Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SupermanLuck12

McKinnie.

18 posts in this topic

Any chance he returns for the Colts next season and makes an impact? Must admit I sort of forgot about the guy since we lost him in the preseason..

Any chance he returns for the Colts next season and makes an impact? Must admit I sort of forgot about the guy since we lost him in the preseason..

Good question. Not sure about this with Chapman, possibly the draft & other free agents. He was a BIG body though and might be a good fit. Unfortunately we really didn't get to see that much of him though he did make a few good plays.

I don't think making an inpact is likely. He's a rotational type player.

Mckinney is a rotational NT just like the rest of our NT's but when Mckinney was called upon he did not play that well, he played on skates alot and Mooke clearly was the better looked to be the better option as a 0 Technique NT (Mookie looks to struggle more at the 1 Technique). If it came down to Mckinney or Mookie, I'd resign Mookie, I think Mookie will be eventually (if Chapman gets healthy) a backup to Chapman but not a bad #2 option at all

He is a load when you run right at him, but he has a hard time reaching the runner after he sheds. I wonder what his broad jump was at the combine.

He is a load when you run right at him, but he has a hard time reaching the runner after he sheds. I wonder what his broad jump was at the combine.

7'8"

1 person likes this

I say keep him and use him in the rotation. Can't be any worse than what we have already.

Plus with Chapman next year, that could be a decent combo.

McKinney hasn't played in a year, Chapman has never played pro ball. That's two huge unknowns. At least Mookie is playing every game. I don't know if its just wishful thinking, but I think he's played pretty well as of late.

This is a position that really needs to be improved next year. I hope there are some good FAs available.

He's under contract for next season, cap hit approximately $1.15m. I'm pretty sure we'll keep him on the roster, and he has a good chance to be ready for camp.

Mckinney is a rotational NT just like the rest of our NT's but when Mckinney was called upon he did not play that well, he played on skates alot and Mooke clearly was the better looked to be the better option as a 0 Technique NT (Mookie looks to struggle more at the 1 Technique). If it came down to Mckinney or Mookie, I'd resign Mookie, I think Mookie will be eventually (if Chapman gets healthy) a backup to Chapman but not a bad #2 option at all

Let's not just count out Martin I think he does a very good job on running down lol

Let's not just count out Martin I think he does a very good job on running down lol

I'd be very surprised if Tevaseu is back next year.

I might keep Tevasue over Mckinney quite honestly if it came down to that but it wont likely, But I'd rather release Mckinney and Tevasue and draft Kwame Geathers in the 5th if he is still around at this point. oh well not up to me

I might keep Tevasue over Mckinney quite honestly if it came down to that but it wont likely, But I'd rather release Mckinney and Tevasue and draft Kwame Geathers in the 5th if he is still around at this point. oh well not up to me

You get a 90 man camp roster, so that's probably not going to be necessary. As for Tevaseu, he's a restricted free agent after this season. I'm not 100% certain how the RFA tenders work anymore, but I would assume that any tender we place on him would be fairly routine***. It wouldn't surprise me if he's back in camp, along with McKinney (also under contract for next season), along with a few other new bodies.

I would actually expect to see Antonio Johnson gone more than anyone else. He's a free agent next year, and I don't think we'd be offering him anything substantial to stay.

*** The "right of first refusal" qualifying offer is $1.2m. That's the lowest level tender there is. I doubt we'd go that far to keep Tevaseu. He'll likely be an unrestricted free agent.

You get a 90 man camp roster, so that's probably not going to be necessary. As for Tevaseu, he's a restricted free agent after this season. I'm not 100% certain how the RFA tenders work anymore, but I would assume that any tender we place on him would be fairly routine***. It wouldn't surprise me if he's back in camp, along with McKinney (also under contract for next season), along with a few other new bodies.

I would actually expect to see Antonio Johnson gone more than anyone else. He's a free agent next year, and I don't think we'd be offering him anything substantial to stay.

*** The "right of first refusal" qualifying offer is $1.2m. That's the lowest level tender there is. I doubt we'd go that far to keep Tevaseu. He'll likely be an unrestricted free agent.

Yeah I recently looked at Spotrac I new who was a UFA, I was more or less just giving my opinion as to who I thought played best at NT (even though we dont have much to go by in Mckinney's case because of injury). Like you say because of the simple fact that Johnson is a UFA he could be let go and perhap pick 1 up in FA or the draft(hopefully late if we do). I honestly would not be surprised if we didn't do anything with our NT's seeing as how we will hopefully have 4 if Chapman is healthy, Still I have to wonder with Mckinney's ACL tear and hm being 345lbs or with Chapmans left knee and him being 316lbs, They are proffesionals so probably not alot to be worried about but just a thought I had.

Yeah I recently looked at Spotrac I new who was a UFA, I was more or less just giving my opinion as to who I thought played best at NT (even though we dont have much to go by in Mckinney's case because of injury). Like you say because of the simple fact that Johnson is a UFA he could be let go and perhap pick 1 up in FA or the draft(hopefully late if we do). I honestly would not be surprised if we didn't do anything with our NT's seeing as how we will hopefully have 4 if Chapman is healthy, Still I have to wonder with Mckinney's ACL tear and hm being 345lbs or with Chapmans left knee and him being 316lbs, They are proffesionals so probably not alot to be worried about but just a thought I had.

I think Chapman ought to be ready to go. His operation will be a year and seven months past by the time camp opens next year. He's had extensive rehab, therapy, etc. I would expect him to be a full strength by next season.

McKinney will be behind him a bit, but still will be close to a year beyond surgery by the time camp starts.