Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IcEWoLF

Your top 10 all time favorite Patriot players!

58 posts in this topic

Here are mine:

1. Tedy Bruschi

2. Mike Vrabel

3. Tom Brady

4. Troy Brown

5. Vince Wilfork

6. Kevin Faulk

7. Rodney Harrison

8. Ty Law

9. Wes Welker

10. Randy Moss! (I know he was there shortly, but darn he was sensational that 2007 year)

wrong forum icewolf haha

1. Peyton Manning

2. Austin Collie

3. Reggie Wayne

4. Andrew Luck

5. Robert Mathis

6. Jeff Saturday

7. Marvin Harrison

8. Dallas Clark

9. Kelvin Hayden

10. Bob Sanders

2 people like this

Rough topic but interesting topic...

There are some I detest like Vrabel, Gronkowski, Mcfakeinest, there are some that I'm not a fan of like Bruschi, Law & Welker, but I can't say there are many that I like... So i'll go with respect.

I'll leave it to the Belichick era and in numerical order.

4 Adam Vinatieri

11 Drew Bledsoe

12 Tom Brady

33 Kevin Faulk

55 Junior Seau

67 Dan Koppen

72 Matt Light

75 Vince Wilfork

80 Troy Brown

93 Richard Seymour

Of course pre-belichick you can't hate Steve Neck Brace Grogan.

I dont think a colts fan, even after being deliriously liquired up, can put the two words 'favorite' and 'patriot' together in the same sentence. haha

1 person likes this

I only have one on my favorite list . . . Reche Caldwell.

But in all seriousness, there have been many great Patriot players.

2 people like this

I only have one on my favorite list . . . Reche Caldwell.

But in all seriousness, there have been many great Patriot players.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I personally dislike the Pats, but in the old days..I liked the QB/WR combo of Jim Plunkett to Randy Vataha and I still have a spot for the late Darryl Stingley, who's life was changed by one dirty hit in a preseason game by Jack Tatum, and was paralyzed from the neck down..Even if I dislike a team, there are always a few players, whom we, as football fans, respect.

1 person likes this

1.Law

2.Bruschi

3.Seymour

4.Brady

5.Light

6.Brown

7.Harrison

8.Ted Johnson

9.Mcginest

10.Vinatieri

Adam Vinatieri (South Dakota boy)

Curtis Martin

Andre Tippet

Irving Fryar

Lawyer Milloy

Wes Welker

Tom Brady

Bruce Armstrong

Mike Haynes

Troy Brown

---- no specific order....roughly top to bottom

1 person likes this

I don't know about 10, but here's 3 Patriots I really liked, that don't seem to get talked about anymore.

Vincent Brown - I really liked this guy, and for a LB he would manage to get interceptions in times. Some of you older cats should remember this guy.

Steve Grogan - If you remember him, don't laugh, he was awesome, even though he did throw a lot of picks in some seasons.

Curtis Martin - Bought so many of his rookie cards growing up, was disappointed when he went to the Jets.

1 person likes this

I dont think a colts fan, even after being deliriously liquired up, can put the two words 'favorite' and 'patriot' together in the same sentence. haha

Unless "least" is in there, too.
1 person likes this

Here's my list.

1. Adam Vinatieri

2. Adam Vinatieri

3. Adam Vinatieri

4. Adam Vinatieri

5. Adam Vinatieri

6. Adam Vinatieri

7. Adam Vinatieri

8. Adam Vinatieri

9. Adam Vinatieri

10. Adam Vinatieri

2 people like this

mike haynes (raider)

matt light (purdue)

jim plunkett (raider)

john hannah

...and how the heck can anybody have teddy bruschi on their list? i started to cheer when i heard he had a stroke, but i caught myself.

1 person likes this

I liked Bruschi as a player, then he got on TV and that just throws it out the window.

John Hanna (Uncle of one of my best friends)

Tom Brady

Ty Law (put him and Aaron Glenn on the same team and Id have nightmares).

Corey Dillion years

I want to hate on Gronk, but just can't.

Robert Kraft

Rough topic but interesting topic...

There are some I detest like Vrabel, Gronkowski, Mcfakeinest, there are some that I'm not a fan of like Bruschi, Law & Welker, but I can't say there are many that I like... So i'll go with respect.

