Photo

Colts Vs Texans,

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Colts Vs Texans, (76 member(s) have cast votes)

can the colts beat the texans?

1. yes (64 votes [84.21%])

Percentage of vote: 84.21%

2. no (12 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Manning2Wayne

Manning2Wayne
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

just curious

have not been watching many colts games,

have seen two game winning drives, where both times the WR/RB made plays to get into the end zone.... Ballard/Avery..

I am curious to know, not be being biased, if the colts have what it takes to win one, or maybe even 2 against the texans...

..... especially since it seems they are resting foster, and almost lost to the jags/lions..

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10089 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Too early to tell. Let's focus on the Titans 1st. Take it one game at a Time

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#3 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 16011 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

TK is right ....... too soon

#4 Manning2Wayne

Manning2Wayne
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

ok! just curious, because if they beat them twice, that shakes up a lot of things!

#5 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10089 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

ok! just curious, because if they beat them twice, that shakes up a lot of things!

Nothing wrong with being Curious unless your name is George or you're a Cat. But at least wait till after the Titans game

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#6 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2335 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

We get the big win over all of Texas this week when we take the alamo back.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#7 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3537 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Can they? Yes. Will they is the more interesting question.

#8 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14677 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Not thinking about it
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#9 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3537 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree we can only take it one game at a time, I was being pedantic about the wording if the poll question, though I get what the OP meant.

#10 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5119 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Can we? Yes.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#11 JSChicago

JSChicago
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

The Texans are a good team, there's no doubt about that, but I don't think they are intimidating good. We just have to be careful and think before we throw any challenge flags..... it could cost us the game. :facepalm:

These Texan games should be good, I'm looking forward to them.

#12 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7843 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

no. texans are next week and thats when we talk about them. our focus is the titans. this is basically a trap game and we cant fall in it like we did with the jets

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6426 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Of course they CAN. However, will they?? Probably not, it's possible. MUCH more miraculous things have happened.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#14 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3370 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Yea, I think this poll is an intelligence test. If anyone vote's "no" we'll have our winner.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#15 chad72

chad72
  • 8998 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Trick question man, it is not "will they", it is "can they"? :)

Besides, I hope the Colts have gotten their issues with defending the zone blocking runs fixed. They stunk it up in pre-season though it was pre-season vs Redskins and Alfred Morris.

The first game, I still think at Houston, will be a blowout because it will take them a while to figure out the defense against those chop blocking Texan OL.

The second game, I think they will be more ready and prepared with what to expect, at home, that is the one I think we can pull off.

#16 Coltscodeblue

Coltscodeblue
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

I give the @H.Texans game 60/40 our way winning, it'll be pivotal for H.Texans if they loose against the patriots and Colts win against T.Titans. it might make them too desperate to win and make mistakes, I give Colts a slight advantage, going to be a nail biter :}

The game against the H.Texans that interests me more is the last game against the H.Texans at Colts home LOS and adding that H.Texans have never won/beat the Colts in our house in their short/brief history and I want to continue that so it will always sticks in their craw to the Colts advantage, Does anybody actually think they will rest their starters in the last game knowing a loss will continue the no win in Indy for another year, I'm guessing no, they are going to try and win, it's their ego's on the line and that are at stake and a loss is not going to sit well for another year! Or going into the playoffs! And even though it's less likely that it might be a fight for Division champs and home field advantage and a bye and home 1st game advantage. H.Texans have only clinched a playoff spot not the division yet... It's going to be interesting!!!!!

I pre-appoligize for a future of not a sniff of AFC South Championships for other AFC South teams in the next 10 to 15 more years till Andrew Luck retires!!!!!

#17 Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

can we beat them,sure,will we beat them,who knows,anything is possible.
"i went down to the crossroads,tryed to hitch a ride....nobody seemed to know me,everyone just passed me by"

#18 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 905 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Could we beat the Texans? Absolutely. Will we sweep them? Highly unlikely. They have a great power running game that we have shown that we can be very inconsistent against. A great D that creates turnovers and gets good pressure.

But I agree, let's just focus on the Titans atm.
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#19 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Can we beat them on the road? Absolutely not!

Can we beat them at home, with Pagano's scheduled return to the sidelines? Yes!
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#20 ColtsFan121

ColtsFan121
  • Rookie
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

We can win anybody in the league, If we play to our best and everything goes our way. And if we are at home then anything is possible.

#21 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17351 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Trick question man, it is not "will they", it is "can they"? :)

Besides, I hope the Colts have gotten their issues with defending the zone blocking runs fixed. They stunk it up in pre-season though it was pre-season vs Redskins and Alfred Morris.

The first game, I still think at Houston, will be a blowout because it will take them a while to figure out the defense against those chop blocking Texan OL.

The second game, I think they will be more ready and prepared with what to expect, at home, that is the one I think we can pull off.

I dont think they have but its been a bit of a mixed bag. We gave up 122 yards running to the Bears (Zone Blocking). Vikings (Zone Blocking)91 but 65 to Peterson
http://nflsfuture.co...ensive-schemes/ These are teams Blocking schemes, all you have to do is find the team we played against and look at the scheme they use and what we we gave up on the ground

#22 THUNDERHORSECOLT

THUNDERHORSECOLT
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Colts can win this game ... If we don't beat ourselves ! Go colts !!!

#23 04DarkShadowGT

04DarkShadowGT
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Too early to tell. Let's focus on the Titans 1st. Take it one game at a Time

The fans can focus on whatever they want, its not like we fans are game planning for Tennessee. The players cant look past an opponent, the fans can do whatever they want. Kinda silly imo lol.

