Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck vs. Manning

LoudandProud

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, December 9, 2012 - respose to removed post
Hidden by shecolt, December 9, 2012 - respose to removed post

some of you have no manners whatsoever. Grab some manners and we can have a real debate!

Yet you continue to claim you have manners and then proceed to inappropriately disagree like a child when someone gives you a perfectly good debate from the other side of the fence.

In fact you did agitate the boards by posting a thread so ridiculous and were called out accordingly.

I also find it particularly pecacnt.. the argument Manning has slacking numbers in the playoffs.. tell me which types of teams are in the playoffs with the excepof the 09 colts and a couple others?? Top ranked defenses. I would also fancy a stat to show just how many times the Colts defense couldnt hold the opposing offense, how many points, yards, and how long the opposing offense had the ball.

Every team in the NFL has holes, these players arent robotic.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Eli Manning's Giants, in his 2 SB runs, NEVER gave up more than 20 points in any playoff game.

2 critical games he won 17-14 - SB 42 and the 2011 NFCCG vs 49ers 20-17

No one is here criticizing Eli. Why, because his TEAM won? Because his STs forced 2 turnovers that led to 2 FGs that allowed him to win it??? Guess what, when Peyton's D finally stepped up, he won the SB. But then, it is twisted around and people say Peyton won because of his D and running game, not because of him.

All I can is there are too many ungrateful and/or ignorant folks on this board that I wish to ignore. I am grateful for what Peyton has done for this franchise and like any other player that has donned the horseshoe, I will always wish him well except when he plays the Colts, same thing for Dallas Clark or Jeff Saturday etc. If you are thankful for what Unitas did for the franchise, the same respect and appreciation has to be given to Peyton too, IMO. Whether Peyton does well or not, it is upto him and his new team. I can only talk intelligently about the Colts' playoff losses in the past few years unfortunately, not about any other teams' losses. Peyton has had plenty of faults, but to state that the Colts' team make up and coaching has had nothing to do with the playoff losses would be ignorant and short sighted.

Chad I a had fairly long post drawn up, adding some points to your comments which I must say I agree with, mostly about the Super Bowl run vs. other playoff games and how fickle fans are when it comes to stat lines.

My computer locked up, i lost it and I don't care to type out each sentence again.

So I'll leave it at this.

I don't know if it is as you put it, ignorant or ungrateful. Some clearly appreciate what the man meant to this team/city/fanbase and some clearly don't deserve to have the memories that he provided. Threads like this and some of the comments within act as a reference point to that article that Houston writer wrote that so many scolded.

Oh and I save my manners for twitter.

:sigh: I still don't understand all these QB comparison threads and was really hoping that someone would give me a clue.

Anyhow, I don't see this thread going anywhere good and think that we should at least wait until Luck has played in more than 12 games compared to Manning's 14 seasons to make any comparisons.

Thread closed.