Photo

McKinnie.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 3687 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Any chance he returns for the Colts next season and makes an impact? Must admit I sort of forgot about the guy since we lost him in the preseason..
"In Grigson We Trust!"

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 7186 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Any chance he returns for the Colts next season and makes an impact? Must admit I sort of forgot about the guy since we lost him in the preseason..

Good question. Not sure about this with Chapman, possibly the draft & other free agents. He was a BIG body though and might be a good fit. Unfortunately we really didn't get to see that much of him though he did make a few good plays.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#3 dw49

dw49
  • 4657 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I don't think making an inpact is likely. He's a rotational type player.

#4 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19151 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Not sure
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#5 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18883 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Mckinney is a rotational NT just like the rest of our NT's but when Mckinney was called upon he did not play that well, he played on skates alot and Mooke clearly was the better looked to be the better option as a 0 Technique NT (Mookie looks to struggle more at the 1 Technique). If it came down to Mckinney or Mookie, I'd resign Mookie, I think Mookie will be eventually (if Chapman gets healthy) a backup to Chapman but not a bad #2 option at all

#6 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

He is a load when you run right at him, but he has a hard time reaching the runner after he sheds. I wonder what his broad jump was at the combine.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#7 AustinCollie17

AustinCollie17

• 2194 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

He is a load when you run right at him, but he has a hard time reaching the runner after he sheds. I wonder what his broad jump was at the combine.

7'8"
Waiting for the draft...

#8 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19151 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

NT depth could be great next year
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#9 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 5143 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I say keep him and use him in the rotation. Can't be any worse than what we have already.

Plus with Chapman next year, that could be a decent combo.

#10 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I like Tevaseu more actually...he's a pretty solid NT

#11 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7730 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

McKinney hasn't played in a year, Chapman has never played pro ball. That's two huge unknowns. At least Mookie is playing every game. I don't know if its just wishful thinking, but I think he's played pretty well as of late.

This is a position that really needs to be improved next year. I hope there are some good FAs available.

#12 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 18378 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

He's under contract for next season, cap hit approximately $1.15m. I'm pretty sure we'll keep him on the roster, and he has a good chance to be ready for camp.
LET'S HUNT

#13 jbaron04

jbaron04
  • 1474 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Mckinney is a rotational NT just like the rest of our NT's but when Mckinney was called upon he did not play that well, he played on skates alot and Mooke clearly was the better looked to be the better option as a 0 Technique NT (Mookie looks to struggle more at the 1 Technique). If it came down to Mckinney or Mookie, I'd resign Mookie, I think Mookie will be eventually (if Chapman gets healthy) a backup to Chapman but not a bad #2 option at all

Let's not just count out Martin I think he does a very good job on running down lol

#14 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 6597 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Let's not just count out Martin I think he does a very good job on running down lol

I'd be very surprised if Tevaseu is back next year.

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."  Why do we even need one way?  Who's out there skinning cats?  And why do we need more than one way to do it?  Isn't one enough?

#15 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18883 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

I might keep Tevasue over Mckinney quite honestly if it came down to that but it wont likely, But I'd rather release Mckinney and Tevasue and draft Kwame Geathers in the 5th if he is still around at this point. oh well not up to me

#16 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 18378 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

I might keep Tevasue over Mckinney quite honestly if it came down to that but it wont likely, But I'd rather release Mckinney and Tevasue and draft Kwame Geathers in the 5th if he is still around at this point. oh well not up to me

You get a 90 man camp roster, so that's probably not going to be necessary. As for Tevaseu, he's a restricted free agent after this season. I'm not 100% certain how the RFA tenders work anymore, but I would assume that any tender we place on him would be fairly routine***. It wouldn't surprise me if he's back in camp, along with McKinney (also under contract for next season), along with a few other new bodies.

I would actually expect to see Antonio Johnson gone more than anyone else. He's a free agent next year, and I don't think we'd be offering him anything substantial to stay.

*** The "right of first refusal" qualifying offer is $1.2m. That's the lowest level tender there is. I doubt we'd go that far to keep Tevaseu. He'll likely be an unrestricted free agent.
LET'S HUNT

#17 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18883 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

You get a 90 man camp roster, so that's probably not going to be necessary. As for Tevaseu, he's a restricted free agent after this season. I'm not 100% certain how the RFA tenders work anymore, but I would assume that any tender we place on him would be fairly routine***. It wouldn't surprise me if he's back in camp, along with McKinney (also under contract for next season), along with a few other new bodies.

I would actually expect to see Antonio Johnson gone more than anyone else. He's a free agent next year, and I don't think we'd be offering him anything substantial to stay.

*** The "right of first refusal" qualifying offer is $1.2m. That's the lowest level tender there is. I doubt we'd go that far to keep Tevaseu. He'll likely be an unrestricted free agent.

Yeah I recently looked at Spotrac I new who was a UFA, I was more or less just giving my opinion as to who I thought played best at NT (even though we dont have much to go by in Mckinney's case because of injury). Like you say because of the simple fact that Johnson is a UFA he could be let go and perhap pick 1 up in FA or the draft(hopefully late if we do). I honestly would not be surprised if we didn't do anything with our NT's seeing as how we will hopefully have 4 if Chapman is healthy, Still I have to wonder with Mckinney's ACL tear and hm being 345lbs or with Chapmans left knee and him being 316lbs, They are proffesionals so probably not alot to be worried about but just a thought I had.

#18 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 18378 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Yeah I recently looked at Spotrac I new who was a UFA, I was more or less just giving my opinion as to who I thought played best at NT (even though we dont have much to go by in Mckinney's case because of injury). Like you say because of the simple fact that Johnson is a UFA he could be let go and perhap pick 1 up in FA or the draft(hopefully late if we do). I honestly would not be surprised if we didn't do anything with our NT's seeing as how we will hopefully have 4 if Chapman is healthy, Still I have to wonder with Mckinney's ACL tear and hm being 345lbs or with Chapmans left knee and him being 316lbs, They are proffesionals so probably not alot to be worried about but just a thought I had.

I think Chapman ought to be ready to go. His operation will be a year and seven months past by the time camp opens next year. He's had extensive rehab, therapy, etc. I would expect him to be a full strength by next season.

McKinney will be behind him a bit, but still will be close to a year beyond surgery by the time camp starts.
LET'S HUNT

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      17 Dec
    Kevin Bowen

Of the NFL's top 65 leaders in rushing attempts at the RB position, Boom Herron’s 5.1 yards per carry is the 3rd highest (61 attempts).

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      17 Dec
    mo0nlighting

Saw "The Lion King" last night on stage. Even though I knew what to kind of expect, the show was still amazing, and the intro is worth the price of admission alone!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates