Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hope Titans dont switch to Hasselbeck

oldunclemark

Jake Locker threw 3 interceptions last week so when we hit him....please dont hit him too hard and help him up.

We dont want the veteran Hasselbeck (22 of 29, 236 last time) coming in..he could cause problems

With Locker..all you have to do is worry about him handling off the Chris Johnson....who is probably the only guy they have that can beat us..at this point

The only way they go back to hasselback is if locker gets hurt you don't yank the guy you think is your franchise qb in and out of the starting line up like that.

I also think you sell locker short. He's shown flashes of being pretty good at times hopefully he doesn't have one of those flashes Sunday. Like Luck he's more mobile than most give him credit for and Matt was able to run on us in the first meeting so locker does add a new element that we have to account for as well.

The only way they go back to hasselback is if locker gets hurt you don't yank the guy you think is your franchise qb in and out of the starting line up like that.

I also think you sell locker short. He's shown flashes of being pretty good at times hopefully he doesn't have one of those flashes Sunday. Like Luck he's more mobile than most give him credit for and Matt was able to run on us in the first meeting so locker does add a new element that we have to account for as well.

Jake Locker is their franchise QB? Really?

You're right...I do sell Locker short....120 of 212, 1473....8TDs. 7 interceptions.....in his 2nd season?

....those are Mark Sanchez numbers, right?

You're right...I do sell Locker short....120 of 212, 1473....8TDs. 7 interceptions.....in his 2nd season?

he wasn't the starter last year and spent most of this year hurt I think it's safe to say locker hasn't been given the chance to show what he can do or can't do yet and clearly has not had the same chance Sanchez has had.

Also yes they think he's their franchise qb or they wouldn't have taken him that high. They aren't going to give up on him after a handful of starts.

he wasn't the starter last year and spent most of this year hurt I think it's safe to say locker hasn't been given the chance to show what he can do or can't do yet and clearly has not had the same chance Sanchez has had.

Also yes they think he's their franchise qb or they wouldn't have taken him that high. They aren't going to give up on him after a handful of starts.

What does Franchise QB mean to you......

..again ..is Mark Sanchez a Franchise QB....? Kevin Kolb? Carson Palmer? Russell Wilson?

..there are maybe 15 'franchise' QBs in the whole league

Jake Locker threw 3 interceptions last week so when we hit him....please dont hit him too hard and help him up.

We dont want the veteran Hasselbeck (22 of 29, 236 last time) coming in..he could cause problems

With Locker..all you have to do is worry about him handling off the Chris Johnson....who is probably the only guy they have that can beat us..at this point

Agree. Hasselback really hurt us in the first game. He was easily the reason why we were struggling to win-- it certainly wasn't Chris Johnson, although I remember him having a decent game running the ball. Hasselback was not making mistakes and was hitting open receivers left and right. Even though Locker has potential, I would much rather our defense face him rather than the guy that has already beaten our defense pretty bad through the air once. If I recall in that first meeting, we had 1 sack and hardly pressured him at all. Probably a big part of Hasselback's success in that game.

With all that said, the game is at home, and I feel pretty confident that we win barring some major breakdown on either side of the ball.

What does Franchise QB mean to you......

..again ..is Mark Sanchez a Franchise QB....? Kevin Kolb? Carson Palmer? Russell Wilson?

..there are maybe 15 'franchise' QBs in the whole league

Like I keep saying the TITANS think locker is that guy for them they would not have spent a top pick on him last year if they didn't and they aren't going to give up on him after a handful of starts. You can cast any judgement you want about him but it doesn't really matter if you or me think locker is the long term answer for the titans or not. They do so they aren't going to bench him right now.

Personally I think locker has shown signs of promise for a team like the titans that want to be a run first team. No I don't think he is going to be as good ad say Luck but there are less than 10 of those players in the NFL at any given moment. I do think Locker can be in the group right below that and you can win with that at the NFL level.

They've also fired their old offensive coordinator, hired a new one and now Tom Moore is involved with the offense, somewhat. I still think that if Luck and our offense plays consitently well, we should win this game. We need to put points on the board, especially when we're in the red zone. Our defense will be fine, not good or great, but good enough to stop the Titans.

Like I keep saying the TITANS think locker is that guy for them they would not have spent a top pick on him last year if they didn't and they aren't going to give up on him after a handful of starts. You can cast any judgement you want about him but it doesn't really matter if you or me think locker is the long term answer for the titans or not. They do so they aren't going to bench him right now.

Personally I think locker has shown signs of promise for a team like the titans that want to be a run first team. No I don't think he is going to be as good ad say Luck but there are less than 10 of those players in the NFL at any given moment. I do think Locker can be in the group right below that and you can win with that at the NFL level.

I dont think Tennesse believes Locker is a long term answer....They made a big run at Peyton manning...in the off-season

We disagree..He isnt that good..and I think they know it....everybody does.....he's not 'Mr Right'..He's 'Mr. Right now'

Similar to the Alex Smith situation in SF..only on a losing team

You can spend a top pick on a guy who isnt that good..and you know it quickly...

