Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colts.com

TITANS vs. COLTS SOLD OUT--TELEVISED LOCALLY

1 post in this topic

The Tennessee Titans s vs. Indianapolis Colts game this Sunday, December 9th has been sold out. The game will be televised locally on WISH-TV Channel 8.

View the full article

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Colts' Scouts: What they liked about LeRaven Clark....
      Gavin.....   Not trying to pick a fight or give you a hard time....    So, note I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps you used the wrong word/term.    Perhaps you said one thing when you meant another?   But note the line you wrote that I put into big BOLD letters.   There is not place in the known universe where Christian Westerman -- one of my favorite players in the draft -- has better tools that LeRaven Clark.    No place.    If you're going to argue the opposite,  then you don't know what the term "tools" means.     Tools are mostly the things that can't be coached.     Height, Weight,  speed,  strength,  Arm length,  hand size,  Wonderlic and character.     Clark wins almost every category, many of them in a landslide.    Western has bench press, a little speed and maybe a better wonderlic.   But if you were a mad scientist and were creating a perfect right tackle from scratch,  you'd create someone who looks almost exactly like LeRaven Clark.   The biggest advantage that Westerman has over Clark is he played in an NFL style offense in college, so he's been coached up better.     He should be ready to contribute on some level his rookie year.   Clark stands a decent chance of not playing at all,  or maybe playing a very little amount his rookie year.   And then maybe he starts at guard in 17,  and then moves to tackle in '18.     That's a rough projection.    Clark is so raw, and THAT'S the reason he fell to 82nd overall.   Yes,  Clark has 4th/5th round tape.    But he has high 1st round tools.   The stuff you can't coach.    God only makes so many players like this.         This is the same argument I had with Dustin last year.    He HATED both Flowers and Peat.    He hated Flowers' footwork and Peat's handwork.      I kept trying to explain that those issues are coachable.    But their size and skill set are not.     Hard to find them, and if you believe in your coaches to get the most out of your players,   then you take the physical freak if you think they can be coached up.       This is the same argument I had with you over Ziggy Ansah.    You looked at the tape and didn't see a 1st round pick,  much less a top-10 pick.     Yes, he didn't have first round tape.    But he had come so far, so fast, that with his raw tools,  the Lions saw a future all-pro.     And that's just what he's turned into.        You see what a player IS.     Scouts try to see what a player CAN BE.     This is where you've stumbled your toe every draft season.       So, if the Colts think that Clark can be coached up,  then you grab him in the 3rd round and never look back.   Clark has been a top-100 player on every major draft board that counts.    Anyone who had him outside the top-100 simply doesn't understand the draft.     If you found a website that had Clark lower than a 3rd rounder, then you're reading the wrong board.   Sorry this post was so long.    Wanted to touch as many issues as I could...      
    • Seen Any Good Movies Lately? Rental Or New Release...Share Your Insights/Reviews Please...
      It's beautiful outside in WI right now. 72 degrees with a nice gentle breeze coming straight out of west, which begs the question: SW1, what the hades are you doing in front of your computer screen inside your house then? A fair question. I do have all the windows open with some nice, breezy, cross ventilation going on at the moment. I'm not a big Memorial Day Weekend road warrior traveler myself, but as we collectively welcome the beginning of the Summer season, I figured why not fully embrace the sunshine & low humidity with one of my all time favorite film comedy classics of all time that was released in 1984. Before I mention what the flick is, let's start with some memorable quotes shall we...   "There's 6,127 students at Atoms [University], 58% of which are girls. So?  So, that's 7,107.32 boobs.  Ah, you college guys are all alike; all you ever think about is getting laid. I wish I was going with ya.."    "You know when you were a baby in your crib. You're father looked down on you & he had but 1 wish. That somebody my son would grow up to be a man. Well, you just got your cabooses whipped by a bunch of God darn nerds. Nerds! Now, if I was you, I'd redeem myself in the eyes of my father, my maker, & my coach!"    "This is gonna be a great year! LOL!"    "S**t, we forgot to practice."    Yes, I am of course referring to the film "Revenge Of The Nerds" directed by Jeff Kanew. It has a running time of 1 hour & 30 minutes. I love this misfit comedy that never gets old to me. I just like the universal themes discussed in this picture: alienation, uncertainty about your future as you enter adulthood, a desperate need to belong & fit in somewhere, standing up for yourself, & intelligence & ingenuity utilized against jocks & cheerleaders who slam, mock, & ridicule outcasts or those deemed odd by the popular masses overall. I often return to the same themes over & over again in my cinematic critiques, which says more about me than the characters themselves. I enjoy films that deal with loneliness, sarcasm, getting even, leveling the playing field in life, & finding a niche with people who appreciate you for your quarks, uniqueness, & wickedly mischievous humor.    Plotline: 2 best friends, Lewis Skolnick [Robert Carradine] & Gilbert Lowe [Anthony Edwards], are being driven to Atoms University by Lewis's father Mr. Skolnick [James Cromwell]. All 3 of these individuals are textbook examples of geeks with pocket protectors, calculators, & thick rimmed glasses. They excel with numbers, decimal points, & anything robot or computer related, but when it comes to sweeping an attractive woman off her feet, they are clumsy, awkward neophytes when it comes to the art of sly seduction tactics or romantic intrigue.    The cool thing about Lewis is that he is supremely confident in himself. Does he see himself as a wizard intellectually with the casanova confidence of Hugh Hefner? Yes, he actually does, which is very infectious. It doesn't matter what other people think only what you think. Just run with it & go with Gusto baby. Lewis's sidekick Gilbert on the other hand is very shy. However, just like Lewis, he always sees the best not the worst in others around him.  Gilbert is better at detecting when people are trying to * over for real with false exaggerations & platitudes than Lewis is though.    As with any comedy, you must have a rival or somebody who tries to undercut Lewis & Gilbert at every turn. These 3 adversaries are Stan Gable [Ted McGinley] the QB jock with blond hair & blue eyes, the football head coach named Harris [John Goodman] who constantly abuses his authority toward the school's Chancellor  Dean Ulrich, & the head of the cheerleading squad & Mr. Gable's girlfriend named Betty Childs [Julie Montgomery]. Stan & Betty belong to the same organization called the Greek Council on campus meaning that they can pretty much harass anybody they want with no repercussions of any kind against them. When Stan & his fellow football athletes burn down their fraternity house being reckless with alcohol & a lighter, these jocks throw Lewis, Gilbert, & the entire freshman class out of their dorms & they force them to sleep on cots in the basketball gymnasium. College tuition fees include & promise satisfactory housing quarters for all new students. This substitution would never suffice in real life, but we play along as an audience because we want to see how these disadvantaged individuals make the best of a bad situation & dish out some payback bad karma of their own.    First, Lewis finds his goof ball friends a rundown 2 story house to repair & rent. He walks them to the place filled with cobwebs that looks like it should be condemned by the city & then bulldozed over. Lewis says this line with such enthusiasm & exuberance "isn't it fantastic?!" I always laugh when I see that part just like clockwork. Dude, are you freaking nuts? LOL! Well, in no time flat, Lewis & the gang turn that lump of residential coal into a shinny diamond that is the prize of that neighborhood block. Next, a brick is thrown thru a window demanding that these nerds need to get out. Then, Lewis & Gilbert discover that the only way geek vandalism will stop forever is by winning the fraternity & sorority games at Homecoming, which will kick Stan Gable & his ruthless friends out of office as leaders of the Greek Council. Their only stumbling block is this: They need to get an educational college chapter to sponsor them. Once that happens, Gilbert & co. can compete in games & take over student government at Atoms university.    