Colts Vs Texans,

Manning2Wayne

76 members have voted

1. 1. can the colts beat the texans?

• yes
    • no

just curious

have not been watching many colts games,

have seen two game winning drives, where both times the WR/RB made plays to get into the end zone.... Ballard/Avery..

I am curious to know, not be being biased, if the colts have what it takes to win one, or maybe even 2 against the texans...

..... especially since it seems they are resting foster, and almost lost to the jags/lions..

The Texans are a good team, there's no doubt about that, but I don't think they are intimidating good. We just have to be careful and think before we throw any challenge flags..... it could cost us the game. :facepalm:

These Texan games should be good, I'm looking forward to them.

Trick question man, it is not "will they", it is "can they"? :)

Besides, I hope the Colts have gotten their issues with defending the zone blocking runs fixed. They stunk it up in pre-season though it was pre-season vs Redskins and Alfred Morris.

The first game, I still think at Houston, will be a blowout because it will take them a while to figure out the defense against those chop blocking Texan OL.

The second game, I think they will be more ready and prepared with what to expect, at home, that is the one I think we can pull off.

I give the @H.Texans game 60/40 our way winning, it'll be pivotal for H.Texans if they loose against the patriots and Colts win against T.Titans. it might make them too desperate to win and make mistakes, I give Colts a slight advantage, going to be a nail biter :}

The game against the H.Texans that interests me more is the last game against the H.Texans at Colts home LOS and adding that H.Texans have never won/beat the Colts in our house in their short/brief history and I want to continue that so it will always sticks in their craw to the Colts advantage, Does anybody actually think they will rest their starters in the last game knowing a loss will continue the no win in Indy for another year, I'm guessing no, they are going to try and win, it's their ego's on the line and that are at stake and a loss is not going to sit well for another year! Or going into the playoffs! And even though it's less likely that it might be a fight for Division champs and home field advantage and a bye and home 1st game advantage. H.Texans have only clinched a playoff spot not the division yet... It's going to be interesting!!!!!

Could we beat the Texans? Absolutely. Will we sweep them? Highly unlikely. They have a great power running game that we have shown that we can be very inconsistent against. A great D that creates turnovers and gets good pressure.

But I agree, let's just focus on the Titans atm.

Trick question man, it is not "will they", it is "can they"? :)

Besides, I hope the Colts have gotten their issues with defending the zone blocking runs fixed. They stunk it up in pre-season though it was pre-season vs Redskins and Alfred Morris.

The first game, I still think at Houston, will be a blowout because it will take them a while to figure out the defense against those chop blocking Texan OL.

The second game, I think they will be more ready and prepared with what to expect, at home, that is the one I think we can pull off.

I dont think they have but its been a bit of a mixed bag. We gave up 122 yards running to the Bears (Zone Blocking). Vikings (Zone Blocking)91 but 65 to Peterson

http://nflsfuture.com/2012/03/28/team-by-team-offensivedefensive-schemes/ These are teams Blocking schemes, all you have to do is find the team we played against and look at the scheme they use and what we we gave up on the ground

Too early to tell. Let's focus on the Titans 1st. Take it one game at a Time

The fans can focus on whatever they want, its not like we fans are game planning for Tennessee. The players cant look past an opponent, the fans can do whatever they want. Kinda silly imo lol.

Now to the question, can the Colts beat the Texans? Sure anything can happen. Indy only win one of the games with Houston if Houston either has a meltdown or rest a bunch of players. They are just way more talented at pretty much every position.

The fans can focus on whatever they want, its not like we fans are game planning for Tennessee. The players cant look past an opponent, the fans can do whatever they want. Kinda silly imo lol.

Now to the question, can the Colts beat the Texans? Sure anything can happen. Indy only win one of the games with Houston if Houston either has a meltdown or rest a bunch of players. They are just way more talented at pretty much every position.

Any given Sunday. But for now, GO COLTS!

We can win. It will take the best game of the players so far this year. All 3 phases. Any breakdowns in one will lead to the others burden, and breakdown as well. This easier to do at home than on the road. Normally, division games are tough ones (IE: Miami-Pats, Denver-Oakland, etc...), but with all new coaches and >60% new roster, this one is tough to call.

It means a lot to both teams, but they are coming off a good 'ole fashioned butt whipping and playing in their backyard. I just hope we keep it respectable throughout to get prepared for facing them again at home and (hopefully) going into the playoffs.

Yeah I'd love to say we are gonna win this game but everything points to no, Not after a beating like the Texans took, No not with us not having an O Line, Watt has a VERY GOOD chance of having a career day BUT if we can get the run gme going to set up the pass then we can hang around and have a shot at the end IF our defense holds up to there end of the bargain. If none of that happens then this game will turn into a scrimmage for the Texans either way Luck is going to take alot of shots in this game

I think we have a good chance at winning one game. I don't know about two. It might be like what the Saints vs Falcons were like.

Yep.

And in 3 out of their last 4 games they've allowed 30+ points...including tight games against the Jags and Lions.

They are pretty loaded with talent, but they're not an unbeatable juggernaut.

I could see the Colts losing.

And I could see them winning.

I mean this is the Texans too. I do not always have faith in them under pressure. And yes they are under pressure after the MNF performance and if they lose Sunday they would be forced to try and win the division in Indy where they have never won before.

If only the Colts didn't lose to the Jags and the Texans did lose to the Jags/Lions. Endings like these could have changed A LOT. But, for this year and what the expectations were going in I will let it slide.

Hey remember in 2010 when we had to beat the Jags with 4 games to go or else the Jags won the division? lmao Hope the Texans have better LUCK then the Jaguars did. ;)

Houston would have to take us lightly..like Green Bay...did

run up a big lead and they lay down...

Houston's powerfull running attack strikes at our defensive weakness

..and I dont know if Andrew Luck can get the ball away quick, enough against the Texans rushers

...all our running backs are hurt and its a must-win for a Houston team that was disgraced Monday././/..this could get ugly quickly

Houston would have to take us lightly..like Green Bay...did

run up a big lead and they lay down...

Houston's powerfull running attack strikes at our defensive weakness

..and I dont know if Andrew Luck can get the ball away quick, enough against the Texans rushers

...all our running backs are hurt and its a must-win for a Houston team that was disgraced Monday././/..this could get ugly quickly

I think our defensive weakness is more against the pass than the run. IMO the run defense has been pretty solid all yr. long, whereas we've been torched by several teams in the pass defense.

I think our defensive weakness is more against the pass than the run. IMO the run defense has been pretty solid all yr. long, whereas we've been torched by several teams in the pass defense.

Lord no.....The Jets and Jacksonville (with MJD) ran all over us..so did the Bears and New England

Its true that bad teams havent run on us but good ones...(and the Jets) have

If we can hold the Texans to under 150 yards rushing...we'll have chance to win at the end..

But we are a small team defensively and that's going to be a tall task...

Lord no.....The Jets and Jacksonville (with MJD) ran all over us..so did the Bears and New England

Its true that bad teams havent run on us but good ones...(and the Jets) have

If we can hold the Texans to under 150 yards rushing...we'll have chance to win at the end..

But we are a small team defensively and that's going to be a tall task...

Im not sure what you mean by "small team defensively". 330 lb Mookie, 315 lb Redding, 310 lb Mathews, 330 lb Teveseu, 300+lb Guy. Our D-line is pretty darn big. Our LBer's maybe a little undersized but not by much going off the average size of LBer's on other 3-4 teams. Yeah, some teams have run the ball well against us this yr., but that happens to almost any team. Overall, I've been pretty impressed with our run stopping ability this yr.. The few exceptions are because Freeney for the most part still can't play the run very well.