Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton is so good, it's like cheating

BayAreaBronco

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread went off topic with a personal argument.

Please remember when you see an inappropriate/baiting post, report it rather than respond to it.

If you respond to a post that has been removed, your response will also be removed.

Several posts were removed from this thread.

I'm assuming you guys still want to talk about this topic so I'm reopening it.

Well, I will say this; it is a good thing that the NFL isn't set up like the BCS..lol. In all fairness, I believe that you just go out and beat who you are scheduled to and Peyton has looked good pounding cupcakes. I just hope that they make it past the first game. Not saying that they won't but lets just see.

Well, I will say this; it is a good thing that the NFL isn't set up like the BCS..lol. In all fairness, I believe that you just go out and beat who you are scheduled to and Peyton has looked good pounding cupcakes. I just hope that they make it past the first game. Not saying that they won't but lets just see.

If they beat Baltimore in Baltimore, you have to give some respect for that road win. If, in the minds of folks, only the Pats and Texans are elite, then there is only one way to prove it in the playoffs for the Broncos - beat them in the playoffs.

I have a hard time believing that the Texans, Pats and Broncos cannot hang with the best in the NFC in the SB, but that is just me. :)

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 7, 2012 - inappropriate
Hidden by 21isSuperman, December 7, 2012 - inappropriate

This thread went off topic with a personal argument.

Please remember when you see an inappropriate/baiting post, report it rather than respond to it.

If you respond to a post that has been removed, your response will also be removed.

Several posts were removed from this thread.

I'm assuming you guys still want to talk about this topic so I'm reopening it.

Yeah, nice job removing my post that was apparently "off topic" and "baiting" but leave the ones that caused me to post it in the first place, which were in fact "baiting" and "off topic". Well done.

There's more passion for the Broncolts in this thread than there is for the Colts in most threads.. lol. I miss Peyton also, but we all know none of the smack talkers are looking forward to seeing him in the playoffs (except me, :rock:)

Well considering that this is the NFL Section and that is where all non Colts Post are to be posted I guess that is why your not seeing Luck or Colts post in this section. They have their own section and it's full of Colts post.

PS The title of the thread is Peyton is so Good. Go Figure haha

If they beat Baltimore in Baltimore, you have to give some respect for that road win. If, in the minds of folks, only the Pats and Texans are elite, then there is only one way to prove it in the playoffs for the Broncos - beat them in the playoffs.

I have a hard time believing that the Texans, Pats and Broncos cannot hang with the best in the NFC in the SB, but that is just me. :)

I have no doubt about the Texans or Pats. I just want to see how the Broncos do against good teams. If they beat Baltimore convincingly, then I have no doubts, but it is some truth that they have struggled against good teams. (and the Chiefs..lol. Romeo still got it when it comes to slowing down Peyton Manning)

Well considering that this is the NFL Section and that is where all non Colts Post are to be posted I guess that is why your not seeing Luck or Colts post in this section. They have their own section and it's full of Colts post.

PS The title of the thread is Peyton is so Good. Go Figure haha

"most threads" being all the threads on the board.

I gotcha ya though!

The 2012 Broncos = the 2001-2010 Colts....his WR's are 88 and 87 there too..IRONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with 3 ex-Colts starting for Denver,,,,,including our 12-year QB.....

it would be odd if many Colts fans DIDNT have passion for Denver...

But there's enough to pull for both Denver and Indy...

I have to say that the paralell ressurrections stories of the Colts and Peyton have made this one of my favorites all-time seasons...

..and to have 2 'Indy-flavored' teams in a 6-team playoff...

......this really is a lot of fun...

Hey, there is such a thing as equine phobia!

I have a friend who is from Cleveland, and he hates, hates, hates John Elway!

Many Colts fans hate Elway. I only started to forgive him with his demonstrated respect and exuberance for Peyton when they were recruiting him. It would be nice to hear him express some remorse for his behavior way back when.

