Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If we get in...who do you want in the first round?

horseshoepower

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as a first round opponet

• Baltimore
    • Houston
    • Denver
    • New England

They would all have good storylines.

Houston - rookie QB vs. solid defense, division rivalry, etc.

Baltimore - this is probably our "easiest" matchup, Pagano vs. his old team, Baltimore's hate for Indy

Denver - Luck vs. Peyton

Pats - they smoked us the first time we played, Colts vs. Pats rivalry

I'm just hoping our last playoff game is a victory over anyone in the NFC, if you know what I mean

Denver.

Brady in the playoffs? Mhhm good luck with that one, Baltimore would not be so bad if no Suggs or Lewis, but Rice would likely run all over us. The Texans D would be all over Luck and probably Foster to so no thanks. I say Denver because of Peytons less then stellar playoff history I think. At the end of the day I think we still lose to Denver, Peyton vs our Secondary (no matter what his playoff history shows) wont likely be pretty but I think thats our best shot to open up the playoffs

Denver.

Brady in the playoffs? Mhhm good luck with that one, Baltimore would not be so bad if no Suggs or Lewis, but Rice would likely run all over us. The Texans D would be all over Luck and probably Foster to so no thanks. I say Denver because of Peytons less then stellar playoff history I think. At the end of the day I think we still lose to Denver, Peyton vs our Secondary (no matter what his playoff history shows) wont likely be pretty but I think thats our best shot to open up the playoffs

Be Careful What You Wish For Friend :) I personally think the Ravens would give us a better chance but all the teams will be playing to WIN :thmup:

We've seen how our team looks against New England on the road and it's not good.

I think Peyton would tear our defense apart. He's a great QB and even though it's a new system it's a lot of the same players he spent years going up against in practice and great QBs tend to win those match ups when they play.

It's HIGHLY unlikely we would see the Texans in round one.

So by default that leaves the AFC North Winner as probably our best match up.

I am in no way saying I think we would beat the AFC North Winner but I think that's our best match up.

We've seen how our team looks against New England on the road and it's not good.

I think Peyton would tear our defense apart. He's a great QB and even though it's a new system it's a lot of the same players he spent years going up against in practice and great QBs tend to win those match ups when they play.

It's HIGHLY unlikely we would see the Texans in round one.

So by default that leaves the AFC North Winner as probably our best match up.

I am in no way saying I think we would beat the AFC North Winner but I think that's our best match up.

Despite the fact that it's been the better part of a year, this still looks incredibly bizarre to read on this forum. I still can't imagine him facing the boys in blue...it'd be like seeing Batman fight Robin. Just something you never expected to see. I agree though...the Colts best bet is probably going to be Baltimore.

1. Our run D is better than our pass D. I am more confident in stopping Ray Rice and a mediocre Flacco that wont make us pay for mistakes on the road.
  2. Pagano, Redding, Zbikowski, and our safeties coach Roy Anderson all have enough inside info on Ravens' D
  3. Arians has played Ravens' D ample times to know what works as well
  4. Ladarius Webb is on IR, their secondary is not as stout as it can be. As long as you are mindful of Ed Reed, we should be good

The above are all several factors that tell me Baltimore is the best match up. If Haloti Ngata and Ladarius Webb were playing and Suggs & Lewis were not banged up, it would be different. I do think that is a big difference, Ngata in the middle against our O-line. Just put a hurt on Suggs' biceps if he tries to hurt us :).