Lewis & the boys only get 1 offer from a historically black charter called Lambda, Lambda, Lambda. They are allowed to become temporary members of this charter for a 60 day probationary period. The guys are so excited over this wonderful news that they invite a high ranking official named U.N. Jefferson [Bernie Casey] over to their place for a dance party on Saturday night. The party is a disaster. Betty Childs played a horrible joke on the nerds. She pretended that she & the rest of the cheerleading squad would show up & be their all the way dates over the weekend. Instead, they let pigs run thru their house, stood all the Lambda candidates up, & the football players mooned them on the back of a flatbed, farm truck. Lewis & the fellas got even by pouring hot liquid heat all over their jock straps before practice & breaking into Betty's sorority, placing hidden cameras in all the rooms/restrooms, & compelling naked women to run after them with their underwear in toe as they scurry down the hallway laughing hysterically. Yes, I know this is sexist, wrong, & an invasion of their female privacy in real life. However, this is just an over the top coming of age comedy where goof balls give Stan Gable & Betty Childs a taste of their own medicine. Trust me. They definitely deserve it.    The games during homecoming are funny too complete with javelin throwing, a belching contest, riding a tricycle for 20 laps as you chug a beer, & a musical skit live performance complete with fireworks, a cool light show, & some Micheal Jackson moonwalking man. After Lewis & the Lambdas win the games making them eligible to control the Greek Council next yr., Harris the head coach blows a gasket inciting the men under his supervision to destroy, demolish, & ransack their newly renovated house. Gilbert is furious & he decides to march right over to the pep rally & give Stan Gable & the whole football team a piece of his mind. He gets thrown into a decorative flower pond until UN Jefferson shows up with other Lambda, Lambda, Lambda members all of whom look strong enough & big enough to start on any NFL squad right now.    Lewis & Gilbert take the microphone & give a passionate speech about not fitting in, understanding that there are more average joes in this world than heart throbs, & that nerds that are mocked now will eventually take over & run the world getting the last laugh & maybe even the drop dead cheerleader who never used to give you the time of day. Put that in your pipe & smoke it Stan Gable & Coach Harris. Nice.    I will admit though that it's strange seeing actor John Goodman play a complete self centered caboose hole. I like John a lot in real life who always plays blue collared guys to perfection.    So, as you chill sipping lemonade, margaritas, or your favorite beer eating a brat or hamburger on the grill this Memorial Day, watch "Revenge Of The Nerds" & remember fond memories back in college. It doesn't matter how popular you were or you weren't. All that matters is having good times laughing with your friends. Enjoy your holiday weekend everybody! Put your feet up & don't do a darn thing productive okay. That's an order from SW1. Alright. More like a polite command if that makes you feel better.           
    • Defensive expectation for Indy in 2016
      Man manusky didn't blitz enough for him to think he has an aggressive style he was too vanilla in scheme nothing special and when he did send a blitz it was at the wrong time
    • Book club thread - what are you reading
      That's weird.  I don't remember it being a particularly popular book.  I was not aware of it at all when it was published.  I just happened to run across it while I was browsing books in the library over the winter and decided to give it a shot.  Although our library does have two copies of it, which is strange for a small library.  I can't think of any other book in the library for which I have seen two copies.  I would be curious to know what you think of it if you do end up reading it.   I read At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks this past week.  It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody either.  It is a pretty run-of-the-mill love story, so if you like love stories you'll probably like it and if you don't you probably won't.  It's a pretty quick, simple read, so it would be good for somebody that likes the genre and wants something that they can tear through quickly without much effort.  I won't say any more than that because it is one of those books that if you have any idea what is going to happen, it will ruin it for you.
    • Same ol TRich
      Then they traded him to us for a 1st rounder. I must say, well done Cleveland. Shame about that Manziel pick tho.
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

• WoolMagnet

WoolMagnet 534

• GoColts00

GoColts00 164

• Derakynn

Derakynn 884

• Coltfreak

Coltfreak 118

• RockThatBlue

RockThatBlue 2,207

• weslo1812

weslo1812 407

• Colts_Fan12

Colts_Fan12 2,084

• BlueShoe

BlueShoe 1,664

• ar1888

ar1888 235

• Smonroe

Smonroe 5,918

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.