•  

Photo

Fan discussions on Luck v RGIII

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 cmgww

cmgww
  • 1301 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

This is getting out of hand. I am all for debate, but every day a new Luck/RG3 thread pops up, and one is still running at 22 pages now. Enough is enough. I am tired of it and it's ruining a great forum. I can't be the only one who feels this way

Edited by Nadine, 07 December 2012 - 05:32 PM.
Messages to moderation may only be made via pm

In it to win it since 1992....COLTS fan first, Manning fan 2nd

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Tsarquise

Tsarquise
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

You just contributed to the Luck vs RG3 threads. And if it bothers you that much, don't read it. Discussion is what forums are for.

#3 indy1888

indy1888
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

They need to start banning the new users with obvious troll screen names. Just like the one who joined tonight to show a clip of Luck throwing a pick and then saying "does this look like greatness". It's these type of people that are making it bad. They aren't here to discuss football, they are here to slam our QB and convince us all that RG is a god.

#4 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2568 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Better yet, ignore those threads. Pretty easy. I have done so for the most part. Haven't read any RG3 stuff allllll day... until now.

#5 RG3>Luck

RG3>Luck
  • Rookie
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

They need to start banning the new users with obvious troll screen names. Just like the one who joined tonight to show a clip of Luck throwing a pick and then saying "does this look like greatness". It's these type of people that are making it bad. They aren't here to discuss football, they are here to slam our QB and convince us all that RG is a god.

I am here to discuss football 100%.I do not think RG3 is god at all lol and I am not here to slam your QB. Luck is one heck of a talent but not there yet just like RG3. Both QBS are far from where they will be in 3 years. I laid out Roberts flaws in the other thread.

#6 Coltscodeblue

Coltscodeblue
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

I'll read what our guys have to talk about the topic, but if it's a troll I just skip it, just skip their posts and they'll go away if nobody responds, you can spot a troll easily even if they have a Colts friendly screen name, once they start typing their true nature shows up!!!!! I already have a mental list of the current ones and just instinctively go right past their posts and any quotes others re-post. And again new ones are easily spotted...

I pre-appoligize for a future of not a sniff of AFC South Championships for other AFC South teams in the next 10 to 15 more years till Andrew Luck retires!!!!!

#7 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1083 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

They should also probably ban the Colts fans who bring up Griffin in almost every thread, then, because they're probably most responsible for the surge in ridiculous bickering and Skins fans. I think the only non-Colts fan I've ever seen initiate this nonsense has already been banned and was a particularly egregious example of someone with nothing better to do than be a jerk on the internet.

#8 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16357 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

If there wasn't Luck vs Robert Griffin threads with 22 or more pages long then there would be other topics 22 or more pages long, Thats a hot debate right now just like the release of Manning was a hot debate for a while after it happened but it eventually died down around here drastically, They went 1 and 2 in the draft, This is a forum and with MANY fans and not all are Colts fans so there will be different views and some of those will even be based on homerism (Most of its not though coming from fans from different teams although some of it does). ya just have to take everything said on the forums with a grain of salt because at the end of the day we are all outsiders looking in, Ya have to have thick skin (not always easy on here let me tell ya).

#9 indy1888

indy1888
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

They should also probably ban the Colts fans who bring up Griffin in almost every thread, then, because they're probably most responsible for the surge in ridiculous bickering and Skins fans. I think the only non-Colts fan I've ever seen initiate this nonsense has already been banned and was a particularly egregious example of someone with nothing better to do than be a jerk on the internet.

If the Colts fan are obviously trolling, i agree.

I have not seen many that are. When someone comes here and posts a clip of Luck throwing a pick as his first post and has a screen name of RG3>Luck, chances are, he's here to start trouble? Agree? And it's not our fault that these people are here. This is a Colts forum, not a Redskins forum, so if these people come here it is by their own choice. We didn't force them here. I don't go to a Redskins site and post just because i don't like what was said.

#10 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1083 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I have not seen many that are. When someone comes here and posts a clip of Luck throwing a pick as his first post and has a screen name of RG3>Luck, chances are, he's here to start trouble? Agree? And it's not our fault that these people are here. This is a Colts forum, not a Redskins forum, so if these people come here it is by their own choice. We didn't force them here. I don't go to a Redskins site and post just because i don't like what was said.

He's not necessarily here to start trouble but he is running awfully low on tact. I really don't think there are very many real trolls around here on either side, there are just a lot of people who are very jaded and very entrenched in their position to the point where they are entirely unreasonable. If you want to call that trolling then I'd be forced to say that, yeah, some of y'all are trolling pretty hard too... but, again, I don't really believe that's an accurate way of stating the situation.

You may not post on a Redskins forum because you don't like what is being said but other fans do. It's an individual thing, not a concerted effort by an entire fanbase.

#11 coltsfanmilyman

coltsfanmilyman
  • 1212 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

He's not necessarily here to start trouble but he is running awfully low on tact. I really don't think there are very many real trolls around here on either side, there are just a lot of people who are very jaded and very entrenched in their position to the point where they are entirely unreasonable. If you want to call that trolling then I'd be forced to say that, yeah, some of y'all are trolling pretty hard too... but, again, I don't really believe that's an accurate way of stating the situation.

You may not post on a Redskins forum because you don't like what is being said but other fans do. It's an individual thing, not a concerted effort by an entire fanbase.

I agree with 100% of what you are saying but look at it from the perspective of a colts fan.

This is first of all a colts board, secondly if you are coming onto an opposing teams website, creating a username and posting on the teams website, it can very easily be taken as a trolling "move".

Lastly like you said all of us Colt fans are hypersensitive this year considering the year that it has been. Some people believe it or not are still sore of losing 18. For the past decade we have had to see thread after thread of Brady vs. Manning with many a Patriot fan(generally not our regular resident Pat fans.) So for me one thing that I was ready to be done with was this player vs. this player thread. Well unfortunate for me, but fortunate for you. . . .RGIII blew up and now we have 22(and counting pages) of a thread that is a microcosm of what we have experienced for more than a Decade.

Believe me, we are very entrenched in our team and as previously with the Manning vs. Brady the media was also a big motivator just as it is now with Luck and RGIII.

I don't think you will have any level headed fan on this board who wont say RGIII is good, but we just like our goofy guy way better.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken (Oscar Wilde)

We need to replace random acts of violence with random acts of Kindness  (Me)

#12 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

You think this is bad? You should have been here during the height of Manning vs Brady...

As for the people who are just here to troll just report them to the Mods they will catch them and deal with them. Remember the mods have lives too and aren't here 24/7 (although it seems like it at times and I mean that in a good way) so they might not get to it right away but they will deal with it quickly. The best thing you can do till they do once you have reported them is just ignore them and don't feed the trolls.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#13 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1083 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

I agree with 100% of what you are saying but look at it from the perspective of a colts fan.

This is first of all a colts board, secondly if you are coming onto an opposing teams website, creating a username and posting on the teams website, it can very easily be taken as a trolling "move".

Lastly like you said all of us Colt fans are hypersensitive this year considering the year that it has been. Some people believe it or not are still sore of losing 18. For the past decade we have had to see thread after thread of Brady vs. Manning with many a Patriot fan(generally not our regular resident Pat fans.) So for me one thing that I was ready to be done with was this player vs. this player thread. Well unfortunate for me, but fortunate for you. . . .RGIII blew up and now we have 22(and counting pages) of a thread that is a microcosm of what we have experienced for more than a Decade.

Believe me, we are very entrenched in our team and as previously with the Manning vs. Brady the media was also a big motivator just as it is now with Luck and RGIII.

I don't think you will have any level headed fan on this board who wont say RGIII is good, but we just like our goofy guy way better.

Well said. On our end, you have to keep in mind that we haven't had a franchise QB since Sonny Jurgenson (some will argue Joe Theismann but I don't think he played at a high level long enough to qualify), so we're REALLY hyped up about potentially having a talent at QB the likes of which we haven't seen in over 40 years and have become increasingly exasperated by all of the dismissive things said about the kid over the last 12+ weeks.

For all you see people criticize Luck, you don't see people question his ability to execute a pro offense or ridiculous comparisons to, say, Mark Sanchez. You see a lot of that kind of thing with Griffin with the similarly ridiculous Mike Vick comparisons and our inclusion of read-option concepts.

#14 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1196 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Well said. On our end, you have to keep in mind that we haven't had a franchise QB since Sonny Jurgenson (some will argue Joe Theismann but I don't think he played at a high level long enough to qualify), so we're REALLY hyped up about potentially having a talent at QB the likes of which we haven't seen in over 40 years and have become increasingly exasperated by all of the dismissive things said about the kid over the last 12+ weeks.

For all you see people criticize Luck, you don't see people question his ability to execute a pro offense or ridiculous comparisons to, say, Mark Sanchez. You see a lot of that kind of thing with Griffin with the similarly ridiculous Mike Vick comparisons and our inclusion of read-option concepts.

Anybody who compares him to a QB that can't throw or run doesn't know football. I have my opinions on RG3 and I have my opinions on Luck. Both are good and have the potential to be great and that's where I'll stop because going any deeper will only start more bla vs blah blah stuff haha.

#15 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1830 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

This is NOT the Luck v RG3 forum.

Actually, this forum is for "all things Colts football", so it is.

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

If [our] O-Line was a poker hand, I'd draw three. - Smonroe (9/26/12)

#16 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3347 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

I was hoping for more....um...punter vs punter threads. That is just as valid.

Next week.....Defensive coordinator vs defensive coordinator.

This would be a great time for a Jaric appearance.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#17 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16357 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

I was hoping for more....um...punter vs punter threads. That is just as valid.

Next week.....Defensive coordinator vs defensive coordinator.

This would be a great time for a Jaric appearance.

A HUGE debate would likely ensue if it was an O Coordinator vs O Coordinator, Now that is 1 I would be all in

#18 ColtsLegacy

ColtsLegacy

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

• 1386 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Is self-control really so darn hard? Don't read the darn threads if they bother you that much.

This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell out of here. - Michael Scott

#19 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9078 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

You should never tell the Mods what they "should" do. That may upset them. And you don't wanna upset the Mods man. *Mysterious Music Plays*

:mod:

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#20 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5384 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

Man how about that Adrian Peterson guy I mean machine, 12 months removed from tearing acl and is leading the league in rushing(1446yrds) 300+ more yards than 2nd place Lynch(1138yrds)

#21 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16357 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

You should never tell the Mods what they "should" do. That may upset them. And you don't wanna upset the Mods man. *Mysterious Music Plays*

:mod:

They are a Mod......And they are coming to get us!!! :funny: :lol: Just kidding.....Mods dont shoot! :heh: :giveup: :beg:

#22 stat2883

stat2883
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

Man how about that Adrian Peterson guy I mean machine, 12 months removed from tearing acl and is leading the league in rushing(1446yrds) 300+ more yards than 2nd place Lynch(1138yrds)

the man is simply not human
NFL fan in general.

#23 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

It's pretty annoying seeing the forum fill up with them but mainly because the standard of argument is so poor. The bias from both sides is painful, especially with people proclaiming themselves "objective" despite being so obviously not.

The key question is, though, why are both sets of fans so desperate to prove superiority? Redskins fans will argue they are not, and only feel the need to defend Griffin, which is rubbish - I don't feel the need to defend Luck against Dolphins fans who say Tannehill is better because I know that isn't true.

#24 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 6997 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

This thread has had its title and op edited because messages to moderation may not be made in the forum.
It has also been moved to the misc forum because it is not about colts football.
If you want to talk to a moderator, please use personal messaging.

That said, this thread can be used for fans to discuss what they think about these discussions.

Moderator opinion right now is that there are not a lot of threads on this topic. There is one very long one and another that went in that direction.

If you feel threads should be merged, please use the report link to report it and the post that is already posted on that topic

we do the best we can but we also ask that everyone help keep the boards organized.

My opinion on this is that the luck v rgiii discussion is.........uninteresting. I tend to think that people should just ignore them and the posters who irritate them on this topic

The subject is not going away for the foreseeable future..........as irritating as that is. Together we can keep it from dominating the boards.

Thanks for your understanding and assistance

We can embed tweets now:  http://forums.colts....bed-tweets-now/

#25 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

LOL, isn't that ironic - you start another NEW thread about luck rgiii to complain about luck rgii threads ... geesh!

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#26 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Meh these discussions are irrelevant.

Most people agree with the fact that both guys are very good. Colts fans will say Luck is the better guy because he has the intangibles, the leadership, the will to win, no matter what or how many points. Redskins fans will say RG3 because he has the stats, with his arm and legs.

Everyone is right no matter what. Most of the time it is a pride thing. Like people racing cars, they want to show the other person that their toy is better.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#27 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13237 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Its hard to get intertesde in the Luck-RG3 comparisons because the two boys have nothing in common...
They dont meet..not in the same conference....not similar at all..and dont know each other..or have a rivalry...

Luck-Manning comparisons I get....but its hard to find a legitimate paralell point that includes both of them...

#28 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 8542 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

I am here to discuss football 100%.I do not think RG3 is god at all lol and I am not here to slam your QB. Luck is one heck of a talent but not there yet just like RG3. Both QBS are far from where they will be in 3 years. I laid out Roberts flaws in the other thread.

I can agree with this..