Hey 21isSuperman, what have you got against #7 anyway? Are you allergic to HOF QBs or what? Only Teasing my friend... haha

img20569014.jpg

KGrHqVHJCkE8fnY0OdGBPwlGOQVBQ60_31.jpg

I just don't like how he reacted to the Colts drafting him. He was drafted by Baltimore and refused to play for them and demanded a trade. I don't like it when players do that. Now, if he had solid reasons for doing so, I might come to like him a bit more. But I really don't like it when a rookie tries to dictate where he plays.

What's crazy to me is that before yesterday's game, Peyton had thrown 29 TD passes this season and that is the franchise record for the Broncos. I always thought Elway would have had at least one season where he threw more than 29 TDs

Eric Berry has that haha

So let me see if I got it

Steelers - Great chemistry

Falcons - Bad chemistry

Texans - More bad chemistry

Raiders - Sweet chemistry!

Patriots - Aw man bad chemistry again

Chargers - Chemistry once more!! Woo woo!

Question is will they suddenly lose their "chemistry" when they play the Ravens and then magically regain it the next week against the Browns...only time will tell.

"Chemistry" jokes aside Vance87.

Even you have to admit that the Peyton Manning experiment has yielded a Playoff Caliber AFC West Division Winning NFL Team & that's no magic formula, chemical hocus pocus my friend!

Manning-off-and-running-in-Denver-9P28DSI5-x-large.jpg

14218311-test-tube-chemical.jpg

Many Colts fans hate Elway. I only started to forgive him with his demonstrated respect and exuberance for Peyton when they were recruiting him. It would be nice to hear him express some remorse for his behavior way back when.

I just don't like how he reacted to the Colts drafting him. He was drafted by Baltimore and refused to play for them and demanded a trade. I don't like it when players do that. Now, if he had solid reasons for doing so, I might come to like him a bit more. But I really don't like it when a rookie tries to dictate where he plays.

What's crazy to me is that before yesterday's game, Peyton had thrown 29 TD passes this season and that is the franchise record for the Broncos. I always thought Elway would have had at least one season where he threw more than 29 TDs

I find it ironic that very few people hold QB Eli Manning to the same standard considering he was drafted by San Diego and he clearly rejected where he was drafted to go as well. Not a criticism of anyone on here per say just an observation.

Eli takes no condemnation at all for what he did in dismissing the Chargers where he was selected to go originally. Considering how the Manning Family is NFL royalty in this country, as they should be, I find it strange that no one in the Manning family faces scrutiny for not going where you were drafted to go. Eli Manning did the same thing John Elway did. Let's be fair here. Thank you.

I find it ironic that very few people hold QB Eli Manning to the same standard considering he was drafted by San Diego & he clearly rejected where he was drafted to go as well. No a criticism of anyone per say just an observation. Eli takes no condemnation at all for what he did in dismissing the Chargers where he was selected to go originally.

Eli announced he would or warned Chargers first, did Elway, dont remember

do remember this , i heard the news while taking a relaxing bath getting ready for surgery and and went under the water causing a flood , thats me getting ready to perform surgery not get some done to me , with me u never know ( LOL )

, at least girlfriend cleaned it up or would have been late & I was first up but had a few to do in a row so more than enough time reserved if was late

u should of seen the surgery schedules, always switching rooms pending who was done and turnaround time, person in charge was good at it though but paperwork that started clean looked more like a jigsaw puzzle after the day was done

All that being said...I will always respect John Elway, Eli Manning, & the entire Manning Family no matter what. John has 2 SB rings & so does Eli so it's a moot point now I guess.

It does make you wonder if Eli Manning would have won multiple rings for San Diego though like an NFL what if question...

All that being said...I will always respect John Elway, Eli Manning, & the entire Manning Family no matter what. John has 2 SB rings & so does Eli so it's a moot point now I guess.

It does make you wonder if Eli Manning would have won multiple rings for San Diego though like an NFL what if question...

I just can't picture Phillip Rivers in NY though. However with that spectacular Giants line, amazing pass rush, and Rivers quick release of the ball who knows right?

