Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bernie Kosar makes rambling, incoherent appearance on Cleveland radio (AUDIO)

shakedownstreet

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/06/kosar-incoherent-appearance-cleveland/1750929/

11:01AM EST December 6. 2012 - Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar made an incoherent, tearful appearance on a local Cleveland radio show this week.

Kosar slurred his way through the weekly guest spot on The Hooligans on ESPN 850. He bizarrely talked about "franks and beans," made a nonsensical joke about one of the hosts getting injured and cried when discussing his appearance on NFL Road Tested, a show on The Travel Channel. At the end of the segment, the hosts tried to get Kosar back on track by asking him about the Browns upcoming game with the Kansas City Chiefs.

The five-minute clip is a tough listen:

I always liked Kosar. He looked like the future of the NFL from 1985 to 1987. That '87 Browns team was really fun to watch too; Slaughter, Mack/Byner, Ozzie Newsome, and then on defense I remember a Corner, by the name of Wright? Eric Wright perhaps? I think Clay Matthews was on that team too.

His career just went down with all those concussions and injuries very early in his career. He was never the same again after that injury that put him out in the '88 season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198701030cle.htm

One of the best playoff games I ever seen as a kid. Still to this day, Kosar's 489 yards is quite impressive, considering back then it was a much rougher league. That game went on forever, I think it was the longest playoff game at the time. Would have been a tie in regular season.