Photo

Redskins win in OT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#41 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2279 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

The Ravens proved yet again they are an average team.

okv09w.jpg

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6691 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Exciting game but I'm inclined to believe that it was Griffin's worst to date as a passer, although I will reserve final judgment for when I can take a peak at the all-22. That injury could really haunt us depending on what the prognosis is.

Yeah I hope he's ok. I just saw the injury for the first time and it looked pretty bad, however he's a physically gifted freak, young and hopefully nothing shows up on the MRI. It's crazy the kind of punishment these younger players like Luck and Griffin have been taking. Today we saw another epic collapse of the OL, Luck getting sacked hurried and knocked down all over the place. I hope both RGiii and Luck can just make it through the season sheesh!

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#43 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1115 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Word on the street is the MRI turned out negative. Assuming the info is good (~80% chance it is), we'll just have to see how Griff feels the next few days.

#44 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6691 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

MRI did not show any tears. That's great at least.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#45 Matugi

Matugi
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

He'll probably sit out most of the practices, see how he feels on Friday to determine if he goes through the morning walkthroughs on Saturday, and if he does fine he'll probably be a game-time decision. I'd bet he plays but I'd rest him.

#46 JWF

JWF
  • 1055 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

FYI

Per ESPN980

Redskins announce per MRI is a knee sprain. No torn ligaments.

Certainly good news.

That was a scary looking hit.

Hopefully he'll be back for them soon. The NFC east is still there for the taking.

#47 stat2883

stat2883
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Good for him and good for the team. :) Hate to see a player go down, let alone one that brings a level of excitement to a team and their fans.
NFL fan in general.

#48 stat2883

stat2883
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Ah, got it. Putting it that way is a little more worrisome,

no worries dude :) I tend to brace for the worst and hope for the best. Its all good now though - just get down a little earlier next time ;)
NFL fan in general.

#49 Jules

Jules
  • 7546 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

He'll probably sit out most of the practices, see how he feels on Friday to determine if he goes through the morning walkthroughs on Saturday, and if he does fine he'll probably be a game-time decision. I'd bet he plays but I'd rest him.

Agree.

Good news it is not expected to be too serious though. It didn't look too good.

#50 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2279 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

I wish he would stop running around like that. He's been injured twice and it's only his rookie season. I am not a fan of the Skins, but you have to hate seeing these young kids come into the league so full of potential, and constantly get injured. Some of my favorite QB's probably would have lasted longer if they didn't take so many injuries.

okv09w.jpg

#51 ColtsFTW

ColtsFTW
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Exciting game but I'm inclined to believe that it was Griffin's worst to date as a passer, although I will reserve final judgment for when I can take a peak at the all-22. That injury could really haunt us depending on what the prognosis is.

He could have easily ran out of bounds again and left it 3rd and manageable. Hes gotta stop it. =/

#52 supremecoltsfan300

supremecoltsfan300
  • 1264 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Cousins needs to get some love, that was a great job by him! He kept the Redskins playoff hopes alive.
Hope RG3 is fine. Cousins should be able to fill in if needed for cleveland
"You can put in whatever piece you want with 18, 18 will make it work; all he says is just find your way open, I'll get the ball there. And that's where the Reggie Wayne's, the Dallas Clark's, the Marvin Harrison's; that's how dominant he is. If you take him out of the game, no disrespect to nobody else on the Colts, but you make them a very below-average ball club." -- Ray Lewis on Peyton Manning

#53 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Cousins played great in the emergency role
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#54 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5669 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...edskins-victory

Just a sprain.

#55 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

sounds ike good news for RGIII

PrincetonTiger77

#56 warpath

warpath
  • Rookie
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

http://www.washingto...ab4e_story.html

#57 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

http://www.washingto...ab4e_story.html

nice read

PrincetonTiger77

#58 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1115 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

He could have easily ran out of bounds again and left it 3rd and manageable. Hes gotta stop it. =/

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as much as some people worry about the scheme and the read-option most of the abuse Griffin takes is easily preventable by Griffin and Griffin alone. The biggest, most vicious shots on him have all come on called pass plays where he's chosen to take off with it.

I'm sure he'll learn with time, he just has to manage not to get himself killed until then :(

#59 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16073 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as much as some people worry about the scheme and the read-option most of the abuse Griffin takes is easily preventable by Griffin and Griffin alone. The biggest, most vicious shots on him have all come on called pass plays where he's chosen to take off with it.

I'm sure he'll learn with time, he just has to manage not to get himself killed until then :(

agreed

PrincetonTiger77

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

I'm out of the hospital, FINALLY...this was the 4th time in the past 2 months..for status, please read my soon to be posted update in the Fantasy Football forum here...and thanks everyone, for the love, caring, thoughts and prayers...

Show comments (9)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Skelly

I thought I'd stop in to say I have nothing to say. Enjoy your day or night.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      30 Sep
    Jules

I really want to see "Gone Girl". I read the book a while ago and it was excellent. The movie does not look too bad but I am sure it is a bit different then the book.

Show comments (13)
View All Updates