Now to the question, can the Colts beat the Texans? Sure anything can happen. Indy only win one of the games with Houston if Houston either has a meltdown or rest a bunch of players. They are just way more talented at pretty much every position.

#24 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

The fans can focus on whatever they want, its not like we fans are game planning for Tennessee. The players cant look past an opponent, the fans can do whatever they want. Kinda silly imo lol.

Now to the question, can the Colts beat the Texans? Sure anything can happen. Indy only win one of the games with Houston if Houston either has a meltdown or rest a bunch of players. They are just way more talented at pretty much every position.

Any given Sunday. But for now, GO COLTS!
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#25 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 7528 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Houston has yet to earn the right to be feared.

#26 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4271 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Of course we can't. With BA's disgusting play calling, Luck's poor completion % and his high ratio of Ints to TD's means we shouldn't even turn up......
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#27 Manning2Wayne

Manning2Wayne
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

after what happened last night with the texans,

is it possible to take both games from houston? that would be awesome

#28 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5551 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

I would love for us to take the division, but I don't see it happening.

JJ sWatt versus our line? Yea, probably not good.

#29 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2909 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

We can win. It will take the best game of the players so far this year. All 3 phases. Any breakdowns in one will lead to the others burden, and breakdown as well. This easier to do at home than on the road. Normally, division games are tough ones (IE: Miami-Pats, Denver-Oakland, etc...), but with all new coaches and >60% new roster, this one is tough to call.

It means a lot to both teams, but they are coming off a good 'ole fashioned butt whipping and playing in their backyard. I just hope we keep it respectable throughout to get prepared for facing them again at home and (hopefully) going into the playoffs.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#30 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17351 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yeah I'd love to say we are gonna win this game but everything points to no, Not after a beating like the Texans took, No not with us not having an O Line, Watt has a VERY GOOD chance of having a career day BUT if we can get the run gme going to set up the pass then we can hang around and have a shot at the end IF our defense holds up to there end of the bargain. If none of that happens then this game will turn into a scrimmage for the Texans either way Luck is going to take alot of shots in this game

#31 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14677 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Can they Win=Yes
Will They Win=Unsure
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#32 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 2896 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Colts - 38

Texans - 34

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#33 Emma

Emma
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I think we have a good chance at winning one game. I don't know about two. It might be like what the Saints vs Falcons were like.

#34 pacolts56

pacolts56
  • 2896 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I think we have a good chance at winning one game. I don't know about two. It might be like what the Saints vs Falcons were like.

Yep.

And in 3 out of their last 4 games they've allowed 30+ points...including tight games against the Jags and Lions.

They are pretty loaded with talent, but they're not an unbeatable juggernaut.

“With Andrew, the "it" factor is his knack for making people better.

He wants his teammates to have success, wants them to get the credit.

I’ve never seen anybody like him in that respect.”  – HS Coach Eliot Allen

#35 Jules

Jules
  • 7392 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

I could see the Colts losing.

And I could see them winning.

I mean this is the Texans too. I do not always have faith in them under pressure. And yes they are under pressure after the MNF performance and if they lose Sunday they would be forced to try and win the division in Indy where they have never won before.

If only the Colts didn't lose to the Jags and the Texans did lose to the Jags/Lions. Endings like these could have changed A LOT. But, for this year and what the expectations were going in I will let it slide.

Hey remember in 2010 when we had to beat the Jags with 4 games to go or else the Jags won the division? lmao Hope the Texans have better LUCK then the Jaguars did. ;)

#36 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 16011 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Houston would have to take us lightly..like Green Bay...did

run up a big lead and they lay down...

Houston's powerfull running attack strikes at our defensive weakness

..and I dont know if Andrew Luck can get the ball away quick, enough against the Texans rushers

...all our running backs are hurt and its a must-win for a Houston team that was disgraced Monday././/..this could get ugly quickly

#37 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Houston would have to take us lightly..like Green Bay...did

run up a big lead and they lay down...

Houston's powerfull running attack strikes at our defensive weakness

..and I dont know if Andrew Luck can get the ball away quick, enough against the Texans rushers

...all our running backs are hurt and its a must-win for a Houston team that was disgraced Monday././/..this could get ugly quickly

I think our defensive weakness is more against the pass than the run. IMO the run defense has been pretty solid all yr. long, whereas we've been torched by several teams in the pass defense.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#38 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 16011 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

I think our defensive weakness is more against the pass than the run. IMO the run defense has been pretty solid all yr. long, whereas we've been torched by several teams in the pass defense.

Lord no.....The Jets and Jacksonville (with MJD) ran all over us..so did the Bears and New England

Its true that bad teams havent run on us but good ones...(and the Jets) have

If we can hold the Texans to under 150 yards rushing...we'll have chance to win at the end..

But we are a small team defensively and that's going to be a tall task...

#39 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Lord no.....The Jets and Jacksonville (with MJD) ran all over us..so did the Bears and New England

Its true that bad teams havent run on us but good ones...(and the Jets) have

If we can hold the Texans to under 150 yards rushing...we'll have chance to win at the end..

But we are a small team defensively and that's going to be a tall task...

Im not sure what you mean by "small team defensively". 330 lb Mookie, 315 lb Redding, 310 lb Mathews, 330 lb Teveseu, 300+lb Guy. Our D-line is pretty darn big. Our LBer's maybe a little undersized but not by much going off the average size of LBer's on other 3-4 teams. Yeah, some teams have run the ball well against us this yr., but that happens to almost any team. Overall, I've been pretty impressed with our run stopping ability this yr.. The few exceptions are because Freeney for the most part still can't play the run very well.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Aug
    Bogie

Happy Birthday to me, expecting a harvast

Show comments (11)
View All Updates