I'll leave it to the Belichick era and in numerical order.

4 Adam Vinatieri

11 Drew Bledsoe

12 Tom Brady

33 Kevin Faulk

55 Junior Seau

67 Dan Koppen

72 Matt Light

75 Vince Wilfork

80 Troy Brown

93 Richard Seymour

Of course pre-belichick you can't hate Steve Neck Brace Grogan.

Yeah I don't care who you are..you gotta admire ol' neck brace. Great bootlegger:)

I liked Bruschi as a player, then he got on TV and that just throws it out the window.

John Hanna (Uncle of one of my best friends)

Tom Brady

Ty Law (put him and Aaron Glenn on the same team and Id have nightmares).

Corey Dillion years

I want to hate on Gronk, but just can't.

Robert Kraft

That would be a close race with Haines and Clayborn who did play on the same team :)

The flying Patriot head

maybe the worst helmet logo in the league. i know they calling it the flying elvis, but it reminds me of max headroom....if anyone remembers that.

maybe the worst helmet logo in the league. i know they calling it the flying elvis, but it reminds me of max headroom....if anyone remembers that.

yeah I see the comparison.

It would be too hard after watching 36 years of Patriots teams to narrow my favorite players down to ten, so I'll give you my favorite team.

The 1976 Patriots

Steve Grogan QB

Andy Johnson RB

Sam Cunningham FB

Darryl Stingley WR

Randy Vataha WR

Russ Francis TE

Leon Gray LT

John Hannah LG

Bill Lenkaitis C

Sam Adams RG

Bob McKay RT

Mel Lunsford DE

Ray Hamilton NT

Julius Adams RDE

Steve Zabel LOLB

Sam Hunt LILB

Steve Nelson RILB

Pete Barnes ROLB

Bob Howard LCB

Mike Haynes RCB

Prentice McCray SS

Tim Fox FS

This Patriots team was the one that got me hooked. They handed the eventual Super Bowl champion Oakland Raiders(16-1) their only loss on the season 48-17 only to lose to them in the playoffs 21-24. The play of the game was a phantom roughing the passer call against Ray Hamilton, gifting the Raiders the winning TD.

It would be too hard after watching 36 years of Patriots teams to narrow my favorite players down to ten, so I'll give you my favorite team.

The 1976 Patriots

Steve Grogan QB

Andy Johnson RB

Sam Cunningham FB

Darryl Stingley WR

Randy Vataha WR

Russ Francis TE

Leon Gray LT

John Hannah LG

Bill Lenkaitis C

Sam Adams RG

Bob McKay RT

Mel Lunsford DE

Ray Hamilton NT

Julius Adams RDE

Steve Zabel LOLB

Sam Hunt LILB

Steve Nelson RILB

Pete Barnes ROLB

Bob Howard LCB

Mike Haynes RCB

Prentice McCray SS

Tim Fox FS

This Patriots team was the one that got me hooked. They handed the eventual Super Bowl champion Oakland Raiders(16-1) their only loss on the season 48-17 only to lose to them in the playoffs 21-24. The play of the game was a phantom roughing the passer call against Ray Hamilton, gifting the Raiders the winning TD.

I liked the name of Sam "Bam" Cunningham as a kid hearing it on tv.

If the NFL had a half a brain they would release full-season DVD sets of teams games. Because I know I'd pop in a random game just to watch the history that it can provide.

I would want a complete collection, whether it was of the team I liked, or a team I disliked.

3 people like this

If the NFL had a half a brain they would release full-season DVD sets of teams games. Because I know I'd pop in a random game just to watch the history that it can provide.

I would want a complete collection, whether it was of the team I liked, or a team I disliked.

Absolutely. The above video was positively a tease.

Absolutely. The above video was positively a tease.

The quality isn't going to be blu-ray, and nobody should expect it to, but I know as long as it was affordable, I'd have a wall full of complete games if it was possible.

The quality isn't going to be blu-ray, and nobody should expect it to, but I know as long as it was affordable, I'd have a wall full of complete games if it was possible.

agreed

but not just NFL

agreed

but not just NFL

Oh I know I know, you'd have to build a new room to start to house full baseball seasons, & basketball games, but I'd love an archive like that..131871095308437956_TJatizwH_c.jpg

Oh I know I know, you'd have to build a new room to start to house full baseball seasons, & basketball games, but I'd love an archive like that..131871095308437956_TJatizwH_c.jpg

I have several of the big games from our Princeton/PrincetonPrinceton Community basketball history(Historic Games,SF and State Championship) on DVD as well as the 1978 NCAA Championship game between UK and Duke, the Bird vs Magic NCAA Tournament game and the Mardi Gras Miracle by UK.

I also own the 1954 Milan State Championship game

I have several of the big games from our Princeton/PrincetonPrinceton Community basketball history(Historic Games,SF and State Championship) on DVD as well as the 1978 NCAA Championship game between UK and Duke, the Bird vs Magic NCAA Tournament game and the Mardi Gras Miracle by UK.

I also own the 1954 Milan State Championship game

I've got a number of Colts & NFL games on DVD, or backed up so I can easily add them to DVD, but I would still prefer some form of official release. I think I saw some MLB discs at one point of complete world series, which is good, because a complete baseball season would take 30-40 discs.

They dont even release the Super Bowl on dvd/blu-ray anymore do they? I got the Colts/Bears and first Giants/Patriots on dvd and I remember the Colts/Saints being the first on Blu-ray but I could never find the Indy Super Bowl on Blu-ray so it remains on my DVR hogging space. I know they released one highlighting the path of the Giants but the previous ones I got included every playoff game and the Super Bowl.

They dont even release the Super Bowl on dvd/blu-ray anymore do they? I got the Colts/Bears and first Giants/Patriots on dvd and I remember the Colts/Saints being the first on Blu-ray but I could never find the Indy Super Bowl on Blu-ray so it remains on my DVR hogging space. I know they released one highlighting the path of the Giants but the previous ones I got included every playoff game and the Super Bowl.

I'm not 100% sure. I just went to bestbuy.com and saw that have a couple for the Giants last season, but I'm not sure what games are on them, or if it is just more of a highlight version.

The 1976 Patriots

Steve Grogan QB

Andy Johnson RB

Sam Cunningham FB

Darryl Stingley WR

Randy Vataha WR

Russ Francis TE

Leon Gray LT

John Hannah LG

Bill Lenkaitis C

Sam Adams RG

Bob McKay RT

Mel Lunsford DE

Ray Hamilton NT

Julius Adams RDE

Steve Zabel LOLB

Sam Hunt LILB

Steve Nelson RILB

Pete Barnes ROLB

Bob Howard LCB

Mike Haynes RCB

Prentice McCray SS

Tim Fox FS

How could I forget Russ Francis?...He was a really good TE, both in blocking and receiving, and one heck of an overall athlete. I think in the Steelers game in 86, he caught a long TD pass on 4th and 2, that led the Pats to beat the Steelers on Mon Night, and I think Cosell called him an "All-World" TE. He participated in Superstars, and got second and 4th places, setting a record in the 50 yard swimming event that lasted from 71-86. He retired early in 1981 after the Darryl Stingley injury, but Bill Walsh talked him into coming back, and he got a ring with the 84 Super Bowl Champion 49ers.

He also did pro wrestling on the side at the same time he played football, and for a bit afterwards as well.. His father was a wrestling promoter in Hawaii. If I remember correctly, he was in a match at Wrestlemania, in a Battle Royal, with other NFL stars and wrestlers. I know pro wrestling is staged, but its amazing he performed well with both careers. Nowadays, players have to add in their contracts, that they can't ski, skateboard, scuba dive, or whatever, in order to protect them...I imagine getting tossed around a ring by huge men trying to rip your head off wouldn't be allowed now either :D

I would too...even adding in videos of some of the greatest racehorses, like Secretariat, Ruffian, Zenyatta, Man o' War, Seabiscuit...

Memories are great, but videos are better... :D :D :D

1 person likes this

Any fan of the 70's era should pick up a copy of a book called "The Professionals". I got a copy of it for a birthday/Christmas at one point and it's got story for each player included and then a piece of art work. It's pretty neat.

$T2eC16FHJHwE9n8igtZ9BP5n7lF-Gw~~60_12.JPG

It's about time for a new version to include the legends of the 80's/90's/2000's