•  

Photo

Happy Holiday to all peoples of the world as tonight starts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

My Holiday,
Hanukkah, Chanukah, Chanukkah or Chanuka
( spelled many ways )

starts tonight at sundown ,Happy holidays to u all from my holiday

we call it celebration of the lights

It involves a miracle when it took 8 days to make oil for lamps and ancient Isreal found they had only had 1 days worth after their oil was destroyed by fleeing occupying forces that were overthrown & the one days worth lasted the full 8 till more could be made

sometimes u it falls out exactly on Christmas but Jewish Calender a bit weird compared to English one so every year different

when u see on a calender its the first day of a Jewish holiday, like calenders will say Sunday the 9th is the first day of this holiday

Thats means first full day but all holidays start at sundown the night before, that is tonight, and end on sundown the last day

For a present all I want IS THE COLTS TO DOMINATE TITANS TOMORROW
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11364 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Happy Holidays to you
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#3 al19nb

al19nb
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

:thmup: back at you

#4 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Right on!

#5 100GFB

100GFB
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Happy Holidays to you Barry!

#6 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

appreciate all your thoughts, thanks

#7 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

My Holiday,
Hanukkah, Chanukah, Chanukkah or Chanuka
( spelled many ways )

starts tonight at sundown ,Happy holidays to u all from my holiday

we call it celebration of the lights

It involves a miracle when it took 8 days to make oil for lamps and ancient Isreal found they had only had 1 days worth after their oil was destroyed by fleeing occupying forces that were overthrown & the one days worth lasted the full 8 till more could be made

sometimes u it falls out exactly on Christmas but Jewish Calender a bit weird compared to English one so every year different

when u see on a calender its the first day of a Jewish holiday, like calenders will say Sunday the 9th is the first day of this holiday

Thats means first full day but all holidays start at sundown the night before, that is tonight, and end on sundown the last day

For a present all I want IS THE COLTS TO DOMINATE TITANS TOMORROW

It's not necessarily weird, it's simply based off of a lunal calendar cycle (about 354 days in a year). Therefore there will be significant movement of the holiday each year (11 days). But no matter how ya slice it, happy holidays to all and GO COLTS!!!
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#8 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

It's not necessarily weird, it's simply based off of a lunal calendar cycle (about 354 days in a year). Therefore there will be significant movement of the holiday each year (11 days). But no matter how ya slice it, happy holidays to all and GO COLTS!!!

Guess I should of said different than English calender

History of it is weird to us now but made sense in ancient times as the year varying at times based on ripening of various crops etc, , well in modern times, u distilled it down to the current approximate 11 day difference between 12 lunar months and 1 solar year. , also instead of a leap day every 4 years there is a leap month ever 2 or 3 years based on rules I dont remember

Thanks for the Happy holidays though and appreciate the refining of my original explanation of using the word weird, where I grew up and the fights I got in for being Jewish , weird is a pretty kind word to some of the names i was called , the religion was called & the varying days holidays fell on compared ( how it was put the normal religion , ) to the English calender as well as other Jewish aspects

again my thanks & my respects, Barry

#9 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Guess I should of said different than English calender

History of it is weird to us now but made sense in ancient times as the year varying at times based on ripening of various crops etc, , well in modern times, u distilled it down to the current approximate 11 day difference between 12 lunar months and 1 solar year. , also instead of a leap day every 4 years there is a leap month ever 2 or 3 years based on rules I dont remember

Thanks for the Happy holidays though and appreciate the refining of my original explanation of using the word weird, where I grew up and the fights I got in for being Jewish , weird is a pretty kind word to some of the names i was called , the religion was called & the varying days holidays fell on compared ( how it was put the normal religion , ) to the English calender as well as other Jewish aspects

again my thanks & my respects, Barry

I hear ya. I cannot completely empathize; however, my fiancé is Jewish so I have been privvy to a small glimpse of what it's like. Luckily we are from a pretty progressive area of Chicago. Not that it made it any easier to find a dreidel to get our drink on for the first night last night lol.

"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#10 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

I hear ya. I cannot completely empathize; however, my fiancé is Jewish so I have been privvy to a small glimpse of what it's like. Luckily we are from a pretty progressive area of Chicago. Not that it made it any easier to find a dreidel to get our drink on for the first night last night lol.

find a dreidel hard, I love it, I have some wooden and plastic ones , varying sizes

wasnt asking for empathy.

