Photo

Bernie Kosar makes rambling, incoherent appearance on Cleveland radio (AUDIO)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6033 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

http://www.usatoday....veland/1750929/

11:01AM EST December 6. 2012 - Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar made an incoherent, tearful appearance on a local Cleveland radio show this week.

Kosar slurred his way through the weekly guest spot on The Hooligans on ESPN 850. He bizarrely talked about "franks and beans," made a nonsensical joke about one of the hosts getting injured and cried when discussing his appearance on NFL Road Tested, a show on The Travel Channel. At the end of the segment, the hosts tried to get Kosar back on track by asking him about the Browns upcoming game with the Kansas City Chiefs.

The five-minute clip is a tough listen:

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Good Lord. You would think that a producer would have been on the phone with him first, noticed the problem, and cancelled the appearance.

#3 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 16265 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Its tough to be from Cleveland...

#4 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2135 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

I always liked Kosar. He looked like the future of the NFL from 1985 to 1987. That '87 Browns team was really fun to watch too; Slaughter, Mack/Byner, Ozzie Newsome, and then on defense I remember a Corner, by the name of Wright? Eric Wright perhaps? I think Clay Matthews was on that team too.

His career just went down with all those concussions and injuries very early in his career. He was never the same again after that injury that put him out in the '88 season.

okv09w.jpg

#5 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6033 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Its tough to be from Cleveland...

#6 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6033 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

kosar & the browns beat the colts in the first ever playoff appearance of the indianapolis era 1987

#7 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Pathetic!!!

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#8 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2135 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

http://www.pro-footb...98701030cle.htm

One of the best playoff games I ever seen as a kid. Still to this day, Kosar's 489 yards is quite impressive, considering back then it was a much rougher league. That game went on forever, I think it was the longest playoff game at the time. Would have been a tie in regular season.

okv09w.jpg

#9 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 16265 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

When you played for the Browns...sometimes you have to drink to forget

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      01 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

JOES LEAGUE..I am getting sick, and not feeling well..I'll try to be on as much as possible to help with fixing the draft errors..I need you all to cooperate and rop the players you actually didnt draft and then in a day or 2 put in a waiver request for those you did draft...I may not be on but i['ll try...sorry guys

View All Updates