Personally, I want the Colts to play and beat the other teams best starters. Doesn't help the growth to hope for hurt or mediocre players play.

Personally, I want the Colts to play and beat the other teams best starters. Doesn't help the growth to hope for hurt or mediocre players play.

That's a very altruistic look at things..Bubba...........I admire your high-mindedness and your class. :thmup:

Me..I want to make the playoffs any way I can...

I want the Titans to play Locker because he's not as good as Matt Hasselbeck...

But I wouldnt mind if they played Elisabeth Hasselbeck....I just want to win a must game

.....we realistically cant make the playoffs without a win Sunday...

The Titans are a mess, and I don't think Hasselbeck is going to hurt you that bad.

Bud Adams has completely run that team into the ground. Look at Jeff Fisher now that he don't have to babysit Vince Young or have an owner like that telling him who to play and what to do.

Please don't lose to the Titans, they deserve to lose forever for destroying what used to be a valuable franchise called the Houston Oilers, and yes people like me are still bitter about it.

this 100% the harder the challenges are, the better growth this team gets. id rather not go into games hoping for an "easy" win, and then overlooking the next opponent or not being prepared for them. get to the grind!

They've also fired their old offensive coordinator, hired a new one and now Tom Moore is involved with the offense, somewhat. I still think that if Luck and our offense plays consitently well, we should win this game. We need to put points on the board, especially when we're in the red zone. Our defense will be fine, not good or great, but good enough to stop the Titans.

Totally agree. I'm looking for some solid red zone efficiency in this one. I would like to see touchdowns, both passing and rushing. This is the time we need to buckle down and start fine tuning certain facets of our O.

all fairness to locker, he has been hurt this year and missed a few games. remember against houston he dislocated his shoulder. he was out for like 4 or 5 weeks before he made his return a week or two ago.

I dont think Tennesse believes Locker is a long term answer....They made a big run at Peyton manning...in the off-season

We disagree..He isnt that good..and I think they know it....everybody does.....he's not 'Mr Right'..He's 'Mr. Right now'

Similar to the Alex Smith situation in SF..only on a losing team

You can spend a top pick on a guy who isnt that good..and you know it quickly...

That's because it's Peyton Freaking Manning. Peyton Manning wouldn't have been a long term answer either. They are clearly okay with developing Locker which is why they brought Hasselbeck in in the first place. Manning would have replaced Hasselback in that role for them and then departed and they would have handed things over to Locker down the road. It's what some wanted us to do here with Manning and Luck. Just because they went after maybe the best QB in the game right now does not mean in anyway that they don't think Locker is the answer for them at QB.

if they didn't think he was the answer they wouldn't have drafted him in the first place that high. They aren't just going to give up on him after a less than a full season of starts. There would be no point in them going back to Hasselback right now in the middle of a losing season other than injury to Locker. They need to find out if Locker can play and the only way to do that is to play him and you don't do that by yanking him in and out of the line up.

Also Aaron Rodgers did okay for not being mr. right now. So did Eli Manning. Heck it even took Drew Brees a few years and a new team to catch on. Even Brady wasn't mr. right now. The only mr. right now that is currently a top five QB in the NFL was Peyton Manning. I am not saying that Locker will be as good as those QBs are but I am saying he needs a chance to develop and see if he can be any good and no he has not had that kind of time yet and frankly no NFL team is going to give up on a QB they took with a top 10 pick when he's had less than a full season of starts. That's what I am telling you.

The only issue is Jake Locker is very streaky, much like a streaky shooter in the NBA.

Some games, he is really on and some games he is off. If he starts off good, that is the worst thing that can happen to us because the risk element goes down when they have a lead and hand it off to CJ2K. If he starts off bad and then picks up steam, CJ2K is less of a factor later in the game. I would rather prefer that in his streakiness that he picks up steam later so that both are not positive factors in the game.

Make sense???

Lately, not just power runners, even the less stocky ones have been giving us some issues on the ground. We all know Luck is going to make a mistake or two, hopefully the score is manageable after those mistakes giving us a chance to win again.

From what I've heard here in Nashville, the Titans are set of Locker starting until further notice. Injury would be the open door for Hasselbeck. The Titans see Locker as the QB for the future.

We need to focus on shutting down CJ, protecting Luck against the pass rush, and making it to 9-4!!

From what I've heard here in Nashville, the Titans are set of Locker starting until further notice. Injury would be the open door for Hasselbeck. The Titans see Locker as the QB for the future.

We need to focus on shutting down CJ, protecting Luck against the pass rush, and making it to 9-4!!

and again...that's what the Jets said about Mark Sanchez....and they replace dhim at halftime last week..

after Locker's low-rent performance last week...

dont be shocked to see Hasselbeck come out of the bullpen.......because he could beat us