Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HtownColt

Captains Selected [Merge]

36 posts in this topic

Lefeged as ST captain pleases me greatly.

5 people like this

only surprise to me was redding over bethea, but I can't argue against redding. Just thought it would be bethea. Like all of the choices :)

1 person likes this

And why aren't captains selected before the season?

With the COLTS, they werent sure who was going to be here, with all the trades and adds and cuts. It looked like my crappy fantasy team(always looking for better players). :funny:

Preseason fight was whether a rookie should be captain.........I guess the young man has earned the respect of his teammates!! :thmup: :thmup: :thmup:

BTW....I voted for Captain Crunch on ST, Captain Kirk on offense, and Captain America for Defense.

Captain Caveman is on the PS (So easy a caveman can do it)

Captain Radar O'Reilly on IR....had to be a part of our MASH unit. :) GO COLTS!

2 people like this

All of these guys are definitely worth getting captain status.

Luck & Wayne have been the main guys on offense.

I still think Bethea should have gotten it but Redding & Mathis are both veteran guys.

Mcafee & Lefeged definitely deserve to be special teams captains.

Redding probably got it because in every video hes motivating the other players, getting them in the mood.

Bethea is more quiet I think

2 people like this

Everything about this is awesome.......

except.......

My Luck jersey is missing a C patch now lol.

1 person likes this

Everything about this is awesome.......

except.......

My Luck jersey is missing a C patch now lol.

Send it to me...I just took up knitting......yeah whatever :)
1 person likes this

I hope Andrew doesnt put his C on the back of his uni, cause then he would be CLUCK and we all know he isnt chicken behind our line. :lol:

3 people like this

Congratulations to them. Redding is definitely the motivational speaker & Mathis is the motivational performer on Defense imo

Preseason fight was whether a rookie should be captain.........I guess the young man has earned the respect of his teammates!! :thmup: :thmup: :thmup:

BTW....I voted for Captain Crunch on ST, Captain Kirk on offense, and Captain America for Defense.

Captain Caveman is on the PS (So easy a caveman can do it)

Captain Radar O'Reilly on IR....had to be a part of our MASH unit. :) GO COLTS!

Radar was a Corporal. Need to work in Captain Beefheart, Captain Steubing, and maybe Captain Ibrahim...

1 person likes this

Radar was a Corporal. Need to work in Captain Beefheart, Captain Steubing, and maybe Captain Ibrahim...

Good catch.....I forgot......darn it! Thans for the heads up....Steubing is hilarious......maybe he could be in sick bay with the IR folks :)

Can't disagree with any of these choices, they've all pretty much been the defacto captains as it is.

I'm surprised that some of you are surprised that Redding is captain.

1 person likes this

my boy bethea never gets any love :(

I'm surprised that some of you are surprised that Redding is captain.

Indeed, aside from being one of the more consistent players on the D, he does seem to be a good motivator of other players.

Lefeged as ST captain pleases me greatly.

Not as greatly as this guy (although perhaps that's not the reason he's smiling).

rutgerscheer2.jpg

RU Rah Rah

1 person likes this

I'm a little surprised Adam V. didn't get one of the ST spots and that picture is awesome.

Not as greatly as this guy (although perhaps that's not the reason he's smiling).

rutgerscheer2.jpg

RU Rah Rah

I hope Andrew doesnt put his C on the back of his uni, cause then he would be CLUCK and we all know he isnt chicken behind our line. :lol:

Please tell me you didn't just go there.........

Excellent selections....the players made the choices, and they know better than anyone who should be captains.

Colts have selected their captains, only the players voted

Mike Chappell@mchappell51

Arians: captains elected--lefeged/mcafee on ST; redding/mathis on defense; wayne/luck on offense.

Those are both odd selections on special teams.......Adam Vinatreri?

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d96Kk?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=indianapolis-colts

Rookie quarterback Andrew Luck and 12-year veteran wide out Reggie Wayne were named team captains on offense. Linebacker Robert Mathis and defensive end Cory Redding, who are both in their tenth year as a pro, were named as defensive captains. Punter Pat McAffe and safety/kick returner Joe Lefeged have been named as captains on special teams.

I like a lot.

Good stuff. If Angerer had remained healthy all season, do you think he would have kept the captaincy? And can you see Jerrell Freeman attaining a captaincy if he continues to play as he has all season?

Good stuff. If Angerer had remained healthy all season, do you think he would have kept the captaincy? And can you see Jerrell Freeman attaining a captaincy if he continues to play as he has all season?

yes, yes

Those are both odd selections on special teams.......Adam Vinatreri?

I was kind of surprised that AV didn't get chosen captain again. Oh Well :sigh: He's been captain for many years. :(

no and no