the 2nd half...

.......the miracle continues :rock:

I'm pretty sure it's mass hypnosis. Just hope no one snaps their fingers, we might find out it's 2011, and Curtis Painter is under center.

This is why:

1. Doing small things right, like finishing games with the run when we have to or an occasional pass if we have to
  2. Good coaching
  3. Great eye for front 7 talent and even DB talent (will be better with time) from Grigson (I dont think Brackett and Cato June can hold a candle to this LB corp we have and plays we see other good teams' LBs and DLs make, we are doing those too, it is so foreign but exciting to me :))
  4. Having a QB named LUCk does not hurt either :)

A 4-9 caliber Team, playing against very mediocre teams that find a way to lose.

lmao tho, 9-4 is Totally Amazing and a Huge treat for Colts Nation.

NOTHING Easy about winning in the NFL! Our TEAM will have a little time to sit around with their battered bodies this off season, knowing they have given their all, and will have earned Great Respect from their peers, NFL fans, and their extended Families.

Already Big Time Winners!

A 4-9 caliber Team, playing against very mediocre teams that find a way to lose.

lmao tho, 9-4 is Totally Amazing and a Huge treat for Colts Nation.

NOTHING Easy about winning in the NFL! Our TEAM will have a little time to sit around with their battered bodies this off season, knowing they have given their all, and will have earned Great Respect from their peers, NFL fans, and their extended Families.

Already Big Time Winners!

Outstandingly well said.

We have quite a nice collection of "ugly W's"!

Some say we're "Lucky". I say this team is playing for a higher purpose this season. There is some divine intervention going on right now. It's beyond X's and O's. ChuckStrong.

I dont want to say that the man upstairs (and I dont mean Pagano) favors us...and certainly we've been lucky...

....but you take your situation and run with it without limiting the possibilities

I dont want to say that the man upstairs (and I dont mean Pagano) favors us...and certainly we've been lucky...

....but you take your situation and run with it without limiting the possibilities

Luck is for losers... Teams make their own luck. Indy is a very poised team when things get tight. And when things go bad they stay just as focused.

It is all about the QB. This team believes in Andrew Luck. And it is the exact same dynamic that happened when Manning was here. He elevated everyone's game... same thing with Luck.

Average players start playing above average. No "getting lucky" involved here. Just a team that does not quit.

Whatever ending this season stands to present us with, I believe the true rewards for this season will come next season.

The experience this group has gained, remarkable.,

The bonding between players and staff. Pagano's issue galvanized the club. There is trust, caring and respect firmly in place.

Our strengths are clear.

Our weaknesses are clear.

Our incredible rookie, Andrew Luck, has had the rare experience of learning while winning. Confidence is his to own.

Our fanbase will return next season with optimism, full seats and expecting playoff success.

So....yes, we're winning ugly. I honestly don't care at all. Almost EVERYONE thought we'd be losing ugly, for years to come.

Stuff is about to get real, a trip to the playoffs is hard earned and never automatic . I hope our young guys are focusing in,.

Gotta believe the fight is for one of these.. :lombardi:

So real bro.

For our opponents too. I wouldn't want to play the Colts. I don't care what the stats say or how much a rookie our QB is etc. etc. or what happened last year.

This team does not quit and they have guts.

Great season,love the optimism but we are not there yet,we are beating mediocre teams that noone thought we could.We will still have problems against the top QB's that wont help us out.Really like the way this new era is starting going to be another great run with Luck and Grigson if he continues with his great start. Go Colts!

I think I have an idea. Because I agree, i have no idea why we are winning in the sloppiest fashions.

The O-line play was horrible, until Link and AQ came in and something changed within the team. Luck had some breathing room then.

Manusky is good on making adjustments. He must love to just put his base defense on showcase for the first half, and the 2nd half he throws the kitchen sink. And we make more plays that way. And having Vontae back is certainly a help.

And give credit to Vinateri for the 2 FGs sealing the victory. He still has a leg on him!

I think I have an idea. Because I agree, i have no idea why we are winning in the sloppiest fashions.

The O-line play was horrible, until Link and AQ came in and something changed within the team. Luck had some breathing room then.

Manusky is good on making adjustments. He must love to just put his base defense on showcase for the first half, and the 2nd half he throws the kitchen sink. And we make more plays that way. And having Vontae back is certainly a help.

And give credit to Vinateri for the 2 FGs sealing the victory. He still has a leg on him!

That's a good point to grab onto tark...

We do seem to confuse teams with our defense as the game goes on.....because we sure start games slower than life.

I keep thinking this isnt a 9-4 team but a 9-7 team won the Super Bowl last year..

That's a good point to grab onto tark...

We do seem to confuse teams with our defense as the game goes on.....because we sure start games slower than life.

I keep thinking this isnt a 9-4 team but a 9-7 team won the Super Bowl last year..

I noticed that during the first half, we had no push rush and Cassius & Vontae were getting burned.

Then the 2nd half I saw some exotic blitzes and pressuring Locker to make decisions that he shouldn't have and contributed to the defense giving up 3 points in the 2nd half.

Yes, a 9-7 team got streaky at the right time. But we haven't beaten a above .500 team on the road and we would have to do that. The real accomplishment is making the playoffs, next year, we can start talking about contenting for a Super Bowl.

I noticed that during the first half, we had no push rush and Cassius & Vontae were getting burned.

Then the 2nd half I saw some exotic blitzes and pressuring Locker to make decisions that he shouldn't have and contributed to the defense giving up 3 points in the 2nd half.

Yes, a 9-7 team got streaky at the right time. But we haven't beaten a above .500 team on the road and we would have to do that. The real accomplishment is making the playoffs, next year, we can start talking about contenting for a Super Bowl.

There are so many reason why we arent as good as our record.

Some of our stats (turnover-takeaway) are worse than IU football

But I agree...my goal was to make the playoffs because that builds pride and restores the expectations and the belief.

I'd love to win one playoff game..and I think it would have to be Baltimore....

But all I ask is that we make the playoffs and be the Colts again....like we've been for the last decade

Since the Packers game I have been telling people I knew that they reminded me of possibly the 1995 Colts reincarnated. But, we can end up with more wins then that squad who finished 9-7, but with the same 5th seed maybe.

Loved that playoff run. Anybody think that Luck looks a lot like Jim Harbaugh? Same facemask, same teeth guard, same nose. And same never-say-die attitude.

There are so many reason why we arent as good as our record.

Some of our stats (turnover-takeaway) are worse than IU football

But I agree...my goal was to make the playoffs because that builds pride and restores the expectations and the belief.

I'd love to win one playoff game..and I think it would have to be Baltimore....

But all I ask is that we make the playoffs and be the Colts again....like we've been for the last decade

The just shows that this team is really strong.

I sat on my coach saying, "we aren't going to win this game, we shouldn't win this game." But we did anyway, which is a huge testament to the team.

My goal was to win at least 4 games this year. I never would have thought that this team would be 9-4.

I don't see us beating any of the division leaders right now, but things could change in the flick of a switch.

I would love to have the dominance again that we had the last decade. Even half of that dominance I would be happy with. When Indy is good, the NFL is doing good.

The best reason you can come up with is clutch play. When the game is on the line, they show up. Eight of our nine wins could easily have gone the other way.

Agreed. When they absolutely must make plays, they seem to do it. I thought they absolutely had to get a TD after half today and they did it, thanks to a great 3rd down play by Luck to Wayne. The defense also stepped up and made plays in the 2nd half. Then when they needed a first down to win the game, Luck made the throw to get it done.