Can you imagine what Peyton could do with that line? WOW!!! In any case, what's done is done & Denver looks fantastic! I'm rooting for Ya man...Go kick some NFL caboose Yoda! haha:worthy::thmup:

I find it ironic that very few people hold QB Eli Manning to the same standard considering he was drafted by San Diego and he clearly rejected where he was drafted to go as well. Not a criticism of anyone on here per say just an observation.

Eli takes no condemnation at all for what he did in dismissing the Chargers where he was selected to go originally. Considering how the Manning Family is NFL royalty in this country, as they should be, I find it strange that no one in the Manning family faces scrutiny for not going where you were drafted to go. Eli Manning did the same thing John Elway did. Let's be fair here. Thank you.

I was a kid at the time, and a lifelong utterly devoted Baltimore Colts fan. Everything about Elway smacked of arrogant jerk - I didn't like the guy even before the draft. He had leverage which I lived through him actually utilizing - after the draft - loudly and clearly against the Colts. He personally irreparably damaged the franchise. One could easily make the argument that they would still be in Baltimore if not for him - which amongst other things would have allowed me to conceive of seeing a home game once in awhile.

Eli had no leverage what-so-ever, and I don't recall Eli saying anything. It was his father who was in the news. Obnoxious, but largely meaningless. What was he going to do, sit at home without a paycheck? Yeah, right. The Chargers didn't have to do a darn thing.

The actual irony in this situation is the involvement of Ernie Accorsi in both situations - and it's not a co-incidence. The Elway situation was all about Accorsi being bullied and desperate, stuck between two incredibly unpleasant people (Elway and Irsay). The Manning situation was all about Accorsi REALLY wanting Manning, and perhaps wanting to in some way fix an itch that had been torturing him for decades. The trade didn't have to happen, and far from being irreparably damaged, one could make the argument that the Chargers made out like bandits in the deal - with Accorsi once again being swindled.

Regardless, I don't hold this against Eli partially because I couldn't care less, and partially because all sides were delighted with the way it worked out. I don't think that the situations are comparable at all.

If only the Colts had drafted Marino or Kelly instead. Or at least Dickerson - because that way the incomparably incompetent Jim Irsay wouldn't have set back the franchise ANOTHER decade by later trading for him.

I'm no expert on the 2012 NFL Playoffs scenarios, but I hope that the Broncos & the Colts don't face either other. I would be so torn like asking a mother to decide which child she loves the most. I can't do it. I'd be an emotional wreck man. :oops: :whew: :Yikes::sigh:

Either way your both a winner and a loser,but if i have to lose to someone,no one id rather loose too :thmup: if that makes any sense

southwest1, on 07 December 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'm no expert on the 2012 NFL Playoffs scenarios, but I hope that the Broncos & the Colts don't face either other. I would be so torn like asking a mother to decide which child she loves the most. I can't do it. I'd be an emotional wreck man. :oops: :whew: :Yikes::sigh:

Jay Kirk

Either way your both a winner and a loser,but if i have to lose to someone,no one id rather loose too :thmup: if that makes any sense

Sorry gang but not for me, That's the game I want most first over all!! If its a lose than it's a lose to me as a Colt. I cherish the opportunity to meet the Enemy and that is now what he is to me he's no longer a Colt and he's my Enemy and that's all it is to me!! Peyton's been known to blow and chock a few in his day when it gets down to the nitty gritty 9-10 in playoffs not counting

SB's So hit us with your best shot!!! And then again were not officially there just yet. But if we do end up playing peyton I say again, HIT US WITH YOU BEST SHOT FIRE AWAY!!!! OOOO YEA!!!!

Sorry gang but not for me, That's the game I want most first over all!! If its a lose than it's a lose to me as a Colt. I cherish the opportunity to meet the Enemy and that is now what he is to me he's no longer a Colt and he's my Enemy and that's all it is to me!! Peyton's been known to blow and chock a few in his day when it gets down to the nitty gritty 9-10 in playoffs not counting

SB's So hit us with your best shot!!! And then again were not officially there just yet. But if we do end up playing peyton I say again, HIT US WITH YOU BEST SHOT FIRE AWAY!!!! OOOO YEA!!!!

But you've made it clear in other posts that you don't like Peyton anyway, so it's not exactly as if you are conflicted - which many of us are. We might as well poll Patriots fans. It's like asking me if I (as a Rutgers fan) was torn when the Broncos played the Bucs recently. Ah, no. Shiano is a jerk. I'm quite happy that he is no longer coaching Rutgers - even if I puff my chest out occasionally about some of the accomplishments that he is responsible for. If the Broncos had stomped him un-mercilessly I would have been delighted - much as you apparently hope to be.

However Pat Benatar is something that I can agree on - regardless of what the question is. :P

I agree with you. I really don't like what Eli did either.

But you've made it clear in other posts that you don't like Peyton anyway, so it's not exactly as if you are conflicted - which many of us are. We might as well poll Patriots fans. It's like asking me if I (as a Rutgers fan) was torn when the Broncos played the Bucs recently. Ah, no. Shiano is a jerk. I'm quite happy that he is no longer coaching Rutgers - even if I puff my chest out occasionally about some of the accomplishments that he is responsible for. If the Broncos had stomped him un-mercilessly I would have been delighted - much as you apparently hope to be.

However Pat Benatar is something that I can agree on - regardless of what the question is. :P

Sorry but never said I didn't like Peyton although yes I'm not a true fan of his like a lot of people here are..All that matters to me are the Colts in the here and now and that's how it has been for me since 1958 and that's the way it will stay till death do us part!!

OK I must admit if maybe it was Johnny U (who made me a Colts Fan 1958) playing us I would have second thoughts about it? On

second thought NAhhh!! Sorry DAD!! (Johnny U) We would have to whip your butt too and that's the way it is and always will be!!! AND STILL WANT TO SEE Colts Broncos game it would be the most emotional and most exciting for all to see for what its.

Good choice there MAC! I just don't want Indianapolis and Denver to turn into "Fire & Ice" though. haha Care to back me up on this one Pat Benator? Drum roll please...Here we go! :thmup:

Sorry but never said I didn't like Peyton although yes I'm not a true fan of his like a lot of people here are..All that matters to me are the Colts in the here and now and that's how it has been for me since 1958 and that's the way it will stay till death do us part!!

OK I must admit if maybe it was Johnny U (who made me a Colts Fan 1958) playing us I would have second thoughts about it? On

second thought NAhhh!! Sorry DAD!! (Johnny U) We would have to whip your butt too and that's the way it is and always will be!!! AND STILL WANT TO SEE Colts Broncos game it would be the most emotional and most exciting for all to see for what its.

That's fine. It certainly would be an exiting matchup. You can understand my confusion though. You often refer matter of factly to Peyton's "tendency to choke" (in my opinion an absurd miss-characterization that is normally only uttered by non-Colts fans or trolls), and the implication I derive is that you would take particular pleasure in seeing Peyton lose. That contrasts sharply with the sentiments of those of us who would consider such a loss painful to behold. Frankly I'm not sure that I would even watch the game, I certainly wouldn't derive any pleasure from it either way - which kind of defeats the benefit of the excitement that you refer to. I would find the prospect of that match-up horrendous.

By the way, I've been a Colts fan since 67-68, and I loved Unitas (and Jones) as well. Both had cruel endings to their career that inspired some disgust with the organization, and I'm quite sure that if either had left the team in their prime, I would have been just as conflicted as I am now. Regardless I am a Colts fan. Always have been, always will be.

That's fine. It certainly would be an exiting matchup. You can understand my confusion though. You often refer matter of factly to Peyton's "tendency to choke" (in my opinion an absurd miss-characterization that is normally only uttered by non-Colts fans or trolls), and the implication I derive is that you would take particular pleasure in seeing Peyton lose. That contrasts sharply with the sentiments of those of us who would consider such a loss painful to behold. Frankly I'm not sure that I would even watch the game, I certainly wouldn't derive any pleasure from it either way - which kind of defeats the benefit of the excitement that you refer to. I would find the prospect of that match-up horrendous.

By the way, I've been a Colts fan since 67-68, and I loved Unitas (and Jones) as well. Both had cruel endings to their career that inspired some disgust with the organization, and I'm quite sure that if either had left the team in their prime, I would have been just as conflicted as I am now. Regardless I am a Colts fan. Always have been, always will be.

Excellent post MAC. Couldnt have said it better.

All I can say to this is I'll take pleasure in whom ever the Colts beat!! I'm a Colts fan and no ones else!! Period!! Makes no different who it is Broncs are any of them!! Win or lose its since 1958 GO COLTS AND NO ONE ELSE HAS MY HEART BUT THE COLTS!!! TILL DEATH DO ME PART!!!

This was indeed a very nice piece of prose my friend. You certain have me beat in the Colts loyalty longevity department. I admire that.

Actually, both MAC & Cs4 deserve equal credit for superior musical tastes. I just got momentarily confused about who replied to whom. Nice job fellas!

Either way Peyton Manning & Andrew Luck know that they are both "Paying The Cost To Be The Boss"...Last musical post on this topic moderators I promise.

http://youtu.be/e2i2e0rQT1s

OH!!! Yea!!! That's me for sure!!!

All I can say to this is I'll take pleasure in whom ever the Colts beat!! I'm a Colts fan and no ones else!! Period!! Makes no different who it is Broncs are any of them!! Win or lose its since 1958 GO COLTS AND NO ONE ELSE HAS MY HEART BUT THE COLTS!!! TILL DEATH DO ME PART!!!

I think and feel most people have the same sediment, is that Peytons situation was unique and completely different than any other in history. We're talking about a serious injury that could have ended his career all together. Never played another snap. He is a medical miracle in the sense he over came so much adversity.

The situation was not one of such where he was past his prime and not performing nor one where the Colts could have 'done better' without him due to him.

I think colts fans became very emotionally involved with him as a person and player through his surgeries and franchise playing, adding what he did for Indianapolis as a city as well. He turned a predominatly basketball city into an unrivalled football crazy lovin town.

He did more than just play QB for the Colts. He built a foundation for future Colts football greatness.

That alone is to be commended and admired no matter where he hangs his helmet or what logo is painted on the side.

You cannot deny what he did nor should anyone be harassed or 'called out' due to supporting him and wishing him another Super Bowl ring.

I think he deserves that.

I think and feel most people have the same sediment, is that Peytons situation was unique and completely different than any other in history. We're talking about a serious injury that could have ended his career all together. Never played another snap. He is a medical miracle in the sense he over came so much adversity.

The situation was not one of such where he was past his prime and not performing nor one where the Colts could have 'done better' without him due to him.

I think colts fans became very emotionally involved with him as a person and player through his surgeries and franchise playing, adding what he did for Indianapolis as a city as well. He turned a predominatly basketball city into an unrivalled football crazy lovin town.

He did more than just play QB for the Colts. He built a foundation for future Colts football greatness.

That alone is to be commended and admired no matter where he hangs his helmet or what logo is painted on the side.

You cannot deny what he did nor should anyone be harassed or 'called out' due to supporting him and wishing him another Super Bowl ring.

Amen. You all know how I feel.

I have no problem with that at all I Totally agree!!. But I don't exactly know what you mean about (should anyone be harassed or 'called out' due to supporting him) that certainly was not me I don't do things like that I believe people have a right to like who ever they want and I respect that. What I would have a problem with is if Colts do play Broncos if some would hope that Manning

and Broncos kick our butts then I would question their loyalty to this team and wonder what they are doing here. Haven't heard

anything like that but some times I do wonder about that by what some say. Just saying. But as I said my heart is and has always been with the Colts no matter who we play cannot be any other way.