#29 Manning2Wayne

Manning2Wayne
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

have not watched luck much,

been watching rg3, and from what ive seen, this guy is intelligent, gets better after an interception with decision making, he has lethal, lethal, lethal play action, its been a while seen ive been fooled in the same game, more then once, he is darn quick out of the back field, and has great touch on the ball,

now i understand RG3 has not had a healthy goto number 1 receiver and garcon is not even close to wayne in terms of possession, although redskins are 5-1 with garcon in the lineup,

rg3 wr is not comparable to colts, moss is really not integrated in the pass game, lost their best tight end,

rg3 has relied a lot on alfred morris zone block running and the option read which he fools DE's a lot,

luck seems to have passion and has taken it upon himself to win for coach pagano, the run game may not be as strong, but he has his old buddy fleener for comfort, allen, wayne, and hilton great drafting by the GM!

#30 coltsfanmilyman

coltsfanmilyman
  • 1212 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

I can completely understand being hyped up. I remember when Manning was drafted we were beyond excited, and then have the fortunate success to draft Luck(albeit because of a bad season). Personally I have never once heard a media outlet(espn,nflnetwork,) say anything negative about him. I have heard quite the contrary (he's the superior athlete, higher ceiling, would rather start with RGIII. Luck was hyped pre-draft no doubt. But between subway,gatorade, espn I see and hear/see enough of Griffin to get my fill. The comparisons to Vick are because of the speed and making people miss. Eventually those will drop off as he becomes better.

If your hearing more negative things, i'm amazed because from what I see he's the next best thing and all indy did was make a "safe" choice.

My beef with the whole Luck vs. RGIII is that what I feel that is being lost in the discussions is what Indy has done in terms of w's and L's. Heck Pete Prisco just the other week served himself up a nice slice of humble pie saying he didn't think the Colts would win more than 1 game. To me thats what really matters. Skins were decent last year(as I recall, but really didn't follow them) the colts. . . not so much.

I guess I just have 15 or so years to have the new Peyton vs. Brady a la Luck vs. RGIII

Here's hopin for some great football in the years to come. :thmup: :goodluck: :cheers:

Be yourself, everyone else is taken (Oscar Wilde)

We need to replace random acts of violence with random acts of Kindness  (Me)

#31 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5578 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Its hard to get intertesde in the Luck-RG3 comparisons because the two boys have nothing in common...
They dont meet..not in the same conference....not similar at all..and dont know each other..or have a rivalry...

Luck-Manning comparisons I get....but its hard to find a legitimate paralell point that includes both of them...

There will be no rivalry.. both in different conferences. Rivalries are built on competition and Indy and Washington will not see each other all too often. Unless Washington can get to as many SB's as Indy will in the next 10 years...

:td: :thmup: :disco:
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#32 RG3>Luck

RG3>Luck
  • Rookie
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Bro nobody is trolling you. I made the screen name after reading about 2 pages of " Robert Griffin III is too stupid to run our offense", Some people even walked to the racial line and fell short of saying they don't like him based on color. I know/hope those individuals don't speak for everyone on this board.

As far as posting the vid.. All that was said to redskins fans in that thread was 90% of Lucks Interceptions are because he has to go down field so much, so I posted a vid that showed otherwise. You guys have a nice board here and I am not a troll.

I don't feel we have to tear down eachothers QB to have a discussion.. If everyone is going to attack Griffin then dont get upset when people fire back at Luck even if it is right or wrong.

#33 indy1888

indy1888
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Bro nobody is trolling you. I made the screen name after reading about 2 pages of " Robert Griffin III is too stupid to run our offense", Some people even walked to the racial line and fell short of saying they don't like him based on color. I know/hope those individuals don't speak for everyone on this board.

As far as posting the vid.. All that was said to redskins fans in that thread was 90% of Lucks Interceptions are because he has to go down field so much, so I posted a vid that showed otherwise. You guys have a nice board here and I am not a troll.

I don't feel we have to tear down eachothers QB to have a discussion.. If everyone is going to attack Griffin then dont get upset when people fire back at Luck even if it is right or wrong.

The video you posted does not show otherwise. Luck does have to throw downfield a lot. He often has no checkdown options.

You posted a video of a pick and then said something like "does this look like greatness". I think people can make up their own mind what your intention was.

Now if you want to talk football now, then great. But that was a trolling post.

#34 Emma

Emma
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Too much coverage on RGII's injury. As expected.

#35 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4660 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

A decade plus of Manning/Brady debates and I have never even been tempted to visit the Patriots fan boards - much less join them and try to convince them that their favorite player is inferior to mine. I can guess what they think, how I would be received, and how ineffective arguing with them would be. And he was actually a rival!

What exactly did you expect to find and accomplish here? If you aren't trolling, then you must be related to Don Quixote.

#36 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Everything Will Be Okay
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates