•  

Photo

Wed Injury report

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7097 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Mike Chappell@mchappell51
#colts participation: DNP-Brown (ankle), Freeney (rest), Justice (head), Reitz (head), Redding (ankle), Zbikowski (knee). FULL-Luck (knee)

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports
Roos (knee) didn't practice on Wed, and neither did WR Damian Williams (hammy) DE Wimbley (toe) or Hutchinson #Titans

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 MTC

MTC

The Governor

• Community Moderator
  • 4872 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Brown out for Sunday?

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#3 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4679 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Brown out for Sunday?

Yeah he's out.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#4 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1299 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Brown out for Sunday?

He and Zibby have both been ruled out.

#5 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5326 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

4 of the 5 starting Oline for the Titans to begin the year are on IR. Hutchinson, Amano, Stewart and Harris. Roos only one not on IR.

#6 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9029 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Ehh, not bad. I expect Redding to play so that's Good. I think we're in good shape to go 3-1 in Division play on Sunday

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#7 Jules

Jules

"All the world's a stage"

• 7097 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports
Guard Steve Hutchinson is out for Sunday's game vs Colts. #Titans

And in case you missed it, #colts bruce arians has already ruled out RB Donald Brown (ankle) and S Tom Zbikowski (knee).

"I saw an Angel in the marble and carved until I set it free." ~ Michelangelo

#8 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

I like the way our injury report has been looking lately..compared to other teams like the Bears that always has a starter that is put on IR every other week, I'm grateful that our guys have been able to stay relatively healthy..

#9 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5326 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports
Guard Steve Hutchinson is out for Sunday's game vs Colts. #Titans

And in case you missed it, #colts bruce arians has already ruled out RB Donald Brown (ankle) and S Tom Zbikowski (knee).

Hutchinson was put on IR today and the Titans claimed Mitch Petrus off waivers. http://espn.go.com/n...injured-reserve

#10 AustinCollie17

AustinCollie17

• 2134 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Man just think

If we didn't give up the Jax game early in the year we would be staring at a chance to go 4-0 in the division. We would be putting the pressure on Houston then
Waiting for the draft...

#11 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Injury report looks better every week. Justice & Reitz will be ruled in or out tomorrow or friday.

Hopefully the injury isn't too serious for Zibby and I am just now noticing that Freeney is resting at least 1 or 2 days a week.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#12 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9029 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Injury report looks better every week. Justice & Reitz will be ruled in or out tomorrow or friday.

Hopefully the injury isn't too serious for Zibby and I am just now noticing that Freeney is resting at least 1 or 2 days a week.

Freeney is getting Old. He didn't turn back time like Reggie did haha

#13 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Freeney is getting Old. He didn't turn back time like Reggie did haha

That is what I was figuring, i guess all guys can't be like Reggie, must have something to do with the water down in Miami.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#14 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5326 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Freeney has been missing wednesday practices for the past two years

#15 southwest1

southwest1
  • 11926 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

#colts participation: DNP-Brown (ankle), Freeney (rest), Justice (head), Reitz (head), Redding (ankle), Zbikowski (knee). FULL-Luck (knee)

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports
Roos (knee) didn't practice on Wed, and neither did WR Damian Williams (hammy) DE Wimbley (toe) or Hutchinson #Titans

Once again, the value of twitter has been displayed. I yield in complete capitulation. :giveup: I know when I have been soundly defeated & must cry mercy. lmao
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#16 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question by why does Luck keep appearing on the injury reports each weak (always as prob)?

#17 southwest1

southwest1
  • 11926 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question by why does Luck keep appearing on the injury reports each weak (always as prob)?

Good question SCC! I wish I had answer for you on that one. No, it's not a dumb question at all. In fact, it's a brilliant question.

If I were to speculate, I would guess that a number of HC who routinely does this want opposing DC's to prepare for more than 1 QB i.e. what are both field general's skilled at or well versed in shotgun? Naked bootlegs? [I love saying that word BTW: sounds sultry, seductive & illegal all at the same time :D] Screens? Flee Flickers?

The point is the more uncertainty you create for an opposing DC; the more you take away & distract a team from stopping what you do best on game day. Distractions are always a thorn in your enemy's side & they take away valuable practice time on the field.
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#18 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

I figured that it would be for a strategic reason but I hadn't thought of that southwest so thanks for pointing that out. I thought it might have been more to the tighter injury reporting rules and setting baselines but I don't know enough on the ins and outs of it all.

I can see though why a backup QB can cause issues without preparation and anything that can detract from them game planning for Andrew would a positive for us.

#19 Mush

Mush
  • Rookie
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Good question SCC! I wish I had answer for you on that one. No, it's not a dumb question at all. In fact, it's a brilliant question.

If I were to speculate, I would guess that a number of HC who routinely does this want opposing DC's to prepare for more than 1 QB i.e. what are both field general's skilled at or well versed in shotgun? Naked bootlegs? [I love saying that word BTW: sounds sultry, seductive & illegal all at the same time :D] Screens? Flee Flickers?

The point is the more uncertainty you create for an opposing DC; the more you take away & distract a team from stopping what you do best on game day. Distractions are always a thorn in your enemy's side & they take away valuable practice time on the field.

. I agree,..but why not make him questionable?,..probable means he will play, especially for a team in playoff contention

#20 coltnorth

coltnorth
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

If he receives any treatment at all he must appear on the injury report. If trainers ice his knee down and do some ultrasound (very commom) the team puts him on report. Nothing important but better to not end up being fined for failure to report.

#21 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9029 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

If he receives any treatment at all he must appear on the injury report. If trainers ice his knee down and do some ultrasound (very commom) the team puts him on report. Nothing important but better to not end up being fined for failure to report.

Exactly Right. We don't wanna end up like Baltimore when they didn't Report Ed Reed -___-

#22 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Thanks for that, sated my curiosity :)

#23 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

Freeney has been missing wednesday practices for the past two years

I figured, I just now noticed it, I never really looked at the injury report before this year. I guess years of rushing the passer has been taking its toll.

#24 RomanianColtsFan

RomanianColtsFan
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

The list is smaller than it used to be but the IR list is long too

#25 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5814 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

The list is smaller than it used to be but the IR list is long too

exactalaclty

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates