Photo

Dear Andrew Luck.....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I know records aren't important, but they just keep happening. Now that you have the record for most come from behind wins by a rookie could you please engineer an early take the lead game and have a comfortable cushion going into the 4th quarter??

I'm not complaining as you are much more than I possibly could have imagined but my blood pressure is on a roller coaster watching the Colts this year.

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway-John Wayne

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19176 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

wow
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#3 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5544 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

If he did BA would just run us into the ground in the second half, pun intended.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#4 shevz

shevz
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Avery should have catch that ball and we would be all relaxing
How do you say good bye? How do you say so long?
Maybe you don't
Maybe thank you it's all there is

#5 ell_chrisso

ell_chrisso
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Luck was horrible today. Along with the offensive line. That's the worst I've seen us play on Offense all year.

#6 tyvon19

tyvon19
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

he didn tplay well but neither did the o line and averys dropped td, also the refs

Manning>Luck

#7 Jules

Jules
  • 7700 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

This was a trap game that the Colts won. I was nervous over this one yesterday/last night. Division rivals with nothing to lose (see us last year) are always dangerous.

#8 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 905 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

cardiac colts?
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#9 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

This was a trap game that the Colts won. I was nervous over this one yesterday/last night. Division rivals with nothing to lose (see us last year) are always dangerous.

Are the Colts really that good this soon to have a trap game against a division rival?

#10 Larry Horseman

Larry Horseman
  • 961 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Luck was horrible today. Along with the offensive line. That's the worst I've seen us play on Offense all year.

Only thing more horrible is this empty post...

#11 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3735 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

toy quote princeton tiger-

wow
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#12 Jules

Jules
  • 7700 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Are the Colts really that good this soon to have a trap game against a division rival?

Not sure but when you are riding high (like the Colts have been) and you are a young team in general a lot of these games can sneak up on you.

And TN already played us tough in TN.

I was less nervous heading into the Lions game, seriously. When this team is counted out I tend to relax more then when we are heavily favored by everyone.

#13 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2480 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

The complaints in the middle of a 9-4 season are awesome. Gotta win with style points, right?
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#14 Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan
  • 595 posts

Andrew luck was sacked 4 times. Hurried 10. And knocked down 8 times in the first half.. Saying that luck played bad is on you if that's what you believe. The oline and the refs nearly lost this game. Luck played well considering the pressure he recieved. Yes, he shouldn't have thrown the pick six. But. It wasn't a pick six.

#15 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3735 posts

Quote- "Luck was horrible today. Along with the offensive line. That's the worst I've seen us play on Offense all year."

No QB can play well when d line is all up in your face somewhere right after the snap. If he does that with 3-4 seconds in a clean pocket... I'm in the boat with you. But not now. Let's give the kid a pass and wonder how he still pulls comeback wins out of the huge messes...
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#16 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2480 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Not sure but when you are riding high (like the Colts have been) and you are a young team in general a lot of these games can sneak up on you.

And TN already played us tough in TN.

I was less nervous heading into the Lions game, seriously. When this team is counted out I tend to relax more then when we are heavily favored by everyone.

I dub thee a good observer.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#17 FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

I know records aren't important, but they just keep happening. Now that you have the record for most come from behind wins by a rookie could you please engineer an early take the lead game and have a comfortable cushion going into the 4th quarter??

I'm not complaining as you are much more than I possibly could have imagined but my blood pressure is on a roller coaster watching the Colts this year.

feels just like the 95 season

#18 FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Luck was horrible BECAUSE of the offensive line

#19 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 19596 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

I wish it was all about the QB

#20 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 19596 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Luck was not horrible...hardly..

you must have missed our QB play last season...

#21 austriancolt

austriancolt
  • 769 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Fix the Offensive Line and Luck will produce better stats!

#22 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4576 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Our weekly comical comment thread. Engineering scoring drives game in / game out, week in / week out when getting chased around the field like Benny Hill, and still people are not happy. There really is only one conclusion I can make......
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#23 ell_chrisso

ell_chrisso
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Luck was not horrible...hardly..

you must have missed our QB play last season...

Funnily enough I never miss a Colts game. Even if its at 1:30am my time here in the UK...

Add that to the fact I was also in Houston day 1 last year to watch Kerry Collins.

Luck played badly today. Why? Because I have huge expectations with him because of how good he has been. I'm sure we are all allowed our opinion, and in mine I thought he was poor. ALONG with the O-Line.

#24 colts 101

colts 101
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Quote- "Luck was horrible today. Along with the offensive line. That's the worst I've seen us play on Offense all year."

No QB can play well when d line is all up in your face somewhere right after the snap. If he does that with 3-4 seconds in a clean pocket... I'm in the boat with you. But not now. Let's give the kid a pass and wonder how he still pulls comeback wins out of the huge messes...

How he pulls it all off? I'm not smart enough to say, but he has the knack of orchestrating a comeback like no other. He's a rookie who gets it done that's all I know and I'm happy with that. Gotta consider what my blood pressure would be without him.

#25 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4576 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Luck had a good game. Not great. It's all relative to the opportunities he had. Perhaps he should not be affected by getting trampled under foot and just shrug that off like Tom Brady would. In his first season.

If you are going to ignore his experience levels, the game conditions, and still scoff at what he does to win games, then I can see where you feel he's not had a great game. I tend to factor this stuff in, when apparaising. So I can see why you may see things differently....
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#26 cmgww

cmgww
  • 1474 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Please learn to just go down and not throw it to the opposition (even though he WAS down)...don't even try that throw! Oh, rookie....
In it to win it since 1992....COLTS fan first, Manning fan 2nd

#27 JWF

JWF
  • 1056 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I dont want to sound like a Luck apologist, because he made some bad decisions (he should have just taken the sack on the pick six) but the bad offensive performance was on the O-line and Arians playcalling in the 1st half to me.

I havnt seen more pathetic pass blocking in quite some time...especially from Olsen and Justice. I cant believe how often Olsen was beaten inside in this game and Justice was embarrassed quite often too.

Arians needs to calm down on all the 4 WR sets and constant passing when the O-line is clearly getting whipped upfront repeatedly.

#28 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Dr. Andrew Luck.......keep moving forward and ignore the naysayers.

Signed,

Uber Fan Man

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#29 ell_chrisso

ell_chrisso
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'm not denying that the Offensive line was the main cause, but like you pointed out its upto our Coach to put Luck & the Offense in a better situation. So yeah, il say Luck played bad... But it was because of the poor blocking and very predictable downfield play calling.

That being said, there were a few times that I thought Luck was playing too much on his heels, and not being aware of the pocket collapsing enough. There were a good few plays that he could have escaped out left or right but chose to get swallowed up the middle.

Looking back at my original post, yes it was our worst offensive performance this year, but we still ended up with a W & a very unexpected 9&4 record.

Bring on Houston!

#30 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2470 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Luck was meh today due to the Oline woes. He still did enough to pull out a win thanks in large part to our defense. The defense is what actually won this game for us in the 2nd half. Even in the midst of bad reffing...they did not fold. Feels good to be able to say that!
The Colts...Imprinting horse shoes on kicked butts since 1953.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#31 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Our weekly comical comment thread. Engineering scoring drives game in / game out, week in / week out when getting chased around the field like Benny Hill, and still people are not happy. There really is only one conclusion I can make......

Lol, I can see Luck scrambling to the tune of "Yakety Sax". Priceless

#32 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

wow

Why "wow?" I made a tongue in cheek remark, was it inappropriate in some way?

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

#33 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

My posting was meant to be comical yes, and also positive about the results but I'm not sure what conclusion you made.....

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

#34 krunk

krunk
  • 4233 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm just glad we were able to put another 27 point game instead of being stuck at 21 points or less. I would have liked to have seen the offense put up all of those points, but I'll take it how we got it I suppose.

#35 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Luck played a ok game.

He definitely has a gunslinger mentality with his throws. I laughed when Fouts or the other announcer said," he throws better when somebody is in his face"
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Dec
    Nadine

First new years resolution done. Cleaned and reorganized the pantry. Now, on to learning cell numbers for family members. i really do not know them, I just use my cell so I never dial anymore.

• Photo
      20 Dec
    radiogirl

Nothing is more gratifying than doing something for someone else. Brent and I had a long to do list today. Instead, we made an unplanned visit to the hospital. Nothing feeds the soul like helping others. Hang in there Prisha! You are loved!

Show comments (5)
View All Updates