Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Special season and bright future

TheJACKCOLT

Yes, this team has alot of holes and like years past (with Peyton) our quarterback has covered up alot of those holes. What we are seeing with Luck is truly amazing. i don't believe there is another quarterback in the NFL that would have eight wins with this team, Peyton, Brady, Brees etc... could not win eight games with this team(and no I'm not saying Luck is better than the formentioned QB's) but they don't have the mobility and ability to extend plays that Luck has. The Colts O-line is so poor that these great quarterbacks would be rendered helpless behind this line, and the other rookie quarterback sensation this season(RG3) has the mobility, but can't throw the ball downfield, like Luck does. RG3 does his damage as a passer off of the play-action passes, set up by the Redskins NFL leading ground attack. The play-action pass, is not a luxury that Luck has behind the Colts weak running game. The poor O-line play and weak running game, is what makes what Luck has done so remarkable. This is why he is the only quarterback in the NFL that could have this team at 8-4. Thats why building a strong O-line in the offseason is priority one, with this team. I know that we need CB's (priority two) ,but by building a good O-line in the offseason, will take care of just about any shortcomings the offense will have. The improved O-line will take care of the weak rushing attack as well, as I feel we have enough talent at running back. With another WR added to the mix our offense is set, then we can focus on the defense. A couple of CB's a safety and either resign Freeney or bring in a pass rushing OLB and bring in a D-lineman and this team is ready to make a run at a Super bowl. I know thats a tall order for one offseason, but some of these players may already be on the roster (Chapmen, Lefeged, Butler) between the draft picks and all the cap money we will have in 2013, I believe most of these holes can be filled. I think due to his injury that we can resign Moala at a decent price and he was relly coming on strong before the injury. I just don't want to see Luck have to run around for his life like he has this season. With a good O-line this offense can be as good as any in the NFL. So to make a long story short, yes this team is fortunate to be 8-4 and if not, for such a special player at quarterback, it could be a lot worse. Luck can get us to the playoffs with the holes we have, but unfortunately we will not go far. But at the same time were not far off, Luck is not the only player out of this draft thats going to be a star. Luck is that rare player that can make the guys around him better. His precense will speed up the development of all the other rookies drafted with him and I think we've already seen that. With a years expereince all our rookies on offense will be better, guys like Fleener, Allen, Ballard, Hilton have star written all over them. I beleive time will show this to be the best draft the Colts have ever had, and Brazil and Chapmen could be stars too. Freeman is already a star and probably the most underated player in the league. Late arrivals like Davis and Butler will be much improved too with a full training camp and OTA's. Getting Mckinney and Nevis back and hopefully Moala (if we resign him) his injury could be a blessing in disguise for next season , if it allows us to sign him for cheap, he was really beginning to play well before the injury. Getting anything at all out of Ijalana or Anderson would be a bonus. We are beating teams now, with more talent than we have, but we truly play as a team and that makes up for talent. With the emotion and unity we have, with Paganos illness, and a quarterbacks thats will to win inspires every guy on the team, this has been a special season and a joy to watch. To be honest we are probably playing better than we are, but we are not that far off, not with the quarterback we have. With another year of expereince, offseason improvements to the O-line and defense(through free agencey and the draft) and this can be a Super Bowl team. To be that good two years after completely overhauling a team is unheard of, but with a freak for a quarterback it can be done. What a great time to be a Colts fan. "GO COLTS"

One thing that Luck does that sets him apart from any other QB in the league is his amazing ability to win games in the 4th quarter. He already has 5 4th quarter comebacks in either regulation or overtime this season which leads the league! And to be able to lead game winning drives with a couple minutes or less in the game 5 times by a rookie is unheard of! Do you think if rg3 was on our team instead of Luck that he could have done the same thing and have 8 wins with our current roster, like NO WAY JOSE!!!

I think we did Good in the Draft. Only ones that didn't really work out were Fugger & I guess you could say Harnish. We haven't seen Chapman yet.

I sort of agree on Harnish, not that you ever expect a lot from a 7th round draft choice. I only say this because a buddy of mine and I always wondered why, if the Colts were looking for a QB to develop as Luck's backup, why they didn't take Kellen Moore, who ended up not being drafted. The kid won a lot of big games at Boise St. and put up huge numbers while doing it. I thought he was a much better choice than Harnish, who put up nice numbers in college but only played in the MAC and never played on a big stage. I would have thought Moore could have turned into a pretty solid backup for Luck and wished the Colts would have taken him there if the idea was to groom a backup.

This season has been great to this point. That is for sure.

Although this team is like this because we spent the #1 on Luck. Maybe if we drafted Griffin it could be the same, but I'm positive we would have tailored the team to his strengths. It would have been silly not to.

If we had another veteran QB, be it Peyton, Tom, Drew, Aaron, Stafford, Eli, Matty Ice, ect..., this team would not be in this state. Off-season would have been completely different, the draft would have been completely different, and the re-signings would have been completely different. Now would it have been better, only those that can foresee the future for different scenarios can tell us. I doubt any of us can.

So in a way Luck is the only QB to be able to win with this team. Do to the fact this team is only this way because of the path we chose.

Although this team is like this because we spent the #1 on Luck. Maybe if we drafted Griffin it could be the same, but I'm positive we would have tailored the team to his strengths. It would have been silly not to.

If we had another veteran QB, be it Peyton, Tom, Drew, Aaron, Stafford, Eli, Matty Ice, ect..., this team would not be in this state. Off-season would have been completely different, the draft would have been completely different, and the re-signings would have been completely different. Now would it have been better, only those that can foresee the future for different scenarios can tell us. I doubt any of us can.

So in a way Luck is the only QB to be able to win with this team. Do to the fact this team is only this way because of the path we chose.

Uh, that what JACK said

"he (Andrew Luck) is the only QB in the NFL who could have this team at 8-4"

The statement was Luck with THIS TEAM....not under different hypothetical circumstances...

I would suggest that obviously...Tom Brady..Peyton Manning, Drew Brees...Eli Manning...Matt Ryan..Matt Stafford....Tony Romo (no, not RG3) and

a few others could have won 8 or more against this soft schedule (no Texans, no Steelers, no Bronocs) so far with this EXACT team...

Come on, man.

Uh, that's not quite what JACK said....

He said....."he (Andrew Luck) is the only QB in the NFL who could have this team at 8-4"

The statement was Luck with THIS TEAM....not under different hypothetical circumstances...

./.and that's flattering but not real..

I would suggest that obviously...Tom Brady..Peyton Manning, Drew Brees...Eli Manning...Matt Ryan..Matt Stafford....Tony Romo (no, not RG3) and

a few others could have won 8 or more against this soft schedule (no Texans, no Steelers, no Bronocs) so far with this EXACT team...

Come on, man.

I sort of agree on Harnish, not that you ever expect a lot from a 7th round draft choice. I only say this because a buddy of mine and I always wondered why, if the Colts were looking for a QB to develop as Luck's backup, why they didn't take Kellen Moore, who ended up not being drafted. The kid won a lot of big games at Boise St. and put up huge numbers while doing it. I thought he was a much better choice than Harnish, who put up nice numbers in college but only played in the MAC and never played on a big stage. I would have thought Moore could have turned into a pretty solid backup for Luck and wished the Colts would have taken him there if the idea was to groom a backup.

I question Moore's ability to adapt to NFL play. If Stanton stays, I believe we will be in good hands.