Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dear Andrew Luck.....

subvet

I know records aren't important, but they just keep happening. Now that you have the record for most come from behind wins by a rookie could you please engineer an early take the lead game and have a comfortable cushion going into the 4th quarter??

I'm not complaining as you are much more than I possibly could have imagined but my blood pressure is on a roller coaster watching the Colts this year.

This was a trap game that the Colts won. I was nervous over this one yesterday/last night. Division rivals with nothing to lose (see us last year) are always dangerous.

Are the Colts really that good this soon to have a trap game against a division rival?

Are the Colts really that good this soon to have a trap game against a division rival?

Not sure but when you are riding high (like the Colts have been) and you are a young team in general a lot of these games can sneak up on you.

And TN already played us tough in TN.

I was less nervous heading into the Lions game, seriously. When this team is counted out I tend to relax more then when we are heavily favored by everyone.

Andrew luck was sacked 4 times. Hurried 10. And knocked down 8 times in the first half.. Saying that luck played bad is on you if that's what you believe. The oline and the refs nearly lost this game. Luck played well considering the pressure he recieved. Yes, he shouldn't have thrown the pick six. But. It wasn't a pick six.

Quote- "Luck was horrible today. Along with the offensive line. That's the worst I've seen us play on Offense all year."

No QB can play well when d line is all up in your face somewhere right after the snap. If he does that with 3-4 seconds in a clean pocket... I'm in the boat with you. But not now. Let's give the kid a pass and wonder how he still pulls comeback wins out of the huge messes...

Not sure but when you are riding high (like the Colts have been) and you are a young team in general a lot of these games can sneak up on you.

And TN already played us tough in TN.

I was less nervous heading into the Lions game, seriously. When this team is counted out I tend to relax more then when we are heavily favored by everyone.

I dub thee a good observer.

I know records aren't important, but they just keep happening. Now that you have the record for most come from behind wins by a rookie could you please engineer an early take the lead game and have a comfortable cushion going into the 4th quarter??

I'm not complaining as you are much more than I possibly could have imagined but my blood pressure is on a roller coaster watching the Colts this year.

feels just like the 95 season

I wish it was all about the QB

Luck was not horrible...hardly..

you must have missed our QB play last season...

Funnily enough I never miss a Colts game. Even if its at 1:30am my time here in the UK...

Add that to the fact I was also in Houston day 1 last year to watch Kerry Collins.

Luck played badly today. Why? Because I have huge expectations with him because of how good he has been. I'm sure we are all allowed our opinion, and in mine I thought he was poor. ALONG with the O-Line.

Quote- "Luck was horrible today. Along with the offensive line. That's the worst I've seen us play on Offense all year."

No QB can play well when d line is all up in your face somewhere right after the snap. If he does that with 3-4 seconds in a clean pocket... I'm in the boat with you. But not now. Let's give the kid a pass and wonder how he still pulls comeback wins out of the huge messes...

How he pulls it all off? I'm not smart enough to say, but he has the knack of orchestrating a comeback like no other. He's a rookie who gets it done that's all I know and I'm happy with that. Gotta consider what my blood pressure would be without him.

Luck had a good game. Not great. It's all relative to the opportunities he had. Perhaps he should not be affected by getting trampled under foot and just shrug that off like Tom Brady would. In his first season.

If you are going to ignore his experience levels, the game conditions, and still scoff at what he does to win games, then I can see where you feel he's not had a great game. I tend to factor this stuff in, when apparaising. So I can see why you may see things differently....

Luck was horrible today. Along with the offensive line. That's the worst I've seen us play on Offense all year.

I dont want to sound like a Luck apologist, because he made some bad decisions (he should have just taken the sack on the pick six) but the bad offensive performance was on the O-line and Arians playcalling in the 1st half to me.

I havnt seen more pathetic pass blocking in quite some time...especially from Olsen and Justice. I cant believe how often Olsen was beaten inside in this game and Justice was embarrassed quite often too.

Arians needs to calm down on all the 4 WR sets and constant passing when the O-line is clearly getting whipped upfront repeatedly.

I'm not denying that the Offensive line was the main cause, but like you pointed out its upto our Coach to put Luck & the Offense in a better situation. So yeah, il say Luck played bad... But it was because of the poor blocking and very predictable downfield play calling.

That being said, there were a few times that I thought Luck was playing too much on his heels, and not being aware of the pocket collapsing enough. There were a good few plays that he could have escaped out left or right but chose to get swallowed up the middle.

Looking back at my original post, yes it was our worst offensive performance this year, but we still ended up with a W & a very unexpected 9&4 record.

Bring on Houston!

Our weekly comical comment thread. Engineering scoring drives game in / game out, week in / week out when getting chased around the field like Benny Hill, and still people are not happy. There really is only one conclusion I can make......

Lol, I can see Luck scrambling to the tune of "Yakety Sax". Priceless

Our weekly comical comment thread. Engineering scoring drives game in / game out, week in / week out when getting chased around the field like Benny Hill, and still people are not happy. There really is only one conclusion I can make......

My posting was meant to be comical yes, and also positive about the results but I'm not sure what conclusion you made.....