I wouldnt change my childhood for anything else, was just stating something. u just must take all good and bad childhood , Like adult, situations and try to apply them in life to help toughen u up for when u grow up , u learn something from all experiences both good and bad

I feel I had a tremendous upbringing thanks top my beloved parents, pitfalls along the way of life are expected, as said just try & take the positive as best u can from any situation

Congratulations on your engagement, may u have a long and happy life together

If u ever can watch a movie called gentlemen's agreement starring Gregory Peck 1947 movie , Originally a book & newspaper series

he is a news reporter who for a story on prejudice, & doesnt let anyone know ( save maybe his family ) , that he is telling all his last name is really Green and hes Jewish , He is amazed at the changes that take place even how his best friends treat him

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039416/

its described there as - A reporter pretends to be Jewish in order to cover a story on anti-Semitism, and personally discovers the true depths of bigotry and hatred.
Won 3 Oscars Pictue , director , supporting actress
. Another 9 wins & 6 nominations
http://www.imdb.com/...t0039416/awards

TRAILOR

Uploaded on Apr 24, 2009

Philip Green is a highly respected writer who is recruited by a national magazine to write a series of articles on anti-Semitism in America. He's not too keen on the series, mostly because he's not sure how to tackle the subject. Then it dawns on him: if he was to pretend to all and sundry that he was Jewish, he could then experience the degree of racism and prejudice that exists and write his story from that perspective. It takes little time for him to experience bigotry. He soon learns the liberal-minded firm he works for doesn't hire Jews and that his own secretary changed her name and kept the fact that she is Jewish a secret from everyone. Green soon finds that he won't be invited to certain parties, that he cannot stay in so-called 'restricted' hotels and that his own son is called names in the street. His anger at the way he is treated also affects his relationship with Kathy Lacy, his publisher's niece and the person who suggested the series in the first place. Written by garykmcd

NY TIMES REVIEW
http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9E0DE7DE113AE233A25751C1A9679D946693D6CF

====================================================================
, now this is an old movie, I was born 1954 so grew up in 50's & 60's as far as childhood, what he experiences in movie was if remember right ,worse than mine but then again he wwas experiencing adult issues

BTW I lived in a predominantly Jewish Brooklyn NY area, was bothered by gangs not just because of being Jewish but for multitude of other childish reasons as well

In order to play in the schoolyard across the street u or a member of your friends from any religion had to fight a member of this large family for the right to play there, u win fine, but heres the catch, no one ever knew the exact # of children in this family and sooner or later there was always 1 that was a monster, and thgey had various ones that were monsters in size & strength , so sooner oor later u know u got your a --- kicked but good

again just toughened me up for adulthood

#11 mom terp

mom terp
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

thanks for explaining the stuff behind your holiday.you are one really cool colt fan.i hope that we win today.it would make my day.i really liked last weekend ' s victory.when my husband told me.that our colts pulled out the victory in the closing minutes of the game.i was so happy for our team.

#12 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

thanks for explaining the stuff behind your holiday.you are one really cool colt fan.i hope that we win today.it would make my day.i really liked last weekend ' s victory.when my husband told me.that our colts pulled out the victory in the closing minutes of the game.i was so happy for our team.

you r welcome

#13 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11364 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

interesting info Bayone
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#14 mom terp

mom terp
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

the trailer for gentleman ' s agreement was very well done.i might see if the movie is on my cable system ' s free movies and watch it.barry , your page on colt ' s forum is great.hoping you and your family are having a wonderful holiday.i get a late christmas present this year.my cousin and his wife will be down from connecticut to visit my parents after christmas.i have not seen them in ten long years.since my grandmother died.i will be with my family for christmas.my husband ' s aunt just has a stroke.all is well otherwise.

#15 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

the trailer for gentleman ' s agreement was very well done.i might see if the movie is on my cable system ' s free movies and watch it.barry , your page on colt ' s forum is great.hoping you and your family are having a wonderful holiday.i get a late christmas present this year.my cousin and his wife will be down from connecticut to visit my parents after christmas.i have not seen them in ten long years.since my grandmother died.i will be with my family for christmas.my husband ' s aunt just has a stroke.all is well otherwise.

enjoy your family reunion, all fine here , i

I really k like good black & white movies esp with great stars its amazing how younf dean stockwell is, , but saw this as a kid so all were back then virtually , its a really good picture , mine of course is from a jewish perspective , only issue is it portrays hhigh socirty basically and not what happened to ones like me in the trenches, i mean i cant as a child relate to not being allowed into a country club etc, unless its was a a kids club

the my colts and previous sites page was really great, had photos, not urls,  and since peyton left most taken down, and urls dont work from indy star , also stories are somewhat scattered among-st urls

this is v cool go here

go here   , very g hard to explai how to use but can always go back to original full  pages by clicking top part where says bayones colt page 

but if use links at right some take u to diifferent urls and then need to go back in browser, some key on , for example just the SI coveers, also if click on a cover or picture it enlarges , there is an x above ( IE ( )  it or near upper left  CHROME ) to get out of enlargement pending the browser ,  

http://bayonecolts.wordpress.com/

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates